Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 8 Jun 2015, 06:53 (Ref:3546028)   #1
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Apple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
American Speedfest

Great weekends entertainment, and family day out.
Also a lot of people go to it,
here comes the but, for me it could just do with a bit more racing.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 08:55 (Ref:3546054)   #2
Brother Grim
Rookie

Brother Grim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Armco at post 4 disagrees !!

judging by the size of the crowds growing each year I think the balance is about right, enough down time for us to catch a breath
Old 8 Jun 2015, 09:12 (Ref:3546059)   #3
Mike Clark
Rookie

United Kingdom
Mike Clark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, the Armco has a headache! but it does like to party: The VW from BTTC, the Bentley from Blancpain and now a Euro NASCAR - it's going to get a reputation

I must confess that I loved the NACAR and agree that perhaps they could go for longer endurance races (1-2hrs?) but I'd imagine that we'd have (going on this weekend) a lot of Safety Cars!

A pity that they couldn't have announced if American Speedfest 4 was on for next year. I had '3 in the calendar about 5 secs after it was accounted at '2 last year!
Old 8 Jun 2015, 16:13 (Ref:3546177)   #4
Tal Aras
Racer

United Kingdom
Slough
Tal Aras should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It felt like a nicely balanced weekend. Saturday for the racing (thanks HRDC) and Sunday for the show.

The crowd definitely looked good on Sunday, particularly with lots of kids getting their first experience of racing. My wife was talking to a couple of the crowd marshals and they reckoned the crowd was on a par with the BSB meetings.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3546192)   #5
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Apple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I know one thing, if they got the Legends on the bill, that would go down well with the public.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3546266)   #6
lukej
Rookie

lukej should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Aras View Post
It felt like a nicely balanced weekend. Saturday for the racing (thanks HRDC) and Sunday for the show.

The crowd definitely looked good on Sunday, particularly with lots of kids getting their first experience of racing. My wife was talking to a couple of the crowd marshals and they reckoned the crowd was on a par with the BSB meetings.

I was at both the BSB earlier this year and ASF3, the crowd wasn't far off on Sunday what it was a few weeks ago.

I think some of yesterday's racing was okay but none of it was exceptional, for me that needs to change. F5000 was only ever going to be a one horse race, Legends would be good to add to the racing and perhaps the pick ups need to come back.

For me, the biggest shame is that the Euro NASCARs were noise restricted, the Infinity car sounded special on its parade laps!

Looking forward to getting out as a marshal soon!

Luke
Old 9 Jun 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3546606)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
17 races in two days is reasonable. Generally good races too - even the Atoms weren't totally boring!

From my point of view a pretty good mix, although the Allcomers race was something of a disappointment.

On the whole, well worth the 500-mile round trip, but then I do have a serious V8 addiction!
Old 10 Jun 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3547154)   #8
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just want to add my thanks to all the guys n gals in Orange. With the Euro NASCARS keeping the Safety Car busy I had a feeling our (Bernies V8's) second race was going to be shortened, however, sterling work clearing the damage saw us get our full time on track.

CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 10 Jun 2015, 22:38 (Ref:3547222)   #9
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Just want to add my thanks to all the guys n gals in Orange. With the Euro NASCARS keeping the Safety Car busy I had a feeling our (Bernies V8's) second race was going to be shortened, however, sterling work clearing the damage saw us get our full time on track.

On behalf of all the MSVR team in Race Control I would like to echo this comment - the efforts of all the Marshals, Medical, Rescue and Recovery teams were absolutely brilliant on both days - indeed on Saturday due to incidents in the Euro Nascar race we could easily have lost the F5000 qualifying but once again everyone pulled out all the stops with the clearances and we managed to get back on track to complete the day successfully.

I would also like to sincerely thank all the Brands Hatch staff and especially the track maintenance teams who managed the seemingly impossible with the two big Nascar incidents with repairing the barriers so quickly to enable us to continue with the planned schedule - Well done guys.

Finally can I just say a big thank you to those competitors in my sessions - Allcomers, F5000's and Bernie's V8's for all your positive co-operation throughout the weekend and for such an excellent display of driving standards and observation of track limits - Great to work with you all! The sight of the Bernie's qualifying with approx 36 cars and a full grid of 34 cars for the first race was absolutely amazing - with no incidents, contact or track limit issues - proved that it can be done! Credit to you all.
Terry