Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jul 2004, 09:43 (Ref:1022229)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pure Speculation But...........................

If Webber goes to Team Willy after the French GP who would Jag put in his seat?

Wilson?

Good game this innit?
Old 1 Jul 2004, 09:45 (Ref:1022235)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wirdheim most likely.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 09:51 (Ref:1022242)   #3
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wirdheim couild be, but there would arise the problem to replace Wirdheim.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 09:58 (Ref:1022250)   #4
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ant Davidson is highly regarded at Jaguar, so he has to be a possibility.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:14 (Ref:1022267)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Zsolt Baumgartner?
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:15 (Ref:1022269)   #6
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Um not if he goes to Williams the deals done.
His seat will go to a current driver at another team (No3 driver)for a fee payable to Jag.Yes another pay driver but this one can drive and hes proved it.For a hint look at Friday practice times and who constantly beats the main drivers of his team.

The Grumpy1
P.S. That unnamed source again.

Last edited by grumpy1; 1 Jul 2004 at 10:16.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:16 (Ref:1022270)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timo Glock?
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:17 (Ref:1022272)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Doh, Be serious!

Don't think BAR would let Ant go until the end of the season.

It would (IMO) need to be someone who isn't a F1 contracted driver at the moment. *FACT* (sorry I forgot to put that in the thread title).
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:17 (Ref:1022273)   #9
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ST you spoil all my fun.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 1 Jul 2004 at 10:18.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1022277)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

It was just that grumpy1 referred to "Another pay driver" which Anthony is not.

That's his problem - if he had a budget he'd be in a seat already.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1022284)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isnt Martin Brundle doing some testing for Jaguar? Perhaps he is scheduled to make a comeback.... to keep the Poms onside
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1022290)   #12
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I pray that Davidson doesnt go to Jag...wouldnt want to see his F1 career destroyed
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:42 (Ref:1022293)   #13
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nigel Mansell?
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:43 (Ref:1022294)   #14
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could Willy's turn over Pizzonia's contract to Jag as compensation?

...er...I'll find my own way out....
Old 1 Jul 2004, 11:01 (Ref:1022325)   #15
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't money would be a problem at Jaguar, I've read that Ralf's salary wil now be covered by an insurance claim, freeing up the rumoured $1M a race or so that he was being paid (and is already budgeted for at Williams).

This gives plenty in the kitty to hire another driver and 'compensate' the team involved, so in theory Jaguar could collect a contract break fee from Williams for Webber, and save on his wages - leaving them to offer a 'free' drive to another candidate and still be in front financially.

To maintain whatever shred of crediblity Jaguar may have left, they cannot (IMO) hold their hand out for another pay driver, if they want to be taken at all seriously they need to run a driver of the calibre of AD.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 11:07 (Ref:1022335)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I agree with Paul and think it would be a mistake for Ant to go to Jaguar. I would rather see him go to Williams alongside Webber.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 11:34 (Ref:1022363)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Glock would be a good choice for Jaguar, but ideally as tester with Wirdheim moving up to a much-deserved race seat. It seems ridiculous that a F3000 champion can fail to get a race drive, when this year's racing rookies have either mediocre CVs or haven't raced at a high level yet.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 11:36 (Ref:1022367)   #18
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Definately agree with that, diving into Jaguar mid season is risky and Ant's reputation is currently sky high and not worth putting under any potential threat.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 12:16 (Ref:1022421)   #19
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 21:09 (Ref:1022979)   #20
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Wilson back again, but his last time with Jaguar wasn't very pleasant.

Here's a long shot, Townsend Bell. He did test with Jaguar already, and did pretty good. He just got a ride in the IRL, and if he does well there, maybe...

Danica Patrick
Old 1 Jul 2004, 21:38 (Ref:1023016)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Townsend Bell is not F1 material, in my opinion.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 21:50 (Ref:1023031)   #22
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, not knowing a great deal about Formula One, i would like to see Wilson have another shot. People wrote Sato off after his time at Jordan, but he's really started to impress. So, it'd be nice for Wilson to gett eh chance again.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 22:05 (Ref:1023047)   #23
Kicking-back
Veteran

Wilson deserves another chance, but it would be a mistake to go back to Jaguar.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 22:09 (Ref:1023050)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Surely Jag would have to compensate the CART team that Justin currently drives for, and i don't see Jag doing that!
Old 1 Jul 2004, 22:35 (Ref:1023071)   #25
Poddy
Rookie

Poddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Wilson deserves another chance, but it would be a mistake to go back to Jaguar.
Definately. I don't think he'd go back anyway... going on what he's said in interviews, he's not had many kind words to say about Jag since leaving them and seems to be happy in Champcars, can't see him wanting to throw that away in that green and white sh*tbox.

besides, if Webber does leave for Williams before the end of the season, it'll probably be another Redbull backed journeyman who gets the seat.