Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 29 Jan 2007, 15:16 (Ref:1828655)   #1
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's happened to ff1600news website

the site is just a blank page now ?

I was taking my first real look today to see if there was an pre-season news.

But I got a blank page ?

ff1600news.co.uk is also dead

Any one know anything ?
Old 29 Jan 2007, 15:26 (Ref:1828666)   #2
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Asp will be along shortly
Old 29 Jan 2007, 15:30 (Ref:1828669)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Can't help I'm afraid, I've not been on the editorial team for a few weeks now.
However, I'm aware this happened before for a completely random reason, but worked ok after things were rebooted, so it could well be the same thing... I suppose that's the reason things are tested well in advance of the season!
Old 29 Jan 2007, 15:51 (Ref:1828691)   #4
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you given up already ASP!!!!
Old 29 Jan 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1828703)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym
the site is just a blank page now ?

I was taking my first real look today to see if there was an pre-season news.

But I got a blank page ?

ff1600news.co.uk is also dead

Any one know anything ?
Strange, it took a web server "restart" but it's fine now. I might have to schedule a restart hourly or something. Also, we don't own ff1600news.co.uk
Old 29 Jan 2007, 16:11 (Ref:1828714)   #6
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
you given up already ASP!!!!
Not given up, I'll still be in the paddock with notepad and dictaphone when required!
However, I've not got the time to do more than that when I'm in my final year of a degree - after all, it's that that's required to get a job at the end of it!
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"
And, contrary to popular belief, I'm not stupid
Old 8 Feb 2007, 17:31 (Ref:1836522)   #7
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has the site died? No updates for ages. One of FF1600's main good points was that there was news on almost every day. I hear loads of news through email and on the phone but nothing ever gets put on the site?
Old 8 Feb 2007, 18:03 (Ref:1836549)   #8
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, where's all the super-enthusiastic posters who wanted to carry it on??
Old 8 Feb 2007, 21:27 (Ref:1836736)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of good stories in MN yesterday (no Autosport yet this week), although in actual fact some of it was 'old' news.

Now there is another FF1600 championship to be covered...
Old 8 Feb 2007, 22:49 (Ref:1836796)   #10
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
Yes, where's all the super-enthusiastic posters who wanted to carry it on??
Sadly John, that's the question I've been asking for a long time...
Old 9 Feb 2007, 11:05 (Ref:1837205)   #11
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
A couple of good stories in MN yesterday (no Autosport yet this week), although in actual fact some of it was 'old' news.

Now there is another FF1600 championship to be covered...
Autosport has a photo and piece about the Scottish FF1600 championship

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 9 Feb 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1837258)   #12
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
Steve Lowdon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must say it does seen to have all gone VERY peaceful & after such a wave of enthusiasm.
Whats happening with it then.........& why are'nt there MORE drivers getting involved,get your details on there,lets get more involved,we'll all be moaning when there is NO site.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1837278)   #13
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Before you can login you have to register, but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to register!
Old 9 Feb 2007, 12:27 (Ref:1837280)   #14
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
Before you can login you have to register, but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to register!
Actually that's rather confusing, the "login" is for the editing interface so that the snappers and reporters could add the news reports and pictures, there wasn't any registration requirement to view the actual site.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1837308)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hi folks,

Unfortunately, this site won't be going live.

While a lot of hard work has gone into it (thanks Mark, Mike and Grant), changes in people's offline lives mean that they simply don't have the time to put into it that we'd hoped would be the case when the site was first mooted.

Ian's site created a very high benchmark. While we intended to take a slightly different approach, we were always interested in keeping the quality level as close to the standards that Ian had made as was possible.

With the lack of time to commit to the site, that's simply not possible and on that basis, we have reluctantly made the decision not to launch the site.

We feel it's better not to start than to produce a low quality site which will not meet the standards that users have come to expect and will be a source of stress to those running it that they simply don't need.

We gave it a shot - and while we're all disappointed by the results, better to try and know that you are unable to do something than to do nothing at all!

Have a good season all. Maybe someone else will be able to put something together for you. In the meantime, you can still at least chat about it all here even if you're not getting the news!
Old 9 Feb 2007, 13:55 (Ref:1837351)   #16
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is disappointing, but not altogether surprising news. Better to make the decision now than when the season has already started, I think. At least you tried!
Old 9 Feb 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1837359)   #17
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
Thats a shame to hear it's NOT going to happen,pity,had the potential to be a good little site.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 15:57 (Ref:1837440)   #18
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dissapointing, but I fully understand your reasons for not continuing.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 16:56 (Ref:1837480)   #19
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am the eternal optimist and still have the old site as my home page. I just hope that one day instead of seeing "Farewell from the Editors" it will magically burst back into life.
Anyone out there good at doing petitions?
We might not get the 750,000 on the No.10 website, but we most definitely must continue to plague Mr Sowman and Mr Beer and hopefully batter them into submission.
We don't even need all the on the day stuff we got so used to. All we want is a Preview and a decentish Race Report on the Tuesday. Times etc can be obtained from MST, or Smart. Even a site operating at this standard would be a zillion times better than waiting for Autosprout or Muttering Screws to announce "Fred Bloggs triumphed in the FF1600 race" within their in depth coverage of club motor sport.
Come on Ian and Matt, you know deep down that you want to resurrect the world's nunber one club racing website
Old 9 Feb 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1837488)   #20
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A real shame that ff1600news won't be happening, but maybe it is the better of the bad choises. Thanks anyhow to all people involved.

And I share the voice and view of Diz concerning the "old site".
Where can I sign the petition?
Old 9 Feb 2007, 17:06 (Ref:1837489)   #21
Ian Sowman
Veteran

You certainly won't batter Beer into submission. Or me, for that matter. I might be tempted to breathe life back into the site for the end of season stuff, but I will see how I feel in a few months.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 18:05 (Ref:1837517)   #22
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
Come on Ian,you know deep down you really want to keep your baby running,you love it to much....the site & the FF racing !!
Old 9 Feb 2007, 19:48 (Ref:1837589)   #23
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I'm afraid I have already committed to other things this year...
Old 10 Feb 2007, 13:39 (Ref:1838067)   #24
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
I know.....but you know how you like to keep busy !!
Old 11 Feb 2007, 19:45 (Ref:1838843)   #25
Alan Hamilton
Racer

Northern Ireland
Stockbridge, Hampshire
Alan Hamilton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly disappointed.. I did send my details to get registered some time ago to show my support...

I believe we are all to lose out in the FF1600 faternity with no coverage of all the races throughout the country.

Ian, maybe more people will now realise how much work you and your team put into maintaining such a site. Again, well done for your efforts.