Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Aug 2003, 10:24 (Ref:701593)   #1
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Konica's at Mallala

Who do you think will win on the weekend ?
I think Winterbottom and Matthew White will fight it out closely followed by the talented Owen Kelly.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 10:29 (Ref:701595)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
SBR are on a mission to go out of the series on a high, so I expect Mark Winterbottom to be seriously fast. He wont have any L1 times to compare to at Mallala, well except the Dynamik ones I suppose.

Dale Brede is likely to be a strong contender again, more miles before the Sandown/Bathurst double with Tony Ricciardello.

Matthew White will be strong as ever, Owen Kelly will do well despite the mechanical headaches he always seems to have, and our perennial favourite Speedy Thexton will improve and make a much stronger showing. I hope so anyway
Old 28 Aug 2003, 10:31 (Ref:701600)   #3
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My money is on Thextons Co Driver Brett Peters to do well.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 10:41 (Ref:701610)   #4
ford boy
Veteran

Speaking of Thexton, When is his BA due to hit the track flying
Old 28 Aug 2003, 11:14 (Ref:701646)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is almost together right now, might even be at Sandown, although I doubt they will race it.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 11:20 (Ref:701654)   #6
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luff will be up there if he can get the right speed and setup.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 11:29 (Ref:701668)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
You just lost your own argument Sevi
Old 28 Aug 2003, 12:06 (Ref:701710)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am i the only one who wonders whether the Warren Luff drive is a warm-up for the enduro's or a try-out.....
Old 28 Aug 2003, 12:09 (Ref:701713)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I suspect a try-out. He certainly didnt use blow Cam McConville's doors off at LRT last year.

Wonder who is waiting in the wings...
Old 28 Aug 2003, 12:51 (Ref:701759)   #10
TheGspot
Racer

TheGspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is luff in the enduros
Old 28 Aug 2003, 13:04 (Ref:701778)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
In Jr's car, presuming he doesnt get shafted after this meeting...
Old 28 Aug 2003, 21:51 (Ref:702196)   #12
White Knight

Why should he, he is the most consistant (in terms of lap times) driver they have? The other two are all over the place, it no wonder they can't get a good working setup on the cars.

Old 28 Aug 2003, 22:44 (Ref:702226)   #13
TheGspot
Racer

I have to say that the politics of this sport is far deeper than any man looking in knows, it is amazing
Old 30 Aug 2003, 08:48 (Ref:703224)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Winterbottom fastest in qualifying again from Jones & White.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...8/2003.MALL.Q9

No real surprises, other than David Thexton has managed to get himself within 105% of Winterbottom, by half a second.

Luff is 5th but over a second off Winterbottom's time.

Annoyingly, there are no pics up on the Supercar site, and no press releases as yet.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 09:27 (Ref:703245)   #15
ford boy
Veteran

1st 2 rows taken up by fords !
Well done to Mark Winterbottom on getting pole, and extremely well done to Warren Luff on getting the DJR ford on the 3rd row
Old 31 Aug 2003, 03:16 (Ref:703764)   #16
TheGspot
Racer

A top finish by luffy,, must have been ricca as luff has had no problems in race 1.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 03:48 (Ref:703771)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Luff was still a second a lap off Winterbottom, lets not get too excited just yet
Old 31 Aug 2003, 05:19 (Ref:703790)   #18
TheGspot
Racer

Excited no, but maybe the package is not all that bad considering it is a banana isn't it.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 05:25 (Ref:703792)   #19
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Winterbottom fastest in qualifying again from Jones & White.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...8/2003.MALL.Q9

No real surprises, other than David Thexton has managed to get himself within 105% of Winterbottom, by half a second.

Luff is 5th but over a second off Winterbottom's time.

Annoyingly, there are no pics up on the Supercar site, and no press releases as yet.
GTR - you'll be lucky to get any media releases until Monday afternoon - desite offers to promote themselves, very few teams in the Konica's want to availa themselves of that capability
Old 31 Aug 2003, 05:30 (Ref:703793)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Am I right in saying there are no facilities at the circuit... is there actually a phone-line connected media room at Mallala?

Dialups from hotel rooms sounds a little sad for the #1 motorsport category in the country.

There are surprisingly a few media releases up now, after yesterday's festivities, but the photogallery is still a hospital patient.

Is this a sign of things to come when the full broadband deal is put together?
Old 31 Aug 2003, 05:43 (Ref:703796)   #21
RaceTime
Veteran

Most likely - there are a number of problems with Mallala. Results are coming out but you can bet your bottom dollar this is at some odds with with what the chief timekeeper wants to do! For instance - they are claimng lap records set at a June meeting last year - but the timekeeper still *refuses* to post any results from that meeting.

Thats hurdle number 1.

The second is more general - I get media releases from 4 teams - DJR, Spies Hacker and Smiths Trucks entreis and Beikoff - and that's it! (the second two come from the same media outlet...)

I realise the media guys aren't always at the track, but mobile phones DO work there but - well what can you say or do?? The teams are, IMHO, their own worst enemies for information.

Plus, of course, F4000 (or whatever they are calling themselves now) are there and haven't seen a single media release about them; Formula Ford always arrives within 60 mins of the end of the days sessions or races..so it can be done properly...
Old 31 Aug 2003, 05:46 (Ref:703797)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Ah, but Formula Ford is lucky to have a permanent mum and a dad to look after it, and indeed a Ford-supplied SegalMedia man from this round onwards.

I take your point about the press releases though, its not like its actually difficult to add an extra name on the email address list.

And I wouldnt be so sure mobile phones work all that well in the depths of rural SA either...
Old 31 Aug 2003, 06:22 (Ref:703800)   #23
RaceTime
Veteran

Depends on the carrier of course
Old 31 Aug 2003, 06:29 (Ref:703804)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Lets just say the users of the big 0 brand should take their phones back to the shop for a refund

But how about the clean sweep of the results by M.Winterbottom in the Milligan's Food Group SBR AU!!

Winner of all 3 races, fastest lap in all 3 races, pole position. I doubt it could get any better.

Phenomenal stuff! Looks good for Sandown and Bathurst!
Old 31 Aug 2003, 07:01 (Ref:703809)   #25
RaceTime
Veteran

Bummer - so Formula Ford make a liar out of me today - they took 70 minutes from the chequered flag being displayed until I received their report

And I won't give away the winner either - so nyer nyer