Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Oct 2003, 23:38 (Ref:748883)   #1
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newbe for Le Mans, campings?

I'd like to visit Le Mans in 2004 with a group of aprox. 10 people who've never been there (all from Formula one forum in Holland). We've tried this year, but because of warnings of lack of camping space we didn't go.
How does it actually work? Do you have to reserve in advance, or is it a 'first come, first served policy in France?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 23:55 (Ref:748890)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry I cant help u with camping arrangements, but welcome to the forum Paddy! I hope u like it here and continue to post. If u stick around ur question will no doubt be answered sometime tommorow when theres more people online.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 12 Oct 2003 at 23:57.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 23:57 (Ref:748892)   #3
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
okay, thanks anyway
Old 13 Oct 2003, 01:28 (Ref:748936)   #4
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Newbe for Le Mans, campings?

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy_NL
I'd like to visit Le Mans in 2004 with a group of aprox. 10 people who've never been there (all from Formula one forum in Holland). We've tried this year, but because of warnings of lack of camping space we didn't go.
How does it actually work? Do you have to reserve in advance, or is it a 'first come, first served policy in France?
Follow this thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=39562
Old 13 Oct 2003, 06:09 (Ref:749049)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Newbe for Le Mans, campings?

Quote:
Welcome on the forum, Paddy, and welcome at LM to the whole Dutch team.

Just one thing to make your trip more pleasant (even if my co-mod never sleeps at LM, and thinks the camping lot is useless ) : order your ticket far in advance at ACO board, or any other place our British friends could help you to find out. As you experimented this year, it's always overcrowded, and th campings are full.

But don't forget : you can sleep in your car on a parking lot, lots of us do it this way...

Enjoy !
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:03 (Ref:749406)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, welcome Paddy - good to see that F1 fans are prepared to go and see a real show......

As Fab says, I don't sleep at Le Mans (during the race itself - too good to miss the nighttime), but I'm a softie - my party hotel it before the race and afterwards.......
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:13 (Ref:749541)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Yes, welcome Paddy - good to see that F1 fans are prepared to go and see a real show......
Come on Ayse, we don't want to have problems with our F1 fellow-mods, don't we ?
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:33 (Ref:749581)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Houx Annexe is great...
Old 13 Oct 2003, 16:58 (Ref:749871)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Come on Ayse, we don't want to have problems with our F1 fellow-mods, don't we ?

Of course not Fab, but we need to spread the word. One visit and they'd be just as hooked as we are!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 18:12 (Ref:750005)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
Le Houx Annexe is great...
Which reminds me must book my tickets ASAP
Old 13 Oct 2003, 20:28 (Ref:750173)   #11
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome, topics look very polite here

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Come on Ayse, we don't want to have problems with our F1 fellow-mods,
don't we ?
How on earth do you know I'm a Moderator?!
Fyi, I'm an administrator on www.formule1.nl
Or isn't that what you mean by Mods?

Preferrably I wouldn't sleep in a car during the week we've planned. We'd
like to go Tuesday to Monday.
My working environment gives me the possibility to bring loads of stuff like
large BBQ, generator, beerpump (would 4 barrels of 50 litres do? ) and
lots of other stuff which would probably make us feel like never going home
again

Anyway, I'll have a proper look at the quoted thread, thebear :up:
Old 14 Oct 2003, 09:40 (Ref:750644)   #12
clkgtrlm1
Rookie

England
Woodstock, Oxford, England
clkgtrlm1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

HELLO PADDY - IM NEW TO THE FORUM BUT A LEMANS VET!!
There is normally no problem getting tickets for all camping sites. Try to book tickets from ACO before January. Or failing this you can go to dealers such as Motor Racing International, Justtickets or Page and Moy.
Camping Houx is fairly popular as it has dedicated marked pitches, electricity hook ups and fixed shower blocks and water points. Houx Annexe is usually the busiest and most rowdy campsite - good fun but not if you need a lot of sleep. Maison Blanche is a good all round choice, and suitable for families, - it is nearest to the pit lane, has trackside viewing and very close to town. Blue is outside the circuit and is normally very 'noisy' but good fun. The brits sometimes arrange impromptu drag racing in here - why has this not happened for a few years chaps? This campsite is the least secure and next to an airfield.............
Take as much kit with you as possible - barbeques, gazebo, genny, tents , pools etc. The more the better.
What you MUST do is to arrive before Tuesday on race week, find your camping pitch, mark it out with flags or tape or something and guard it vigorously - OH by the way , you will need more beer than this !
Old 14 Oct 2003, 10:44 (Ref:750696)   #13
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paddy,
You'll have to get your skates on if you want to get tickets direct from the ACO now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are already sold out. You could try one of the tour operators like MRI (hack, cough, spit) but you will pay a premium. Maybe up to 200%. Neither will MRI let you buy a camping ticket on its own, you will also have to buy in to their dreadful hospitality, and they may even try to overcharge you for general entry tickets that you can buy on the gate at the day.
By all means try them, but try the ACO first, and at least get on a waiting list. Nearer the great day you will find tickets coming up for sale here, on e-bay and on www.clubarnage.com.
If all else fails, just turn up, there are usually some returned tickets for sale at the ACO. One way or another, get there early enough, use a bit of sense, and I'm sure you'll sort something out.
We used to take van loads of stuff down (and still do), but remember that the local hypermarkets have almost everything, and it's nice to put something back into the region.
Good Luck!
H
Old 14 Oct 2003, 12:25 (Ref:750809)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
......beerpump (would 4 barrels of 50 litres do? )

