Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 19 Oct 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2564777)   #1
SHKPC
Rookie

SHKPC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IRL RallyX StockHatch Car Weights

Just looking at the results from yesterday on the motorsport ireland website, i assume they are the official results.
Anyone know why the stockhatch cars that were under weight yesterday were not disqualified from the event?
Old 19 Oct 2009, 20:33 (Ref:2564981)   #2
The Stig Rallycross Team
Rookie

Ireland
Co.Laois, Eire.
The Stig Rallycross Team should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHKPC View Post
Just looking at the results from yesterday on the motorsport ireland website, i assume they are the official results.
Anyone know why the stockhatch cars that were under weight yesterday were not disqualified from the event?
I heard they were a good few under but let drive on anyway and to sort it out for next time!? We were weighed in Pembrey rd1 and were over required weight so we were confident enough being brought in yesterday and Scrutineers waved us on, it has to addressed by revelant parties in charge on the day.

Last edited by The Stig Rallycross Team; 19 Oct 2009 at 21:02.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2565001)   #3
Non stop
Rookie

Non stop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Name and shame, who were they?. If there named they will have the correct weight for next day I'm sure.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2565028)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Non stop View Post
Name and shame, who were they?. If there named they will have the correct weight for next day I'm sure.
I blame the mild weather and the recession, too many StockHatch drivers having a bit of salad instead of munching down on pies and coddle! Give it a few cold weekends and they'll all be back up to weight!
Old 19 Oct 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2565055)   #5
good luck joe
Rookie

Ireland
good luck joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

At the end of the day this has to sorted once and for all and the only way in my opinion is to disqualify all under weight cars with in reason ( not someone who is 2 or 3 kgs under ) . Then they will all be 100% the next day as they'll know there's no 2nd chance .

Might be harse in some peoples eyes but i think it will end this on-going problem .
Old 19 Oct 2009, 22:21 (Ref:2565061)   #6
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Derek thats true not doing points untill after round 3.
And rallycross is a hobby. I hold down a full time job as well so points are done in my free time so if i take a bit long sorry but dont start on it before you even know the facts
Also have a supercar to get ready as well.
I dont want to hear about weights hearsay i know paperwork was done on several cars. just be sure they are right for the next day. He said she said are no good to anyone.
P.S. MadMark Good to see you out and Mike Manning as well.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2565353)   #7
SHKPC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non stop View Post
Its not my place to name and shame and im sure the cars involved will meet the weights at the next event.
The weight limits are a technical regulation and should be treated as such. If a driver had their engine sealed and was found not to conform with the regs they would be disqualified and named and shamed in the motorsport ireland news letter. I cant understand why this issue is not taken as seriously as the other technical regs.
Its almost 1 year since the issue of weights was supposed to be dealt with yet we appear to be back at square one whereby a car can breach the technical regs without punishment and the driver be told "sure go on........but make sure you have them right the next day!!!".

Maybe this forum is not the place to be looking for answers but any information or direction would be appreciated.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2565369)   #8
SHKPC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkiwan View Post
I dont want to hear about weights hearsay i know paperwork was done on several cars. just be sure they are right for the next day. He said she said are no good to anyone.
Do you know if paperwork was done on all the cars involved? You should know by now as championship registrar. I presume you have been issued with formal results from the event.

This is not hearsay Tom. My car was one of the cars i'm talking about and the other driver told me personally. I fully expected to be disqualified from the event and would have no problem with that. (In my defence is was 1kg under weight!).
Old 20 Oct 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2565390)   #9
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
I am not going to publicly name people they have been dealt with by the COC on the day and don't need to be named. Gossip should stop now about it and just get cars ready for the next day and if you aren't sure about the weight go get it weighed before the heats start the lads will be more than happy to help if they aren't too busy.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2565447)   #10
SHKPC
Rookie

I wouldnt expect you to name anyone on a public forum but the C.O.C did not speak to all the drivers that were under weight on sunday. Fact.
The question needs to be asked why did he not speak to all those drivers.
This is where the whole issue is arrising from.
You have tried to dismiss this topic as hearsay and now gossip. You are wrong both times. If you dont want to discuss it, dont post. This is not a personal pop at you but im disappointed that you seem keen to brush it under the carpet and move it on to the next event. Most likely we will be having the same conversation in 2 weeks time.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2565452)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I've split this off from the main RallyX thread so that those of us who actually want to discuss the event can do so.

My only comment on this subject is - if you want to know the answer to a question, why not go to the organising club instead of sounding off on a motorsport website that has no official relationship to Irish Rallycross.

