Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 24 Mar 2004, 22:14 (Ref:918438)   #1
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

It's released friday and looks like providing some of the best multiplayer gaming available on Live! So I want to know who's going to be getting it? Mine should hopefully arrive tomorrow from the trusty folks over at play.com and I'd love to be able to play with or against people I know. So if you're getting the game, want to give your impressions or organise an online game do it here! Hope to see plenty of you on Live! very soon...
Old 25 Mar 2004, 12:57 (Ref:919074)   #2
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi there, downloaded & played the demo last night and was well impressed with it. however, my FPS dropped quite a bit compared to original splinter cell, apart from that everything's very similar. have you played the demo yet by any chance? and yes, i'm getting the full game as soon as it comes out!
Old 25 Mar 2004, 17:21 (Ref:919289)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid......
Old 25 Mar 2004, 18:37 (Ref:919336)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Just got home from work to find my nice shiny copy of the Xbox version sat on the mat! Won't have much time to play it tonight though, but I'll hopefully get an hour or so in before heading down the pub. I'm guessing from the above that you'll be getting the PC version Terry?
Old 25 Mar 2004, 20:55 (Ref:919468)   #5
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
James Kimbley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The is a bug on the multiplayer "optimatch" option if you select "optimatch" it will crash your xbox. They only way to play online is via the "quick match" option. A patch is coming out for it, you can read more here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55034
Old 26 Mar 2004, 08:08 (Ref:919867)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good start eh?
Old 26 Mar 2004, 08:21 (Ref:919880)   #7
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
I would love to know how a bug like that slips though, did the testing team not even test the optimatch facility. As the xbox has a standard hardware and software configuration, unlike a PC which has unlimited amount of different configurations.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 08:27 (Ref:919881)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Me too. They must test these things endlessly surely, and yet everything that comes out (particularly pc software) has bugs in it.

I used to make a lot of music on my pc using Ejay products, but they have become so incredibly bug-ridden that they are now almost unusable. They have their own forum on their website on which people complain incessantly, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The desire to make the quick buck (as quickly as possible) is too great a lure, I guess......
Old 26 Mar 2004, 10:14 (Ref:919935)   #9
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember all those Xbox haters saying that Microsoft would release patches for games, looks like they've been proved right.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 10:46 (Ref:919958)   #10
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
Well it to be expected I guess due to the internet, why waste time and money fixing all the bugs in development, get the game out into the market, cash in then bring out fixes to fix the bugs.

Last edited by James Kimbley; 26 Mar 2004 at 10:47.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 12:43 (Ref:920043)   #11
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@Damon, yeah i'll be getting the pc version. at least i don't have to wait too long before it hits the shelves next week. have played the demo and really enjoyed it though.

btw,i think sim fisher really looks like George Clooney somehow, with the grey hair & all that...anyone echoes that?
Old 26 Mar 2004, 18:57 (Ref:920376)   #12
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Yep, I had the same probs briefly last night. You can get round it though by choosing your game quickly before the game speeds finalise. A bit silly though.
Old 27 Mar 2004, 00:42 (Ref:920740)   #13
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Well it really is quite superb. The single player (having done to opening level) is more or the same from SC1, but there is nothing wrong with that. It's the same sublime gameplay honed to near perfection.

Best of all though is the multiplayer. It's tense, challenging, stategic, highly rewarding and hugely addictive. Having finished the first level of the single player I thought I'd just have a quick look see what this multiplayer thing was all about. The best part of 3 hours later and I've finally dragged myself away. I can't recommend this highly enough to fans of the first installment or Xbox owners in general to be honest.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 00:23 (Ref:921640)   #14
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
I am ordering it now from amazon, should get it next week sometime.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 01:12 (Ref:921667)   #15
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Xbox version James? If you what's your Live tag? Mine's N R HILL.

Last edited by Damon; 28 Mar 2004 at 01:13.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 12:25 (Ref:922009)   #16
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh dear looks like i'll be spending more cash on games....
Old 28 Mar 2004, 13:03 (Ref:922041)   #17
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
Hi Damon, yes the xbox version my gamertag is JamesK should hopefully get is by wednesday. Stick me on your buddy list if you want, and we can have a game.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 15:08 (Ref:922115)   #18
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Will do.

Ed, you gotta get it, it's fantastic.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 10:45 (Ref:922667)   #19
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the X-box is comibng through with some great games, PGR2, Splinter cell, Halo 2, Half life 2, etc.

Its begining to relaise the potential it's always had, i just hope Toca race driver 2 lives up to the console.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 16:12 (Ref:923004)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've never been a big fan of Splinter Cell. But I'll have to get the new one, for the simple reason.....

I had pre-ordered Halo 2 and up until last week it was slated for release on April 12th.

Now it's not out until.......October 22nd. I haven't bought a new game in an eternity and I need one. So Splinter Cell it is then.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:20 (Ref:923077)   #21
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Go to hear knowlesy . Have you got live too?
Old 29 Mar 2004, 18:57 (Ref:923208)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will at some point this year.

I had an immediate choice of Sky (full package) or X-Box live for my room. Sky won the day, motorsport governed the decision! It works out a lot cheaper too....

I'll get live soon, and you can have the pleasure of thrashing me!
Old 29 Mar 2004, 19:32 (Ref:923242)   #23
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I'll look forward to it .
Old 29 Mar 2004, 19:40 (Ref:923250)   #24
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
godd news, wander into town to day to sort out my credit card, and ended up spending my hard earned in Game (so much for reducing the card bill....). sneakly managed to get a student discount too.

Anyway I have it now, just played the first level on solo, now just waiting for some of you guys to jump on live! so i can give it a go. I'll keep an eye on my friends list tis evening, but i canna be to late, gotta get up at 6:30 to travel down to london tomorrow...
Old 29 Mar 2004, 21:08 (Ref:923340)   #25
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
Got a email of Amazon today my copy has been dispatched, so may even get it tomorrow morning. However wednesday is my guess.