Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Nov 2007, 21:58 (Ref:2059625)   #1
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
London to Brighton Veteran Car Rally

Well, despite getting up at 3am to get to Hyde Park for 5, I had a great first time at this event. The cars are absolutely amazing, and the atmosphere brill, even if literally choking at times! The entrants were all so friendly and breakfast afterwards at the RAC Club in Pall Mall. I would thoroughly recommend anyone to do it at least once, it is a unique experience.
Thanks 750MC and Peter for 'inviting' me.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 08:51 (Ref:2059886)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you enjoyed it, I'll give you a warning though - it's very addictive!
Old 5 Nov 2007, 18:22 (Ref:2060465)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny story from Saturday. Pete Harding, Elaine & myself were on duty o the North carriage Drive arranging the parking, unloading etc of the 100+ cars that set off to Berkley Square/Regent St for the concours.
I got set upon by a very angry Park Keeper (just like the Parky when we were kids) complaing that 2 vehicles had blocked Bridleways, upon investigation, one was a big Jap 4 x 4, the other an X Type Jag & yes both were parked very inconsiderately and both were proudly bearing Institute of Advanced Motoring stickers. Perhaps it's part of the test, to park as badly as possible!
Old 5 Nov 2007, 19:03 (Ref:2060496)   #4
DavidBritainUK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
DavidBritainUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not quite as early as Clive (4am), but it was really good. The atmosphere was amazing, and the breakfast after was a nice ending.

Did I imagine it Dave, or were you really wearing probans?
Old 5 Nov 2007, 19:23 (Ref:2060505)   #5
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the third year running the Circuitmarshal team were helping the AWDC on Clayton Hill about 7 miles from Brighton.
Even that far down the road and even with people that had to get out and walk and or push still happy smiley people.
Wish some competitors in motorsport could be like that even when they don't have to get out and push!
To echo what has been said above you WILL be back.
Old 6 Nov 2007, 07:51 (Ref:2060870)   #6
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dave, you are correct about it being addictive, I have missed one in 30 years.

Just imagine what the country would have looked like if we were all driving one of those steam carts! at Redhill it left a thick black fog behind.
Old 6 Nov 2007, 18:04 (Ref:2061373)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The 'Steamer' had trouble leaving the Start Line, and had to pull over to raise pressure this was in sight of the large crowd on Hyde Park Corner. When it did eventually chug out onto the highway, it got the biggest cheer of the morning. I bet they were glad Ken Livingston & his mates were still in bed!
Old 6 Nov 2007, 18:05 (Ref:2061374)   #8
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Did I imagine it Dave, or were you really wearing probans?[/QUOTE

Of course I was - I'm still a 'B.O.B' and proud of it.
Old 6 Nov 2007, 18:19 (Ref:2061388)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I marshaled last year but had to work last Saturday so I just couldn't manage 14 3.50am starts in a row.
Sorry I couldn't make it.