I guess that would be enough to last a couple of members of the T.W.A.T.S for a couple of hours on Saturday morning, but what would they do then?

BTW, I think Fab was referring to me when he made the mod reference.....
Old 14 Oct 2003, 12:42 (Ref:750832)   #15
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I'm on the lookout for a place with a group for Le Mans 04, (fed up with Page and Moy coaches). I'd like to head down to Le Mans about mid-week, returning on Monday. Happy to contribute to costs and organisation. I'm house-trained (!), know the ropes at Le Mans and as it's the highlight of the year for me I won't be making weak excuses 2 weeks before and dropping out. So any offers to keep me away from the overnight coaches much appreciated.

Allon
Old 14 Oct 2003, 13:06 (Ref:750856)   #16
clkgtrlm1
Rookie

England
Woodstock, Oxford, England
clkgtrlm1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi AllonFS,
Im not a group, but will be looking to put together some people to go down. Have not been for last two years due to being let by afforementioned friends. But can tell you that 24hours on a coach would be bliss compared to having to get up on sunday morning in the UK to watch eurosport and to miss what the Bentley boys did this year.
Do not even have a fast car, just a cheap old reliable diesel, I havent finalised any plans yet but am still considering.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:32 (Ref:750982)   #17
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Thanks a lot for all the information coming through

I might be a complete idiot, but cannot find a link to order camping tickets online anywhere...
I've tried the French ACO-phonenumber, but some stupid tape in crappy English tells me to call back later as all the lines are busy. Guess I'll do that.

Unless anybody knows a direct link?
Old 14 Oct 2003, 16:32 (Ref:751056)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Welcome Paddy_NL, it's good to have an extra Kaaskop on this forum.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 19:17 (Ref:751272)   #19
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Well, if it ain't Dutch...

Last edited by Paddy_NL; 14 Oct 2003 at 19:19.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 11:47 (Ref:752021)   #20
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm putting together a couple of groups with (London) airport to airport all-in amenities at Karting Nord, one for the actual race weekend and one beginning the Sunday before, with other options open. As you can imagine, it will be a limited group, but if you're interested you can PM me about it.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 12:47 (Ref:752105)   #21
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paddy,
I'm not sure what you're dialling, but try:
+33 243 40 2540 or
+33 243 40 2475

fax +33 243 84 4713

e ticket@lemans.org

H
Old 15 Oct 2003, 13:24 (Ref:752145)   #22
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Thanks for your advice, bigh.
Got in contact with them, and just send a fax through for reservation at Le Houx Annexe. I hope all will be okay now.

Presume there's no problem ordering entry tickets later?

So if all is okay, watch out for those funny Dutch blokes next June
Old 16 Oct 2003, 11:27 (Ref:753126)   #23
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Newbe for Le Mans, campings?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

But don't forget : you can sleep in your car on a parking lot, lots of us do it this way...

Enjoy !
Or take part in the ritual of winding up French car parking officials by pitching a tent alongsdie your motor when their backs are turned then deny all knowledge of anything and look blankly at them when they tell you in the best english ever heard that your are in the wrong area and have the wrong ticket for camping.

I never use my tent anyway LOL
Old 16 Oct 2003, 12:02 (Ref:753151)   #24
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Presume there's no problem ordering entry tickets later?

Entry tickets are available on the door, but if you want a grandstand seat you will have to prebook that.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 15:27 (Ref:753386)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Re: Re: Re: Newbe for Le Mans, campings?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilgrimage
Or take part in the ritual of winding up French car parking officials by pitching a tent alongsdie your motor when their backs are turned then deny all knowledge of anything and look blankly at them when they tell you in the best english ever heard that your are in the wrong area and have the wrong ticket for camping.

I never use my tent anyway LOL
This one is the best of the week ! Shame on you ! I always thought we (froggies) were moron in our way of speaking english anyway, including me !