Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Oct 2006, 23:19 (Ref:1734604)   #1
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel 7 'Get Out Of Jail'

I don't know to what extent this has been covered previously, but on the news last night there was a piece about how the Nationals had gone soft on their opposition to the new broadcasting and media ownership laws.

Once parliment had secured the vote, only last night apparently, it was rushed into, and passed, by the Senate.

They announced that as of next year all free-to-air stations will be able to broadcast in multi-channel format.

The end to all the formatting and timeslot nonsense???
Old 10 Oct 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1734622)   #2
SRabbit
Veteran

Sorry - should have added a link :

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/...246131249.html

The winners are, of course, the free-to-air television networks. They have been cushioned by the Government from the competitive challenges of the digital revolution. They are able to multi-channel and use some precious spectrum but will not be forced to face a real rival.

Even though this particular article says could and maybe, Ten reported on the late news last night it was a done deal.

Last edited by SRabbit; 10 Oct 2006 at 23:43.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 02:43 (Ref:1734710)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so what each FTA station will have to channels instead of the now one.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 02:59 (Ref:1734715)   #4
SRabbit
Veteran

Yep - so the tele guide could look like this ( apart from being twice as thick! )

Sunday
Ch7-1 2pm-4pm AFL
Ch7-2 2pm-5pm V8Supercars

whether or not the situation arises where they compete against themselves will still remain to be seen - I'm sure they'd still like to avoid it as much as possible, however the option is there now to avoid any stupidity like midnight games or friday night races or whatever they've been on about....
Old 11 Oct 2006, 03:31 (Ref:1734729)   #5
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All i can say is bring on multi-channelling. Seven has led the way with multi-channeling and despite their **** poor "HD" offering, I have always liked their willingness to try. I think they have maintained there mutli-channeling format through events whereas other channels (ie 10) have tried it then done nothing with it. I would love to see multi-channel Football - you could have an AFL game on the main channel, then scores from the other games as well as highlights from those other games on at the same time.

Mutlichannel V8s - at least 2 channels - uninterrupted live timing - not just of racers, but live of the whole weekend (Thurs/Fri-Sun) & then the channel we now see. Maybe even the extras channel - in car, helmet cam, pit cam etc.

I already have a patent on these so Channel 7 if you are watching you can contact my lawyers on ihatecurrentv8coverage@birtek.com.au
Old 11 Oct 2006, 05:03 (Ref:1734749)   #6
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRabbit
Sunday
Ch7-1 2pm-4pm AFL
Ch7-2 2pm-5pm V8Supercars
So all of a sudden V8's are only available to the very small % of the population that has digital telly. Wouldn't bother me as I've got digital tuners coming out of my proverbial...but I'm sure it would worry VESA.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 05:49 (Ref:1734756)   #7
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by birtek
I would love to see multi-channel Football - you could have an AFL game on the main channel, then scores from the other games as well as highlights from those other games on at the same time.
We have that precise situation already! Its not unusual for me to turn on the TV on a weekend and flick through the channels to see *every single one* has football on.

You have enough football.

By the way, I'm not sure where you got the figure 2 from multi-channelling. Each station has 5 channels allocated to them I believe (including one HD).
Old 11 Oct 2006, 05:54 (Ref:1734758)   #8
SRabbit
Veteran

That'd be my fault - just used 2 for the example....