Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 1 Jul 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1344724)   #1
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Contacting Brian Hart

Having just come into possession of most of a 1998 Hart V-10 F1 engine I'd like to try to find a few more pieces to turn this into a nice show engine.

What happened to Hart engines?
I gather that TWR took them over, what happened then?
Any idea who would have ended up with the components?

And if anyone happens to know the history of engine no. 98105 I'd be really interested!
Old 1 Jul 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1344764)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure but aren't they still in Rugby?
Old 1 Jul 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1344813)   #3
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been looking on the internet and can't find anything - might just mean they are old fashioned (or I'm searching for the wrong thing), but it's the easiest thing for me to try from Belgium.
They aren't in the Autosport directory either
Old 1 Jul 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1345009)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck anyway. They were the last of the privateer engines if I recall correctly./
Old 1 Jul 2005, 23:09 (Ref:1345071)   #5
vaughan jones
Racer

vaughan jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brian hart engines were in harlow [essex] dont ever think there moved to rugby
Old 2 Jul 2005, 04:43 (Ref:1345176)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ah it was another engine builder then.
Old 2 Jul 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1345583)   #7
h4887
Rookie

England
Braintree,Essex
h4887 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Not sure but aren't they still in Rugby?
Brian Hart was on the Pinnacles trading estate in Harlow, just across the road from where I work. The premises are now occupied by a firm called Tecno, but sadly not the one that made racing cars!

Geoff
Old 3 Jul 2005, 04:20 (Ref:1345713)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hart was absorbed by the TWR empire and what happened to it after the bankruptcy don't know. Was it picked up by Menard perhaps?

Motorsport did a article on Hart a sometime ago. If I remember correctly he is now living in France and is out of the business.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1354622)   #9
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a feeling that Paul Stoddart picked up a lot of the ex Hart machinery & dynos etc so that he could self prepare the engines in his F1 two seaters and (originally) in his EuroBossTyrrells.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1354679)   #10
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
I had a feeling that Paul Stoddart picked up a lot of the ex Hart machinery & dynos etc so that he could self prepare the engines in his F1 two seaters and (originally) in his EuroBossTyrrells.
That would make sense - apaprently it is the same engine that was fitted in the Arrows 2 seaters, which I think Stoddart bought and still uses?

I will chase them up (via my EuroBOSS contacts).
Old 16 Jul 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1356966)   #11
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
stodart did not get the hart v10 engines when twr took over hart they used them and twr thought they could do a better job at their factory- they couldnt
Brian was shafted big time in the end and the company was wound down and sold off by auction
twr carried on with their v10 engine a derivative of the hart v10
twr went bust all motors where sold at auction in 2004
stoddart bought the 2003 cars and parts for the carbon gearbox
the motors where sold off elsewhere
the hart v10 was used in Jordans 93 94 F1 cars
if u pm me i will tell u more
Ruby location is Judds ( engine developments mr Mallet! )
Old 16 Jul 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1356982)   #12
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't say that Stoddart got the V10 engines, just the machinery & dynos, and I thought that it was that that happened as a result of the auction. I might still be wrong but I thought that I'd read that somewhere. I'll bow to driftwood's greater knowledge though.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1356984)   #13
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
stoddy already had dynos etc at his factory cant see him buying more
u may be right would want to say yr wrong till i have the dna to prove it!!
if yr right how low do i have to bow!!