Just a suggestion.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2565458)   #12
SHKPC
Rookie

Fair enough........point taken.
Think the drivers liason has that angle covered already.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2565465)   #13
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
The COC spoke to anybody who was reported to him by the Scruitineers with the approperate paperwork.
With out this it he can do nothing so its not the club or COC its the class Scruitineer who needs to be asked if he let some go and others not if he did and what stage in the day.
Once again things are brought up days after the event when it is imposable to do anything 30 mins after last race if you need to do something.
Its too late now for that event. So if you have something to say as an competior the time to do it is at the event before the results are final and signed off by the COC and Stewards are gone home.
So to sum it up the Last event is over and please if you have a problem at another event bring it to the COC or Driver Liason notice you have the right to appeal someones car or driving at the event. Because it is imposable to do anything now we are all ruled by the Yearbook even the COC in the actions he can take.
Without paperwork it is gossip because there is no proof of it that would stand up.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2565658)   #14
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please Please Please!!!! You guys get this sorted asap as you have a great entry base over there in S/H which should be cherished ! You dont want whats happen over here !!!!
Rules are Rules and need policeing often and no exception to the rule !!
We had a period when nothing was done or overseen for other reasons which I feel has been the down fall of the great starter class and backbone of British Rallycross with many drivers going elsewhere feeling they had no chance of winning ! which is a very sad state of affairs whatever sport/class your in
Old 20 Oct 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2565700)   #15
good luck joe
Rookie

Ireland
Would a simple answer not just be to weigh all stock hatch cars @ scrutiny and do spot checks throughout the day.

And as for "weights hearsay" . Its not hearsay its a fact .
Old 20 Oct 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2565733)   #16
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
good luck joe
Produce the print outs for the weights and prove it officaly.
Why bring it up now and not through offical channels.
It is this crap that puts people off the sport officals as well I am sure you are well aware they give there time for free to run the event for you but then get slagged off on line by a bunch of people who hide behind screen names but are not man enough to speak up at events. If you knew this at the event why not say something then the driver liason was even a stockhatch driver and spokesman at times. Officals can only do so much its like police in a way if no one reports crime its impossable do anything.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2566139)   #17
SHKPC
Rookie

Quote:
its not the club or COC its the class Scruitineer who needs to be asked if he let some go and others not if he did and what stage in the day.
Thanks Tom, you answered my initial question as to why the cars were not disqualified. At least now i understand where things appear to have gone wrong. Thats all i was looking for.
There was no intention to slag off any of the organisers as there efforts to run an event are greatly appreciated.

We have a good class and a generous sponsor this season, but its disappointing as a competitor to see people getting away with this.
Hopefully things will be different next week and put to bed once and for all.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 14:49 (Ref:2566357)   #18
murf
Rookie

Ireland
talafornia
murf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i spoke to the head scrutieer on sunday,he gave anyone who was under weight the chance to get the car up to spec,at the next event any car that comes in underweight will be excluded from the event straight away no second chances,it is up to the driver to make sure their car conforms to all tech regs if they cant do this they should find another hobby cause we dont want cheats,part of the problems lie with us having to seperate clubs running the events,it is up to them to inforce all rules so there could be a difference of opinion, maybe when competitors are excluded from events and their takens are down they might start to take notice,all cars will be weighed on the 1st,it is very fustrating to prepare your car to the regs only to find out some cant be arsed to do the same but expect to run along side you all day,stockhatch has to be given credit for what it is,the backbone of irish rallycross,i know everybody that helps run the events are volunteers,which we are all greatful,i help myself when im not racing,but it would be alot easier if we are all pulling in the same direction
Old 21 Oct 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2566626)   #19
The Stig Rallycross Team
Rookie

Ireland
Co.Laois, Eire.
The Stig Rallycross Team should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apology from Jack - Stig Rallycross Team

Jack here from the Stig Rallycross Team, just want to make an official apology to Tom Kirwan and everyone on the Irish Rallycross Committee for the previous comments I made on this forum, they were made without prior knowledge and misinformation, I'm am now aware of the points set up for the season ahead which will be announced after the 3rd round, I sincerely apologise for any offence I may have caused, and would recommened any fellow competitor's/teams to go through the right channels with any problems or grievences you may have ie. a member of the club or a member of the Rallycross committee and not through a motorsport forum like I have done in my moment of madness.

Jack
Old 21 Oct 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2566638)   #20
mel tyres
Racer

Wales
gods country Wales
mel tyres should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
+

Well done Jack
Old 21 Oct 2009, 22:34 (Ref:2566697)   #21
good luck joe
Rookie

Ireland
Quote:
good luck joe
Produce the print outs for the weights and prove it officaly.
Why bring it up now and not through offical channels.
It is this crap that puts people off the sport officals as well I am sure you are well aware they give there time for free to run the event for you but then get slagged off on line by a bunch of people who hide behind screen names but are not man enough to speak up at events. If you knew this at the event why not say something then the driver liason was even a stockhatch driver and spokesman at times. Officals can only do so much its like police in a way if no one reports crime its impossable do anything.
Obviously i cant produce print outs but by the looks of things this on going problem will finally be solved.
Also i'd like to thank you and and the other officals for your time as i know more often than not you get no thanks for it. It wasnt my intention to cause offence i just wanted an even playing field for everyone involved.