Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 10 Mar 2003, 19:09 (Ref:531851)   #1
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet no-one can answer this

The music played by the BBC in their three-minute review of the 1990 F1 season. It's always niggled me. I'm sure it's REM. I can remember going into a huge record store and asking the guy behind the counter (phew, missed out the 'o' there but spotted it before I posted) if he knew it or if I could listen to everything they'd got by REM. I did and it wasn't on anything. He was an F1 fan and said he couldn't find it either.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 19:26 (Ref:531869)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You're right, don't have a clue...
Old 10 Mar 2003, 22:44 (Ref:532137)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did you say 1990? That's best part of 13 years ago! I'm sure I would have watched it then, but I have no idea what the music was!
Old 11 Mar 2003, 12:06 (Ref:532553)   #4
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
What did it go like?
Hum it to us.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 12:46 (Ref:532583)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Funky town?
Pop, goes the weasel?
Staying alive?
I feel like chicken tonight?
Old McDonald had a farm?
Old 11 Mar 2003, 12:57 (Ref:532595)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
Funky town?
Pop, goes the weasel?
Staying alive?
I feel like chicken tonight?
Old McDonald had a farm?

REM covered all of those? Sounds like an album to avoid!
Old 11 Mar 2003, 13:21 (Ref:532622)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

Oh, right.
Forgot it's a REM song...
Old 11 Mar 2003, 13:41 (Ref:532651)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Which means that I wouldn't have a clue about it anyway. Can't stand REM. The singer's voice - I hate it almost as much as the guy in the Manics.

Oh, and Eminem, of course.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 13:51 (Ref:532665)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah good someone else who agrees with me. Jeez, my mum loves both bands, but then again i can't praise my own music taste
Old 11 Mar 2003, 13:52 (Ref:532670)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I may be getting on a bit, but I know what I like.......

(in my wardrobe..... ?)
Old 11 Mar 2003, 14:07 (Ref:532684)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

I don't have a particular style of music that i like, can listen to styles from Opera & Big Band through Rock 'n Roll & Metal to Techno & Deep House...

I (almost) like it all
Old 11 Mar 2003, 21:43 (Ref:533208)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ayse, REM are great, The Manics are OK, but Eminem why
Old 11 Mar 2003, 22:36 (Ref:533286)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What I think of Eminem can't be printed here......
Old 12 Mar 2003, 00:06 (Ref:533379)   #14
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Melts in your mouth, not in your hands (the candy, that is)...
Old 12 Mar 2003, 07:53 (Ref:533562)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Brown candy eh?
Old 12 Mar 2003, 12:17 (Ref:533714)   #16
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*Groan*
Old 12 Mar 2003, 22:32 (Ref:534391)   #17
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eminem's no good, but the Manics have sang pretty good songs, and REM too...
Old 19 Mar 2003, 04:38 (Ref:540850)   #18
Fredman
Rookie

Fredman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So short of buying this tape, where can we listen to this song ?
Old 19 Mar 2003, 08:03 (Ref:540921)   #19
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They're bound to keep a record of these things. Why don't you contact the BBC about it, saying that you're doing research into Ayrton Senna, and you want some archive material from 1990.....
Old 19 Mar 2003, 16:55 (Ref:541316)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

Yeah, but you'll probably have to pay for the tapes and S&H.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 16:59 (Ref:541322)   #21
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
OK then, but that's what i'd do. I don't think that the BBC would charge you for it. There might be a waiting list or somin' though