Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Mar 2003, 21:51 (Ref:532069)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
News From Sebring ...

On the IMSA website, they are expected to post info on the Monday practice sessions, but early results are:

1. Champion Audi
2. Bentley (Kristensen)
3. Bentley (Herbert)
4. Joest Audi

Notes:

The Lister had a minor fire (apparently no serious damage) and had to be towed to the pits...

Johnny Kane had an incident where he spun the Audi UK, but made no wall contact...

The notes were brief, more to come, so visit www.imsaracing.net as time passes today...

also had a few photos of the practice session...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 Mar 2003, 22:06 (Ref:532084)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Racers Group also had a spin in front of the number 8 Bentley.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 22:16 (Ref:532093)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A bit of a 675 update, the #20 Dyson MG-Lola was sixth overall, the #37 Intersport car was eighth overall. In the morning session No time was recorded for the #16 Dyson entry, which was out completing laps, but running without a transponder.

During the afternoon session, the RN Motorsports DBA was quickest in the class, and eighth overall. The #20 Dyson was second fastest in 675 (10th overall), #37 was third (12th overall).

Nielsen's time was a 1:53.809, while the fastest of the afternoon was the #8 Bentley at 1:49.038.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 22:18 (Ref:532096)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did you pull those from the IMSA site, or is there another source?

I haven't looked in about an hour or so....I'd like to see or know more...

Old 10 Mar 2003, 22:30 (Ref:532114)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
That is from DSC.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 00:39 (Ref:532247)   #6
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
More stuff just posted on dsc - The second Konrad Saleen and the Brazilian porsche are withdrawn - 59 to start.

Just finished packing - On our way to the florida sunshine (I hope) tomorrow!
Old 11 Mar 2003, 01:35 (Ref:532287)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I leave here Wednesday at 6 a.m. -- picked up my tent tonight (a Northface Harrier, which sounds ferocious but so far it seems to sit quietly in its bag; perhaps it is just biding its time.) I hear it is above zero in Florida and there is no snow. I can't even remember what that is like.

I can't wait to find out!
Old 11 Mar 2003, 03:03 (Ref:532354)   #8
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I you envy those of you who get to go this year. I've gone for the past two years but educational obligations are keeping me in North Carolina this year. You can expect wonderful weather, especially you Liz. I just got back from a few days in southern Florida and it was around 90 F every day. The lowest it got throughout the entire week was 68. I'll be there in spirit!!

P.S. - Why haven't there been any pre-Sebring anecdotes about James Weaver this year?
Old 11 Mar 2003, 05:37 (Ref:532383)   #9
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The weather has been very nice today it was about 80 F. I can only go Friday and Saturday due to work and with Sebring falling in line with all my employees spring break! I can't wait, biggest field in a while!

Last edited by brightline; 11 Mar 2003 at 05:38.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 06:55 (Ref:532411)   #10
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by danhx
I you envy those of you who get to go this year. I've gone for the past two years but educational obligations are keeping me in North Carolina this year. You can expect wonderful weather, especially you Liz. I just got back from a few days in southern Florida and it was around 90 F every day. The lowest it got throughout the entire week was 68. I'll be there in spirit!!

P.S. - Why haven't there been any pre-Sebring anecdotes about James Weaver this year?
What kind of anecdotes have been told in the past?
Old 11 Mar 2003, 07:20 (Ref:532425)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Just to point out the performances, here are last year starting grid lap times :
- Audi Joest : 1'48'029
- Audi Joest : 1'48'744
- MG Knighthawk : 1'50'543
- Panoz LMP 01 : 1'50'617
- Audi Champion : 1'50'797
etc...

Pirro is already at 1'48'489, the Bentleys at 1'48'580 and 1'48'649... THE DEVIL ! They are fast, aren't they ?!?

And this is the start of the week...

Last edited by Fab; 11 Mar 2003 at 07:20.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 13:53 (Ref:532672)   #12
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
TESTING SUMMARY

