Juan Pablo Montoya 2 2.25%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Aug 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1387622)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Driver of the race: Turkey

The usual suspects?

If you would like someone else adding to the list please ask.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1387625)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've opted for Button for all of the moves during the fight through the field.

Taking nothing away from Kimi's victory, sitting at the front's the easy thing to do...(after the Fisichella pass that is).
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1387637)   #3
Jaxs
Racer

Jaxs has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's nice to know some one has made our minds up for us
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:20 (Ref:1387648)   #4
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikkonen & Button.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1387663)   #5
Big-O
Racer

Iceland
Iceland
Big-O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi .... brilliant drive.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1387677)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs
It's nice to know some one has made our minds up for us
Sorry?
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1387679)   #7
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
again montoya is missing from the list :/

gonna have to give the driver off the race to mr "my brakes dont work" jordan driver
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1387680)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Giving it to Kimi would be too easy, so I'll give it to Button.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:51 (Ref:1387681)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Worthwhile mentioning Monteiro, the Portuguese mental monkey.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1387684)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini
again montoya is missing from the list :/
Do you want him adding?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini
gonna have to give the driver off the race to mr "my brakes dont work" jordan driver
Do you want him adding? Are these people actually contenders for driver of the race?

They can be added as I said, just ask.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1387685)   #11
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nahhhhhh put me down for a button please
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1387686)   #12
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also voted for Button but Klien was a close second. That lad does a good job against(with) an experienced teammate. Good race today, except for FW's squad, IMHO.
Mike
Old 21 Aug 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1387733)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My vote went to Kimi. Jenson did well to fight back to finish 5th, but it was his own fault he had so much work to do.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1387739)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Raikkonen.

Again.

Peerless.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1387784)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
my vote is for kimi as well. excellent job maintaing his position ont the first lap and generally doing everything possible in order to keep his chances alive.
well done.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1387837)   #16
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taking qualifying out of the equation as it's driver of the race - (not saying anyone else should, I chop and change this as suits meself) - I'll go for Button.

He impressed me with not only his classy overtaking but also his constant speed. Attacked the track all day and got every tenth out of his car I believe.

But then so did Kimi...ah, he gets plenty of my votes.

Nice to see Doornbos on the list!
Old 21 Aug 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1387889)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
He is a popular lad the Kimster, but to day my vote goes to Jenson Button! also a fine drive by JPM..
Old 22 Aug 2005, 00:32 (Ref:1387904)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My vote goes to Button. He provided most of the action today and overtook a fair amount. Really goes to prove his critics (and there were quite a few looking at the recent threads) about his quality as a driver.

Kimi would be close behind. A great car, great reliability...and a fitting result. Although he made a few small errors in picking his line etc, he did well to put a strong result.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 00:37 (Ref:1387908)   #19
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doornbos.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1387909)   #20
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It amazes me so much that when webber lost 200ths of a second in qualifying that ten-tenths slaughtered sato, yet, when Mclaren get hindered theres hardly a rustle. If the same thing happened to webber there would be hoards of people wanting revenge! I give this to JPM - did a perfect job of playing kimi's rear man. He impressed me, I didnt think he would of played the team game, but he has and im very impressed.

Well done to JPM.

I voted for Kimi because JPM wasnt on the list, but if a mod can fix this itd be great Ta.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 01:29 (Ref:1387926)   #21
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi just edges Button for me - but it is soooooo tight.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 03:33 (Ref:1387955)   #22
Schultz
Rookie

Schultz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, but JPM went off all by himself after his colision with Monteiro.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 03:40 (Ref:1387957)   #23
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultz
Sorry, but JPM went off all by himself after his colision with Monteiro.
That is waht you call a damaged diffuser, a damaged diffuser leads to a loss of downforce, a loss of downforce, means you are more than likely going to loose it somewhere.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 03:50 (Ref:1387962)   #24
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi gets my vote, but Button gets an honourable mention for a good fight back as a result of his qualifying error.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 04:19 (Ref:1387975)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
My vote went to Kimi. Jenson did well to fight back to finish 5th, but it was his own fault he had so much work to do.
This might deserve a thread of its own, but FWIW when I saw him going into that turn in qualifying I knew he would spin off. He was running so heavy that the rear of the car touched the track more than any other car (except maybe JV) so to be doing those times with that fuel load (and this was born out by the race) was impressive. Just think where he would have qualified if they ran a more comventional strategy?

Yes Kimi was mightily impressive, in fact perrless. Fisi just faded but not too far back.

Got to say that Monty doesn't look comfortable in the Macaroon. The "off" in the race was probably as a result of being rear ended.

Alonso couldn't have done more.

Trulli suffered from strategy.

DC and Klien put in a superb performance to out last any other team and then again Team Willy were frankly appalling. Got to be handling this time because their tyre troubles seemed to be of their own making.

So driver of the Race? Got to be Jenson. Not his fault he was down there at all, but to fight back and make some great textbook style passes gets my vote.

Interestingly I was in amongst many Ferrari fans and after Michael's demise they were all looking to Button's progress.