Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Sep 2001, 01:23 (Ref:140391)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hurrah For Brazil!

A very good day for Brazil today. Moreno is such a good winner, isn't he? Except I am sure Pat Patrick wishes he didn't stick the car in the wall while he did his donuts! Gil looked bemused and apparently has gone from not talking at all to not stopping ... and even Mikey made a move to be funny by breaking up Moreno's hugging the Podium Popsies by dousing them all in champagne!

We got the broadcast from Global, a local Canadian station, and the announcers were absolute idiots, but the coverage could not have been better otherwise.

And now Gil is on the top of the championship - sneaked up there quietly when no one was looking too. Well done Gil!

P.S. Did anyone notice that Brack rammed three people off the track today? And nobody said a word about it. If it'd been Tracy he'd have been executed.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 01:31 (Ref:140393)   #2
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least you got the Podium, Eurosport cut us off after he put it in the wall

Good old CRN got the interview though.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 04:47 (Ref:140433)   #3
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Consistancy pays off for De Ferran. He's leading the championship withought even having won a single race. Says a lot about just how cometitive Cart is, doesn't it?.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 11:50 (Ref:140547)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congrats to Moreno and Gil...

About Brack, I think something must be done... he ruined Helio's race..
Old 3 Sep 2001, 11:55 (Ref:140549)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He also ruined the race of Carpentier, and tried to ruin the races of Gil and Tracy. I think he's desperate.

Moreno needs to get in a little better shape though - he can't jump a tire wall like Alesi can! (of course Alesi is younger than he is). And it was sweet of him to dedicate his win to Greg Moore, wasn't it?
Old 3 Sep 2001, 12:26 (Ref:140567)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Moreno is always nice !

I remember he crying with his 2nd place in Japan, after his close friend Piquet.

Back in 1990 !!!

God ! He's been around for ages !!!

How old is he ??
Old 3 Sep 2001, 13:09 (Ref:140590)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Moreno is always nice !

I remember he crying with his 2nd place in Japan, after his close friend Piquet.

Back in 1990 !!!

God ! He's been around for ages !!!

How old is he ??

Bob is 42! AND HE IS KING!!!

KING ROBERTO!!!

Fantastic drive from my favourite driver (if you couldn't already tell ).

Now all I have to say is:

PPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE don't dump him Pat. I beg you.

*gets down on hands and knees*

Good one Roberto. See if you can do it in Europe now.

BTW Brack should have got a penalty for his IRL style driving today. It was pathetic from a series contender.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 19:55 (Ref:140752)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
KEEP MORENO and GUGELMIN PLEASE!!!!! Did Mo suffer any damage at the end because i'm sure i saw contact with someone in the mad dash after the restart?

And Eurosport please show us the podiums.

Whats the coverage like in Brasil?
Old 3 Sep 2001, 21:54 (Ref:140845)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
why am i always in the wrong place to watc champcars?

grr!

well done, bob. makes for a nice winner
Old 3 Sep 2001, 22:28 (Ref:140854)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Where were you Bella, when they the green flag was waving in Vancouver ???
Old 4 Sep 2001, 01:01 (Ref:140936)   #11
Liz
Veteran

If Pat Patrick keeps Vasser and dumps Moreno he will be showing very poor judgment. Moreno is wonderful.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 01:12 (Ref:140938)   #12
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic drive from Moreno. He was quick and aggressive all day, and thoroughly deserved the win.

Can't help but feel incredibly sorry for Tagliani. After all the disappointments of last year, and then be dominating the race, only for the engine to go. I thought he handled himself well though.

Amazing drives from Kanaan, Servia and Jourdain Jr.

Takagi showed how quick he can be, but again tarnished it with a very silly mistake.

Dixon was looking pretty good too, before Takagi finished his day.

I was very disappointed for Zanardi. He had a good car, and had just taken 15th place (in the Takagi, Servia, Dixon incident) after starting 23rd. He was ahead of Servia, Takagai and Jourdain, who finished 5th, 6th and 7th. Shame to have a gearbox problem as he could have finished with a good result. It seems as though he's having the same ordinary reliability he had at Williams. It can only get better. Please don't go Alex!!!!!!

