Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 7 Oct 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2556010)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory Test October 7th

A bright sunny morning and more Formula Fords than the average BRSCC meeting!
As usual the Tin Tops were out first, with a choice of 3 different Lola's being the pick of the bunch. Joining them were Jason Minshaw in a bright red Chevron, a pair of MR2's, a MG Midget & Maestro, a Frog eyed Sprite, a Saxo,a BMW M3, 5 RGB/Kit Cars (they all look the same to me), a Peugot 205 a proper Mini Cooper S, and a Sports 1000, a Lister Jaguar and a Lola mk6 that looked similar to the Lister. my favourite was the BMW 3.0 CSL Batmobile.
Early on in the session the burgundy (according to Wayne Pearson ex Dulux paint consultant) coloured Lola T70 managed to shear an oil pipe, emptying his complete sump between the centre of Gerrards and the Devils Elbow.
For the next 20 minutes, yours truly was to be seen with a broom in his hand (not many witnesses I hope).
In the single seater sessions, Sid Hoole had a Formula 1 Lola & Cooper out, joining them was Simon Hadfield alternating between a F1 Lotus and an ex Kenny Acheson Royale RP29, the quick Vedevn, Colin Bennett & Mike Wilds sharing a March 712 F2 car, the usual selection of F.Fords, including Don Hardman trialling a young Aussie, and 3 more Coopers.
Apart from the Torrey Canyon Lola, the only other red flag was for a Portugeuse bloke throwing his F.Ford 2000 into the Gerrards gravel.