Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Sep 2001, 14:23 (Ref:143096)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Rain , Rain and more Rain

well im sitting here just one hours drive from Winton and we have just had a rather big electrical storm..had to wait to turn on comp...damm mother nature messing with my net time like that

anyway the forcast for the weekend is rain and plenty of it from what I can tell...(probably wont rain at all now )
so Winton should be pretty interesting to say the least.

i am planning to head down for qualifying but stay in the comfort of my lounge room for sunday...but if its raining cats and dogs like it has been tonite then forget it ..Im not going anwhere.

just come back from a motorsport exhibition over in Wodonga...which was pretty good..Cat racing and Ozemail had their cars there as well as a host of other racing machines as well.

Paul Radisich, Steve Johnson, Craig Lowndes , Paul Weel , Mark Larkham , John Bowe , Brad Jones , Glenn seton , Steve richards and Steve ellery all showed up as well..and had a chat to the crowd and then signed autographs..i managed to get some pictures of me with Lowndes and Neil Crompton who was there to lend support for craig i think..i will post the pics when i get them developed so you can all have a laugh at my mug and my so called girly hippy locks

thanks to the unamed person for pointing that out !!!!

good night really and John Bowe was getting paid out something severe for being the last driver to stay to sign posters and if lowndes crashes on the weekend and blames that he has poor vision because someone got him in the face with flash photography on friday night...dont believe him ..honest i didnt see anyone with a camera

anyway have a nice weekend and i will let yas know what happens if i do go for qualifying and hopefully i might even meet up with diabando after all this time

CHEERS
Marcus
Old 7 Sep 2001, 14:39 (Ref:143102)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
marcus, it has been as windy as hell in melbourne since 6.99pm .... if sunday aint sunny blue skies , then i hope it rains and we have a wet v8 round which could possibly see an upset on the cards , a todd kelly win for instance would be unreal

thanks to miss shazza shell chick (see the respect shown, i called shazza "chick" - and "miss") for giving me the pre-winton happy thoughts
Old 7 Sep 2001, 14:40 (Ref:143103)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
soory digger, what the heck is 6.99pm .... - friday night after footy...

whats soory
Old 8 Sep 2001, 01:10 (Ref:143522)   #4
V8insider
Rookie

V8insider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of RAIN. It has been absolutly ****ING down at bathurst the last couple of days. I just hope that mother nature can get it all out of it's system in time for the 1000. I cant be bothered having to try and stop those bloody rivers in our garage again.
Old 8 Sep 2001, 06:56 (Ref:143556)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Going by qualifying, it would have had to have been raining...right?

V8- Hehe...it'll be long gone, and the mountain will be nice and green come race day
Old 8 Sep 2001, 08:15 (Ref:143569)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yep you got it Crash test ...not only rain but hail as well..and yes this silly fool ventured out into it
Old 8 Sep 2001, 11:32 (Ref:143632)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But was it Queensland styled rain? You know the type, even though you are standing under the best cover available, and have someone else is standing between you and the direction of the rain, yet it still gets through a race suit, pants and underwear?
Old 8 Sep 2001, 13:05 (Ref:143669)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
it was just annoying Crash.
strange day really...plenty of wind to keep the clouds moving but unfortunately it just bought more clouds and more rain ..when the sun did come out it dried the track quickly..and then the hail hit ..it was just a bad day and yes i got soaked through.

at least tommorrow i can sit on my couch and enjoy it