Monday, March 10, 2003

Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring

1. Pirro, Lehto, Johansson, Audi R8 (LMP 900), 1:48.489.

2. Kristensen, Capello, Smith, Bentley Speed 8 (LMP 900), 1:48.580.

3. Brabham, Herbert, Blundell, Bentley Speed 8 (LMP 900), 1:48.649.

4. Biela, Werner, Peter, Audi R8 (LMP 900), 1:49.235.

5. Kane, McCarthy, Salo, Audi R8 (LMP 900), 1:50.377.

6. Theys, van de Poele, Lienhard, Dallara-MG (LMP 900), 1:51.297.

7. Magnussen, Matthews, Goossens, Riley & Scott MkIIIC-Yates (LMP 900), 1:51.998.

8. Dyson, De Radigues, Block, Lola EX257-MG (LMP 675), 1:52.292.

9. J. Field, Durand, Dayton, Lola EX257-MG (LMP 675), 1:53.114.

10. Nielsen, Shimoda, DBA4-03S-Zytek (LMP 675), 1:53.256.

11. Beretta, Papis, Jeannette, Panoz LMP01 (LMP 900), 1:54.017.

12. C. Field, Sutherland, Macaluso, Lola B2K10-MG (LMP 900), 1:56.817.

13. Lewis, Drissi, Cosmo, Riley & Scott MkIIIC-Lincoln (LMP 900), 1:57.672.

14. Campbell-Walter, McKellar, Lister Storm LMP (LMP 900), 1:59.170.

15. Collins, Gavin, Pilgrim, Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (GTS), 1:59.031.

16. Fellows, Freon, O’Connell, Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (GTS), 2:00.061.

17. Davidson, Turner, Burt, Ferrari 550 Maranello (GTS), 2:00.533.

18. Enge, Kox, Davies, Ferrari 550 Maranello (GTS), 2:00.974.

19. Naspetti, Schiattarella, Cecotto, Ferrari 550 Maranello (GTS), 2:01.952.

20. Konrad, Seiler, Nearn, Saleen S7R (GTS), 2:02.098.

Another Note:

The weather forcast (as of now) is for sunny skies and temps in the mid-80s...the earlier thoughts were for rain....let's hope that it is dry...there is no such thing as a "spring shower" in Florida...if it rains, it conmes down in buckets...

Old 11 Mar 2003, 15:11 (Ref:532744)   #13
a_r_c_a
Racer

a_r_c_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The clouds are dark for British Bentley fans....
Old 11 Mar 2003, 15:23 (Ref:532748)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
So far, they are running 2-3...sounds less than gloomy to me, but 12 hours on that washboard of a course is a long, bumpy ride...

I'm not a Bentley fan, as such...I just want to see something besides Audis followed by the rest of humanity (many laps down)...

Old 11 Mar 2003, 15:33 (Ref:532762)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
I just want to see something besides Audis followed by the rest of humanity (many laps down)...
I feel that the whole sportscar planet wouldn't like to see another Audi' cup... and widely, a VAG' cup (sorry for Bentley fans, but there's no offense here : I hope a lot from MGs...).
Old 11 Mar 2003, 15:38 (Ref:532768)   #16
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Personally, I'd really like to see the teams driving Courage chassis, plus Racing for Holland, ORECA (if they can survive), Durango, R&M, and other FIA-SCC entities run Sebring...

Economically, I know it is not feasible, but one can wish, can't he????

Old 11 Mar 2003, 15:44 (Ref:532772)   #17
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Be good to see Erwin Kremer revive his prototypes and contest Sebring too, but - wait! What's that? Oh, a flying pig. (Sigh.)
Old 11 Mar 2003, 15:50 (Ref:532779)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
TESTING SUMMARY
Tim,

Where can I find a "board" of the live timing tests ? I can't succeed to find it on the ALMS page... :confused:

Last edited by Fab; 11 Mar 2003 at 15:51.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 15:54 (Ref:532782)   #19
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The www.imsaracing.net site will have those (I believe) starting with Wednesday's formal sessions, and it will include practices and such as well as qualifying....

Prior to that, I am not sure...

Read previous e-mails above concerning other sites that may give more up-to-date info during the day than the IMSA site does for today's "not official" sessions...

Old 11 Mar 2003, 16:01 (Ref:532788)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
The www.imsaracing.net site will have those (I believe) starting with Wednesday's formal sessions, and it will include practices and such as well as qualifying
Thank you Tim. I was there, but can't find any board of times ; there's a link to 'living times', but it leads to nothing vivid...

Quote:
Read previous e-mails above concerning other sites that may give more up-to-date info during the day than the IMSA site does for today's "not official" sessions...
Mmm, I'd like to follow those unofficial sessions...

Last edited by Fab; 11 Mar 2003 at 16:02.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 16:09 (Ref:532799)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I'm sure that you speak for all of us who have been starving for sportscar racing since Petit Le Mans....

It was my experience thoughout the season last year that their timings, etc., for the formal sessions was pretty good....

You can click on the Sebring link in the upper right-hand colum to get the specific schedule of events, etc for each day since ther will be different races and classes there this weekend...

All time slisted there are local time, which is the same time zone as New York

Old 11 Mar 2003, 16:36 (Ref:532835)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
I'm sure that you speak for all of us who have been starving for sportscar racing since Petit Le Mans....
Starving is the accurate word... I almost watch the F on TV last sunday...

Quote:
You can click on the Sebring link in the upper right-hand colum to get the specific schedule of events, etc for each day since ther will be different races and classes there this weekend...
the schedules I get, but nothing live

Quote:
All time listed there are local time, which is the same time zone as New York
Mmm, the first tuesday session should be achieved ?

Last edited by Fab; 11 Mar 2003 at 16:37.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 16:39 (Ref:532839)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I feel like a moron watching my screen where nothing happends... I'll be 'glued' to my computer on saturday for the start... sooooooooooooooooo long !
Old 11 Mar 2003, 16:56 (Ref:532859)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where are the Alex Job cars?
Old 11 Mar 2003, 17:38 (Ref:532916)   #25
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is the Lister so slow? Any reason?