Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 27 Nov 2011, 15:16 (Ref:2991955)   #1
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
adam1312 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
websites that give tips on driving single seaters

what are some websites that give tips on driving single seaters cars and other racing tips
Old 27 Nov 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2991994)   #2
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't know of any websites that give "tips". Although I think at this website you've already been given a bunch of "tips".

You can read these books though:

Going Faster! Mastering the Art of Race Driving by Skip Barber and gang

Ultimate Speed Secrets by Ross Bentley
Old 27 Nov 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2991996)   #3
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
youtube
Old 27 Nov 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2992066)   #4
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1312 View Post
what are some websites that give tips on driving single seaters cars and other racing tips
Tips and advice on driving techniques are going to be absolutely pointless if you dont get out on track first!

There is no point in reading about what oversteer, under steer, having a pointy car, what different lines to take in the wet and dry if you haven't got anything to reference them against.

If you don't get out on track, there is no point in reading books on it, because it will mean nothing to you!

The best tip I can give is get out on track and feel what the kart is doing through your bum! When you have been racing for a bit you will learn to feel exactly what the kart is doing, whether its understeerring, over steering, is too pointy or not pointy enough, if it's releasing properly from the corner or whether the kart is too stiff or has too much roll on it.

Then and only then will you be able to make minute changes to the setup to the kart to go quicker.

Rad all you like in books and play as much on the Xbox as you want, but there is no substitute for bum in seat time!
Old 27 Nov 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2992099)   #5
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Tips and advice on driving techniques are going to be absolutely pointless if you dont get out on track first!

There is no point in reading about what oversteer, under steer, having a pointy car, what different lines to take in the wet and dry if you haven't got anything to reference them against.

If you don't get out on track, there is no point in reading books on it, because it will mean nothing to you!

The best tip I can give is get out on track and feel what the kart is doing through your bum! When you have been racing for a bit you will learn to feel exactly what the kart is doing, whether its understeerring, over steering, is too pointy or not pointy enough, if it's releasing properly from the corner or whether the kart is too stiff or has too much roll on it.

Then and only then will you be able to make minute changes to the setup to the kart to go quicker.

Rad all you like in books and play as much on the Xbox as you want, but there is no substitute for bum in seat time!
Agreed...and if you haven't yet started racing at least SOMETHING...it's probably a bit early to start worrying about helmet designs....

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131028

If (and that's a BIG if at the moment) and when you do start racing, save the money and spend it on something that will make you go faster...car/kart improvements, driver coaching, testing etc....when you've made it a it further up the racing ladder and have the money to blow on all things that make no difference to your speed or racecraft, fill your boots and go get your Lewis Hamilton-a-like crash helmet

Adam, it's really about time you took your head out of the clouds and started to heed some of the very good advice that's been given previously in numerous threads going back a few months...since then have you actually taken part in ANY races? I think probably not...

There is simply no point whatsoever in continually asking inane questions about better driving techniques, helmet designs, coloured helmet padding, driver fitness, sponsorship etc if you're never going to sit your butt in a kart/car...

Last edited by Hubble; 27 Nov 2011 at 20:09.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2992313)   #6
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Agree. You can read all the books you like, but if you have no experience to use as a reference point, what are you actually learning?
Old 28 Nov 2011, 16:34 (Ref:2992510)   #7
RPD Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
RPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You wont find any that are not total rubbish. How you drive a formula ford, to how you drive a Formula Renault BARC to Formula Renauly UK and F3 are all very unique and different. We spend hundreds and hundreds of hours on a 1 to 1 basis with our drivers doing detailed coaching for each type of car.

At the end of the day, you may say, do or ask what you want, but whats the point. You have been asking for 6 months on here now, and getting some very consice and accurate help - are you ever goint to really do it?!
Old 28 Nov 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2992558)   #8
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD Motorsport View Post
You have been asking for 6 months on here now, and getting some very consice and accurate help - are you ever goint to really do it?!
I suspect not...