Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

View Poll Results: Related Sites Section - Do you Use It?
Yes 15 16.30%
No 42 45.65%
Didn't know it was there but now I do - I'm going to use it! 14 15.22%
Didn't know it was there but wouldn't be interested anyway! 21 22.83%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Jun 2005, 07:43 (Ref:1338008)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Related Sites - Do you Use It

Having looked at the level of traffic to this area of the site - and the lack of additions to it - we're wondering if it's really worth bothering keeping it in place.

So!

Related Sites - do you use it.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1338172)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I tend to find any motorsport sites I need from google - the thing with databases like "Related Sites" is that the effort needed to keep them updated is usually much bigger than the use of them justifies, I suspect.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1338255)   #3
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK
Alan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same here - if I'm after something I use google or lycos.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1338279)   #4
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I *have* used it... maybe twice.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1338296)   #5
Grahame West
Racer

Scotland
Fife
Grahame West should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Used it a couple of times but to be honest if it improved things wouldn't bother me if it was removed.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1338510)   #6
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've looked at it but usually I'll google to find sites.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1338725)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like it, but I think I may be in the minority. I think there may be too many sites on their now! It is a little crowded and difficult to find what you want.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1338739)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I think if it were categorised and brought back on to the front page of the site it would have a lot of potential. I recall the days when we had a directory before - it used to have more traffic than the forum... but we just couldn't get anyone to help run it due to the way the software was structured.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 22:03 (Ref:1338752)   #9
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Didn't even know it was here...
DKGandBH
Old 24 Jun 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1339150)   #10
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
I think if it were categorised and brought back on to the front page of the site it would have a lot of potential. I recall the days when we had a directory before - it used to have more traffic than the forum... but we just couldn't get anyone to help run it due to the way the software was structured.
Not sure if having it on the front page would help or not. My usual entry point to ten-tenths is my Control Panel (it's the first site listed in my Favorites -> Motor Sport folder.

How do other people get to ten-tenths, the home page, the forums page or what?
Old 24 Jun 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1339173)   #11
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
MSportUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are 149 pages of sites under General Motorsport. If you don't know what you're looking for, you're not likely to trawl through all that, and if you are you'll go straight to it anyway. Perhaps more subcategories would help?
Old 24 Jun 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1339340)   #12
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would not bother me one iota if it was deleted.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1339492)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I have used it a few times.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1339787)   #14
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like it and think it is a nice feature but with the Cool Sites forum and Affiliates already in place don't see much need for it...
As k-b said, it is much harder to add to and maintain while a regular google or forum search would do.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 26 Jun 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1340343)   #15
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKGandBH
Didn't even know it was here...
DKGandBH
DITTO

Old 28 Jun 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1341815)   #16
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought you got rid of that years ago. I thought it was ace when you used to have one of the most complete motorsport website directories in the world.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 09:40 (Ref:1341818)   #17
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was gone, now it's back, looks like it'll probably be gone again!
Old 29 Jun 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1343079)   #18
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Visited it one evening and trolled through most of it for stuff of interest. Anything I found that was I added to my browser favorites. Haven't visited since. Wouldn't notice if it disappeared. Sorry!
Old 6 Jul 2005, 11:05 (Ref:1348663)   #19
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As it been removed already?

Can't find it, that's how much I know about it :-(
Old 6 Jul 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1348716)   #20
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFlag
As it been removed already?

Can't find it, that's how much I know about it :-(
It's on the navigation bar, where the "Welcome DanFlag" part is. It's third from the right.