Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 22 Jan 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2617391)   #1
rbrace16
Rookie

rbrace16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Engine help Please

hi everyone am new to karting and just got my first kart. the problem i have is that i cant find out what engine i have. it says tkm on the top part of the engine. so i no its a tkm. but all the tkm pictures i see have the carb on the front of the engine where mine is on the side. also my kart is abit smaller than my friends kart it is about 3" shorter 2" narrow on front wheels and 7" on rear wheels. am thinking that i got a kids kart but i fit in it fine. any help will be bril thanks rob
Old 22 Jan 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2617725)   #2
rbrace16
Rookie

rbrace16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrace16 View Post
hi everyone am new to karting and just got my first kart. the problem i have is that i cant find out what engine i have. it says tkm on the top part of the engine. so i no its a tkm. but all the tkm pictures i see have the carb on the front of the engine where mine is on the side. also my kart is abit smaller than my friends kart it is about 3" shorter 2" narrow on front wheels and 7" on rear wheels. am thinking that i got a kids kart but i fit in it fine. any help will be bril thanks rob
update this is a pic
http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/q...6/DSCF0894.jpg
http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/q...6/DSCF0894.jpg
Old 23 Jan 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2617884)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The engines an old 100cc TKM from prior to the days of the BT82. Therefore there are no MSA level championships it can run in, however some non-MSA might let you - where in the country are you?

I dont think the chassis is a kids one, just the old 100s were narrower than todays Rotax ones. Looking at the rear bumper its quite old as its not full width - I would say earlier than mid 90s for sure. Take some pics of the chassis plate and the kart as a whole and we can help more.

Obviously its push start, but it should be quick as anything, however you wanna check out the chassis for cracks and make sure the brakes and steering are in good nick.

How much did you pay for it btw? Its ok for a bit of testing for sure, as long as you get the hang of starting it.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 08:16 (Ref:2618950)   #4
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like a 25mm axle as well. Probably an outfit from the late '80s early '90s?