Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 Mar 2002, 13:20 (Ref:244388)   #1
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Monster Madness

For everbody looking forward to the exciting new Ducati Monster series being run at BSB meetings.......forget it......it ain't gonna happen.

Despite all the hype, a grand total of SIX riders has paid to enter this series. I can't speak for all six, but at least one of the riders had no inkling that the series was not running until he tried to chase up his passes for Silverstone.

The official Ducati line is that the series is 'postponed'. Just how they hope to attract entries for a non-existent race series is beyond my understanding! They will, however, refund the money which riders have already paid.

Fortunately, all is not lost. Aprilia have offered to supply a Mille to anyone who has been let down by Ducati, which they will ship overnight, to be paid for when the rider gets his (or her!) money back from Ducati, & MRO will get the paperwork done in time for them to race at Oulton Park on Easter Monday.

So, here we have two organisations, BSB & MRO, & two manufacturers, Ducati & Aprilia. Who is acting in the best interests of the sport & of the riders?

I'll be at Oulton on Monday.....

Last edited by Dave Brand; 26 Mar 2002 at 13:21.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 13:23 (Ref:244394)   #2
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who...

Why Aprilia obviously. They are happy to see their product racing.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 13:53 (Ref:244422)   #3
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
Who...

Why Aprilia obviously. They are happy to see their product racing.
Aprilia UK is doing a lot for the sport. They run, in conjunction with MRO, three one-make series, RS125 Superteens, RS250s & RSV Milles. While other manufacturers have sponsored one-make series, only Aprilia seems to be doing it properly. The reasons for this, I think are firstly that the bikes used in the Aprilia series are proper sportbikes & secondly that Aprilia gives longterm commitment which makes it worthwhile for a rider to buy the bikes, knowing that the series will not disappear after a season or two.
Old 28 Mar 2002, 13:37 (Ref:245896)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
The latest on this is that it's now been made into a six-round series.

Prices now are:

6 rounds, bike to keep at the end: £10,000
6 rounds, no bike: £5,000
3 rounds, no bike: £3,000

Now the entries should come flooding in!