Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jun 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1334605)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FIA GT Rnd 5: Brno 2005

Round 5 of the FIA GT championship is this weekend at Brno. A very strong entry list IMO which can be found here. A 29 car strong entry, 12 of which are in the GT2/G2 classes. Can G.P.C's Melo and Belloc make it 5 differnt winners from 5 races? Will be a big ask, but who knows. One thing is for sure the racing is going to be good.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1334626)   #2
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope in Lambo ...
Old 20 Jun 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1334660)   #3
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to hear that Reiter are back - shame they had to miss a couple of rounds, tho...
Old 20 Jun 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1334680)   #4
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Good to hear that Reiter are back - shame they had to miss a couple of rounds, tho...
I hope their reliability problems are finally fixed.

I assume it will be very hot next weekend as well. So ideal reliability test conditions (ask Aston Martin people ).
Old 20 Jun 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1334771)   #5
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hmmm... very hot... Lambo out after 20 laps? lol
Old 20 Jun 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1334802)   #6
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
should be a good race... Brno is a fantastic track and it will be interesting to see if the 575's performance at Imola was a fluke or not. i would definitely be watching out for the MC12s though, esp. with the Vette carying success ballast now (the uphill and downhill sections of Brno really put ballasted runners at a disadvantage)
Old 20 Jun 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1334815)   #7
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RAM will have Maciej Marcinkiewicz onboard as third driver...maybe finaly they'll be able to put some decent laptimes
Old 20 Jun 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1334931)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Mike Hezemans said on Eurosport they get a C6R for next year...but I don't know if he was serious or just joking (To be honost I think the last).
Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1334941)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont see why he would be joking Fire, it is widely known that C6R's will be made available in the 2006 season and naturally Corvette would like to have a European representitve and who better than GPLK? They do too have Corvette Europe sponsorship..
Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1334947)   #10
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
...and a victory under their belts too now
Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1334951)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
That's true, and GPLK-Carsport was competative from the first race this season.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1335049)   #12
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
I dont see why he would be joking Fire, it is widely known that C6R's will be made available in the 2006 season and naturally Corvette would like to have a European representitve and who better than GPLK? They do too have Corvette Europe sponsorship..
Gary Pratt said at Le Mans that there was no decision as yet to release the C6 to privateers.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 20:37 (Ref:1335062)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Not that I disbeleive you lj79 but is there any official confirmation of this anywhere viewable to the general public? Would be interesting to see if there is, IMO and just because Gary Pratt apparntly said that there has been no decision, that is the official line. Unoffically I wonder if the truth is somehwat differnt and Mike Hazemans let something slip.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1335118)   #14
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Being an optimist I'd like to see customer C6.R's around in the hands of privateers next year - but I'd reckon if they don't then perhaps it's because they want to perfect the car first? It certainly wasn't as dominant at Le mans this year as it has been in the past.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1335139)   #15
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Morbidelli to drive alongside Kox at Brno (in the Reiter Lambo)
Old 21 Jun 2005, 05:39 (Ref:1335453)   #16
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't see any reason to believe that C6.Rs will be made available for privateers next year. I too remember hearing Gary Pratt say that there had not been a decision made regarding private entries next year, since they were still learning the ropes of providing cars to people.

As far as I know, all the talk of customer C6.Rs has been from teams looking to buy them, not the factory. More detailed discussion usually reveals that it is merely the team's wish which they have been discussing with Pratt & Miller (PCR) or the party line has changed with time (Bell spectulated to go with Astons now). Time will tell whether C6.Rs will appear in private hands, but it's a bit presumptuous to assume now that they will certainly appear next year.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1335623)   #17
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rock Media Motors from the Czech Republic, in a 575 with Montermini. Is that the Loris Kessel entry from the italian GT championship?

Impressive list, good to see some bigger numbers again.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1338421)   #18
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Konrad Saleens are no longer on the Brno Entry List , i thought they solved their issues with the engines! this is very sad
Old 24 Jun 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1339035)   #19
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
First practice session is running at the moment: http://www.msttiming.com/fiagt/livetiming.asp

It looks to be another Maserati-Corvette fight this weekend.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1339074)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
but I'd reckon if they don't then perhaps it's because they want to perfect the car first?
Its pretty perfect at the minute !!! I still prefer the shape of the old C5R though ..... The C6R is still growing on me though
Old 24 Jun 2005, 10:19 (Ref:1339079)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
Both Konrad Saleens are no longer on the Brno Entry List , i thought they solved their issues with the engines! this is very sad
I got me a sneaking feeling that you wont be seeing Konrad in the FIA GT series next year ..... I reckon he will be in the LMES with a Porsche LMP-2 and doing the Porsche Supercup like he started doing this year !! Opinions please ........
Old 24 Jun 2005, 12:50 (Ref:1339179)   #22
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I got me a sneaking feeling that you wont be seeing Konrad in the FIA GT series next year ..... I reckon he will be in the LMES with a Porsche LMP-2 and doing the Porsche Supercup like he started doing this year !! Opinions please ........
Porsche LMP2 for Konrad in LMES next year? Impossible In 2006 the LMP2 car will be exclusively raced by Penske
Old 24 Jun 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1339184)   #23
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
In 2006 the LMP2 car will be exclusively raced by Penske
I wonder if we should all start taking bets if Penske will be the only team running Porsche LMP's at any time next year.....
Old 24 Jun 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1339189)   #24
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Penske Motorsports, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Penske Racing, Inc., will field the new Porsche prototype in its first full season of competition exclusively in 2006. Prior to entering the entire 2006 ALMS season, it is anticipated Penske Motorsports will initially debut the new Porsche prototype at the final two races of the 2005 ALMS season as test events. These will be the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta, Georgia, on 1 October, and the season finale at Laguna Seca, California, on 16 October.
source: Porsche press release
Old 24 Jun 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1339214)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Porsche LMP2 for Konrad in LMES next year? Impossible In 2006 the LMP2 car will be exclusively raced by Penske
In America ..... and nobody will race one in the LMES !!! I find that hard to accept