Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Jan 2005, 18:51 (Ref:1191163)   #1
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A snippet of LM news..

This probably would be more revelant in the Armchair enthuisast (sp?) section of the fourm but I think the people here should know first

The full circuit of the 24 heures du Mans, the Circuit de la Sarthe will be in the long awaited Gran Turisimo 4 computer game, as well as the Nurburgring Nordishlife
I found this at www.gtplanet.net

Happy New Year
Old 1 Jan 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1191169)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1
This probably would be more revelant in the Armchair enthuisast (sp?) section of the fourm but I think the people here should know first
See this topic in the new Virtual Racers section:http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62505

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1
The full circuit of the 24 heures du Mans, the Circuit de la Sarthe will be in the long awaited Gran Turisimo 4 computer game, as well as the Nurburgring Nordishlife
I found this at www.gtplanet.net
Yes it's great.
The only circuit I miss is Bathurst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1
Happy New Year
Old 1 Jan 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1191245)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its been available for SCGT, F12002 and F1C (and the various mods) for a long time now.......
Old 1 Jan 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1191254)   #4
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah but although making that track was a huge undertaking, and the result was pretty fine, we can expect Sony to do a waaaaayyyy better version of it. It will no doubt be more accurate with more details and with better looks.

Looking forward to GT4 here alright!
Old 2 Jan 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1191520)   #5
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YESSSS that's great. I knew it! Now I really can't wait till the release date.

A version without the chicanes is an easy job. I knew the Japanese that I saw making pics ofverything at arnage in the week before weren'tjust tourists!

Last edited by mikmx; 2 Jan 2005 at 11:40.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1191940)   #6
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well guys, I've seen a video of a Group-C Nissan at an unchicanned LeMans. Pretty accurate for me (much better than F1C's version imho), though the actual physics from the car were way out of this world, like barking from 370km/h to 80km/h at the end of the Mulsanne in just a bit more of 50meters.....

If we want real physics, it's better to stay with GTR, GPL and the lot...
Old 3 Jan 2005, 03:14 (Ref:1192006)   #7
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gil, where did you see that video, do you have a link?
Old 3 Jan 2005, 04:47 (Ref:1192018)   #8
racer11
Rookie

United States
florida
racer11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i got one
http://www.gtplanet.net/index.php?ca...13_sectionid=4
corrected the url - p-c

Last edited by paul-collins; 3 Jan 2005 at 18:16.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 05:34 (Ref:1192026)   #9
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
for what this is worth, while walking the track in the week before the race last year to do some scouting for myself, I ran into two Japanese fellows taking photos, and when I casually asked what they shooting for, they answered that they taking photos for computer simulation stuff, backed up by how they were shooting, all over the place, in line with what they said. That week was an extremely busy week for me, and this fact slipped my mind until seeing this thread, so whichever game they were working for, there were definately people there shooting stills for this purpose.

would be fun to "drive" Lemans.

cheers
Old 3 Jan 2005, 07:13 (Ref:1192050)   #10
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just saw the video. HOLY COW! I'm impressed. Just when I was getting disillusioned by the length of time it's taking for GT4 to come out, I see this video. I'm liking the chicane-less Hunaudières for sure!

thanks for the link racer11.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1192297)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer11

The link doesn't work for me.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1192317)   #12
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ayse, try the original link now.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 3 Jan 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1192453)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Paul.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1192471)   #14
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

I've seen another video, this one a Sauber C9 lapping the 20.9 Nordschleife (the one from the In-Car 956) in just 5.m34s. Though again preatty accurate (I'd say as accurate as GTR tracks, with bumps, grafitti and the like), the physics appeared to be way out of this world, like taking the double right-hander after Flugplatz and the left-hander after Schwedenkreuz at over 300 km/h (yeah right!!!!).

However, this were made with all aids on , so, we can only that hope that with aids of and "simulation" physics it will be much harder to get those laptimes.

PS: The lap at the ring was done by someone which clearly has a wheel and knows the plays, unlike the LM video were the guy was using just a joypad and din't know the track very well..
Old 3 Jan 2005, 21:47 (Ref:1192475)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
5.34 is a heck of a long way from accurate, I'd say Gil.........
Old 3 Jan 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1192482)   #16
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

No no no Ayse, the circuit is actually accurate (I'd say 95 to 99% accurate), the problem is the actual physics of the cars that are way out of this league....

So, can someone please convert it to GTR or Nascar 2003 ?

Last edited by Gil Abobeleira; 3 Jan 2005 at 21:59.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 06:43 (Ref:1192662)   #17
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GT4 is no simulation, it's a console game. So don't expect too much of the physics.

If you want real physics, you need to play GTR, the new Live for Speed S2 (not out yet), which will have GT2-class like cars or the coming GTP-mod for NR2003.

Of course, all of them lack a really accurate modern Nordschleife, but maybe that can be changed once GT4 is out?
Old 4 Jan 2005, 09:11 (Ref:1192693)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone know what happened over the talk about modifying "tetre Rouge" ? Now I hear that the pub there will be knocked down over some thing called a tramway !!! Thats a disgrace if you ask me . The bar must have a great history behind it . If I had the money id buy it and put a hugh beergarden & Barby on the roof . Its the best corner on the track

Now ..... how will they modify the corner ? Move it more towards the esse's ?
Old 4 Jan 2005, 12:24 (Ref:1192797)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Anyone know what happened over the talk about modifying "tetre Rouge" ? Now I hear that the pub there will be knocked down over some thing called a tramway !!! Thats a disgrace if you ask me . The bar must have a great history behind it . If I had the money id buy it and put a hugh beergarden & Barby on the roof . Its the best corner on the track
The bar's already been done, mate. Remember it used to be the Cafe du Tertre Rouge? I'm not sure if ut was actually knocked down but the Bar Tertre Rouge which replaced it looked mighty different to me....... (never been in it though). This was about 4 years ago?
Old 4 Jan 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1192833)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Thats a shame !!! Must have been the new bar i was in over the years ..... they used to do great beef bourguinue and chips for a quick bite to eat and a nice pint of cold stella too !!!

Shame
Old 4 Jan 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1192834)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've only ever looked across to it from the inside of Tertre Rouge!
Old 4 Jan 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1192869)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

It was especially great on the PQ days as you could sit indide the window and have a nice cool beer ..... shame that come race weekend they only had the downstairs back bar open !!!

I will miss that bar though .....
Old 6 Jan 2005, 21:16 (Ref:1194756)   #23
bf1
Racer

Ireland
have a look (esp the 6th post..)
http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/...d.php?t=180448
Old 7 Jan 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1195292)   #24
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1
What do you mean?
Old 7 Jan 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1195525)   #25
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Eurosport 2 is launching on Monday and this should be a chance for More live coverage of LM, hopefully