Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Nov 2004, 14:41 (Ref:1147577)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford Festival tv coverage ?

Does anyone know when this is due to be shown on tv and what channel ?

be really grateful if anyone knows ?

Old 14 Nov 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1153231)   #2
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Apparently it will be included in Sky Sport's World Motor Sport, starting next weekend. It's being trailered in this week's edition.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 15:39 (Ref:1153253)   #3
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have they been showing the regular FF UK rounds too this year? I seem to remember catching one round on World Motorsports. I was hoping they'd show the final races from Brands which I attended. :confused:

Last edited by jondownunder; 14 Nov 2004 at 15:40.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 17:34 (Ref:1153297)   #4
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year there hasnt been any TV coverage of FF because they couldnt afford it. The festival they charged each driver £190 for the pleasure of being on TV. I believe our man Rob Sunderland was the only one who didnt so you wont see him on the TV.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 19:02 (Ref:1153368)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 1st round at Donington was shown on tv earlier in the year , but that is the only round that ive seen on TV .

Foxy Mole...thanks for that ... i will keep an eye out for it on Sky ..Ive got so many festivals on tape , id hate to miss this years ..... Great to watch again years later i always think .

On another note ....One Formula Ford Festival im missing in my collection is the 1998 festival with Jenson winning .

Does anyone have that ?
, I would be willing to swap for some other great festivals i have here like Mark Webbers 1996 win , or Johnny Herberts 1985 win etc ....

if not , i would certainly cover all costs etc .

That 1998 festival was such a good one , i would love to see it again .

Well , im pleased we wont miss Daniel Clarkes 2004 win on tv ...

thank heavens for World Motorsport !

Last edited by Sato san; 14 Nov 2004 at 19:07.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1153462)   #6
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the info, must have been the Donington round I caught a bit of. Seems a total farce that FFord with its history has no TV deal while F.BMW can be seen live on Motors and then on terrestrial TV too. Ford, are you listening???

Great news that the Festival is on Sky though, I haven't managed to catch many of them over the years. Pretty sure I have the 96 Festival on tape, I'll have to dig it out.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 15:30 (Ref:1155043)   #7
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OMG , watching British F3 season review on MotorsTV, I'm grateful for the coverage, but they rejoin after the breaks halfway through the next round!

Only problem with World Motor Sport is you're forced to watch two and a half hours of racing to make sure you catch what you want!
Old 16 Nov 2004, 18:08 (Ref:1155202)   #8
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's annoying these days, a few years ago, F3, FFord Festivals and stuff were usually released on video, now it's not. I suppose the demand isn't there really, well obviously some of us would buy it, but not enough.

It's a shame because I only have terrestial channels, and sometimes you miss stuff, because it's always on at 4am, and you forget to set the video
Old 16 Nov 2004, 19:50 (Ref:1155305)   #9
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And then if you do set the video, it's only on for 20 minutes or something! FFord isn't even on MotorsportUK now.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 20:06 (Ref:1155324)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Its not right is it ..Formula Ford coverage is terrible now ....I mean , in 2001 Sky tried to actually give the festival same day delayed coverage !.....It didnt happen due to the poor weather at the Festival , but the thought was there .
Old 17 Nov 2004, 17:55 (Ref:1156183)   #11
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tweed
OMG , watching British F3 season review on MotorsTV, I'm grateful for the coverage, but they rejoin after the breaks halfway through the next round!

Only problem with World Motor Sport is you're forced to watch two and a half hours of racing to make sure you catch what you want!
Yes, that's my problem with World MotorSport, too!

Re: MotorsTV's F3 Review, the reason for it being so disjointed is that they did their own 'edit', rather than pay the original producers of the programme to do it for them. I only caught the closing stages, but note it ended after Piquet had secured the Championship, thus missing the second race at Brands completely!
Old 22 Nov 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1161072)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
well, they didnt show it this week as promised ....but they say it will be in next weeks show ....fingers crossed .
Old 25 Nov 2004, 18:33 (Ref:1164180)   #13
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From the BRSCC's regular press release:

* FORMULA FORD FESTIVAL ON SKY SPORTS

Sky Sports has advised us of the following transmission times for the highlights of the Formula Ford Festival;

Sunday 28th November at 9.00am on Sky Sports Xtra & at 3.30pm on Sky Sports 2
Monday 29th November at 1.00am on Sky Sports 2 & at 3.30pm on Sky Sports 2

These times are for the start of the World Motorsports programme.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 19:08 (Ref:1164217)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nice one Ian !

Last edited by Sato san; 25 Nov 2004 at 19:08.
Old 26 Nov 2004, 01:20 (Ref:1164493)   #15
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great, I'll have to get someone to tape it for me.

Tweed, true it's not on Motorsport UK, because MU covers the BTCC supports, and it wasn't a BTCC support this year. It has been on channel 4's version, which I think is called UK Motorsport or something (I may be wrong!), but I usually forget about that one...