And Kenny should be in a bit of trouble for his shennanigans (particularly the Carpentier incident). Come on Kneifel, no double standards.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 05:44 (Ref:140989)   #13
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
"...the announcers were absolute idiots..."
Hey Liz, I really like Chris McClure.
Granted, the other two could go.
Jim Tatti is my dad's cousin, and I sat with him at a family reunion three years ago on the weekend of the Toronto Indy. To be honest, I was trying to score some free tickets. (No luck). Anyway, Tatti is sitting there telling me how he has never been to the Molson Indy, saying that "he has people to do that for him", and even went on to say that he thought motorsport was rather dumb. And now here he is commentating on the Vancouver race, acting like he knows what he's talking about and loving his job.
I know better.
He's an absolute ass.
My dad doesn't like him either.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 11:52 (Ref:141102)   #14
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aside from Zanardi there is no driver I'd rather see on the top step of the podium than Roberto. He's a man full of life and a wonderful passion for his sport and those around him.

Bravo, Roberto. Maio este seja o primeiro de muitas mais vitórias.

As for Vasser's future, the ABC crew indicated it's all but a done deal that he'll get Brack's seat with Rahal.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 11:59 (Ref:141107)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Please, Rahal, get Vasser and dump Brack !! Please !
Old 4 Sep 2001, 15:02 (Ref:141178)   #16
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
wooo hooo.

well done Pupu ..what an effort ..i have been a fan of his since he came to oz back in 82 or 84 and won 2 australian grand prix against guys like Alain proist , alan jones keke rosberg and andrea decesaris to name a few..he was awesome back then and really should have been in f1 well before his 87 debut...was sad when he left F1 but was glad to see him in indycars and now i have seen him win 2 races and thouroughly deserve them.

pat patrick should in no way dump him as the guy is a legend ..sure he is getting on a bit these days but he has proven time and time again that he can be competitive against all these youngsters.

well done roberto and keep the streak of good runs going
Old 5 Sep 2001, 06:54 (Ref:141573)   #17
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Again, if the ABC commentators were correct Brack will drive for Ganassi next year and Vasser will get his seat with Rahal.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 11:24 (Ref:141686)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Very good move !!!!

Nice done Rahal
Old 5 Sep 2001, 14:48 (Ref:141833)   #19
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WE ALL LOVE U PUPO!!!

Win one for us in Australia mate!!!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 16:29 (Ref:141917)   #20
Liz
Veteran

If you get a chance to read the transcript of the CART teleconference with Roberto yesterday, he is asked about his "memories of driving with" TGF. He says quite bluntly that he doesn't have any, as TGF strong-armed him out of his seat at Benetton - that the press was 100% on the side of Moreno but TGF was one of those who always get what they want, and basically had him kicked off the team and took his drive. There is very clearly no love lost there. I was quite surprised at the clear anger still there in his voice, as usually Moreno is gentle and forgiving.

Is there anyone except Eddie Irvine the Suck-Up that has fond memories of driving with TGF????
Old 5 Sep 2001, 17:03 (Ref:141934)   #21
GanjaGrizz
Racer

GanjaGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
If you get a chance to read the transcript of the CART teleconference with Roberto yesterday, he is asked about his "memories of driving with" TGF. He says quite bluntly that he doesn't have any, as TGF strong-armed him out of his seat at Benetton - that the press was 100% on the side of Moreno but TGF was one of those who always get what they want, and basically had him kicked off the team and took his drive. There is very clearly no love lost there. I was quite surprised at the clear anger still there in his voice, as usually Moreno is gentle and forgiving.

Is there anyone except Eddie Irvine the Suck-Up that has fond memories of driving with TGF????
I havent heard any good thoughts about Schumi other then the kiss ass Crazy Eddie.
I also watched on Global but changed station and watched it in French on RDS. The Pit reporter for Global asking stupid Questions, running after Papis when Papis was trying to explane to his crew!
I switched back to Global with 30 minutes left because Global unlike RDS did not have any commericals in the last half hour.
Was this Globals first CART Series race? I havent noticed before.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 22:29 (Ref:142137)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

That was one of the reasons Piquet felt his time on F1 was over. He always said that F1 enviroment was sick and you can never trust anybody. Altough he was one of the first to say that TGF was the next big thing in F1, he felt so much for his close friend being dumped like an empty bottle...

For more info on that :

http://www.coolracing.com.br/nelsonpiquet

Last edited by Bononi; 5 Sep 2001 at 22:31.
Old 6 Sep 2001, 09:12 (Ref:142335)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Where were you Bella, when they the green flag was waving in Vancouver ???
manchester. minus british eurosport and hence champcars...

rockingham is looking more and more interesting as the days go on...
Old 6 Sep 2001, 11:38 (Ref:142397)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL