Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Feb 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1513491)   #1
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Loix/Laumanns Calendars

Can anybody tell me where to get my hands on a 2006 Jonny Loix calendar. I am looking at a bare patch on my wall that for the past 14 years has been covered by either an Eddie Laumanns or Jonny Loix calendar, but this year I can't seem to find one.
Old 1 Feb 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1513673)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
bliney there is a name from the past, has anyone got any of the Laumanns yearbooks! Can you remember them!

I ahve two and they must be worth a few bob now i wouldve thought! Would love to get a few more but can you imagine how much they would go for on ebay!

Had a bid war with some bloke the otehr night for some old bike mag i wanted, the silly bugger ended up paying nearly a tenner for a ten year old mag!!
Old 1 Feb 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1513772)   #3
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll try to find Johnny's number tomorrow and give him a call. Haven't seen him for a while to be honest.
Old 1 Feb 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1513805)   #4
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
bliney there is a name from the past, has anyone got any of the Laumanns yearbooks! Can you remember them!

I ahve two and they must be worth a few bob now i wouldve thought! Would love to get a few more but can you imagine how much they would go for on ebay!
I got all yearbooks, some even twice, just to be sure. As I started following Rallycross shortly after the last yearbook got out, I bought all of them second hand. Unless you have the first two or the very last one, they aren't worth that much. From the others the sentimental value is higher than the actual value, people pay for it. I paid far more for most of them, then I should or even could have had. But I wanted them badly and now I got them and that's the important thing!
Old 1 Feb 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1513815)   #5
Fast man
Rookie

Belgium
Fast man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good year book seems to be BMR2005. See this link: BMR2005

Covering the Belgian, Dutch and ERC rallycross events (64 pages)
Also the rest of Belgian motorsport.
Old 2 Feb 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1514085)   #6
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just contacted Johnny, the calendars are available from him at 12,5 € (8,5 Pound) without p&p.
Send me a PM for his details.
Old 2 Feb 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1514490)   #7
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
God bloody blimey! A name from the past? But the ol' chap is still alive and kicking! RX is: You can check out any time you like - but you can never leave... Regards from Germany and a now 54 years old RX crusader! ;o) Eddi

By the way: The true collector needs a total of 17 calendars and a total of 12 so-called yearbooks to feel being complete...
Old 2 Feb 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1514493)   #8
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Welcome to 10-10ths Mr. L.
Old 2 Feb 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1514498)   #9
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Groetjes Eddy - van Eddi!
Old 3 Feb 2006, 02:09 (Ref:1514583)   #10
Rookie

England
Near France
206180 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
By the way: The true collector needs a total of 17 calendars and a total of 12 so-called yearbooks to feel being complete...
And to think when I was a kid I cut the calenders up to put the pictures on my wall !!!!!
Old 3 Feb 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1514655)   #11
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome to ten-tenths rx-guru.
Will you be coming to any events here in the UK this year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
So 13 calendars and no yearbooks, I still have some way to to go, but I do have 120+ programmes, 40 videos/DVD's, and a Union Jack signed by all the drivers at the 91 ERC presentation night in Buxteheude.

I hope Mr L does'nt mind me posting a picture that shows why his calendars were so great. After seeing this picture I always wanted to go to Lousada, sadly I've not yet been.
This is the November picture from the 1993 calendar
Old 3 Feb 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1514837)   #12
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must be quite sad then, I've got no calenders or yearbooks, but 40+ videos and several hundred programmes, even some from the 70s.
Old 3 Feb 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1514919)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now then Eddie, you really have to tell us if we can get hold of any of these old calendars and years books!!

And would be interesting to hear you views on the sport as you see it now!

I remember from all those all videos either you or Johnny jumping out of the way everyy now and then from a crash!!
Old 4 Feb 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1515613)   #14
King Arthur
Racer

Scotland
North of Brighton
King Arthur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have more than 1 complete set of both books and calenders and other than Mr Welch have the most original collection of BBC master tapes of the 1980's but nobody seems interested.
Old 5 Feb 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1515864)   #15
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Arthur
I have more than 1 complete set of both books and calenders and other than Mr Welch have the most original collection of BBC master tapes of the 1980's but nobody seems interested.
Why do you say that? Are you selling them? I'm interested in those tapes for sure!
Old 5 Feb 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1515900)   #16
King Arthur
Racer

Scotland
North of Brighton
King Arthur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not selling them at the moment merely pointing out they may not be as valuable on the open market as people think. I have always said that if Rallycross ever got a proper achivist I would consider giving them / lending them to the archive.
Old 5 Feb 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1515914)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Might be a nice little earner for you if you could copy them for people though. I think you might find quite a few people on here at least would gladly hand over a few notes for some of the video footage.

I know Barrie definately has some stuff that he sells on Ebay, and if you look on there the rallycross stuff usually sells pretty well!

I have two yearbooks form 88/89, veyr good actually and extremely well put together by Eddi.
Old 5 Feb 2006, 13:04 (Ref:1515926)   #18
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I, for one, would love to see 'classic' Rallycross footage made available to all.
Old 6 Feb 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1516420)   #19
Dutch-RX
Rookie

Netherlands
Netherlands
Dutch-RX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,
I'am looking for the '82 edition of EL yearbook.
Old 6 Feb 2006, 15:24 (Ref:1516610)   #20
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Arthur
I am not selling them at the moment merely pointing out they may not be as valuable on the open market as people think. I have always said that if Rallycross ever got a proper achivist I would consider giving them / lending them to the archive.
You probably know this but...

Its worth getting some professional advice on the storage and care of these sorts of recordings. (I'm a historian and researcher by profession and often work with audio visual archives.) There are a lot of issues about the decay of even high-quality master tapes. Most of the national museums and archives are usually happy to offer free advice on things like this...

Sounds like a great collection - wonder if people at Duke would be interested?
Old 10 Feb 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1519570)   #21
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
@ WJM: Correct - the books of 1979, 1980 and the "poverty issue" of 1990 are very much sought after and score high prizes at eBay's. Some new (as never used) copies of 1984, 85, 86, 87, 88 and 89 are still in stock - as well as about 14 or 15 issues of my calendars.

@ chunder: Please don't ask to send any of these stuff by post as p&p became a huge problem over the years. If anyone is interested I could bring books and/or calendars to the 2006 ECR's of Maasmechelen and Valkenswaard, as usual.
About my "runner-up" Johnny and me taking to our heels on some videos: Who has the better reactions...?

@ silver bullet: No 2006 UK events for me. After 30+ years in the RX business I lost all interest in travelling too much.

About the Lousada pic: I'm all but glad finding my pics without prior permission in the web. However, the Lousada Schanche pic has at least a credit. By the way, the original slide is a Kodachrome 200 - and I still have the best memories to those lovely films.

@ Dutch-RX: Sorry mate, can't help you out. Just one near mint copy of 1981 left.
Old 11 Feb 2006, 17:41 (Ref:1520432)   #22
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been watching some videos of the British Rallycross GPs from the 80s and 90s I bought on ebay last week! Fandabidozy
Old 16 Feb 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1524141)   #23
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch-RX
Hi there,
I'am looking for the '82 edition of EL yearbook.
Look here: http://cgi.ebay.ie/Rallycross-Yearbo...QQcmdZViewItem - and happy bidding!
Old 16 Feb 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1524341)   #24
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought some off Mr Laumann's about a year back, fully signed an everything, lol, only missing the 1979 book.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 23:15 (Ref:1524672)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Haha Eddie you were right mate!, they are already up to a fiver before they have a few days left, you are gonna make a fair bit out of these mate I tell you!

Think the one I saw you running from was Anna wasername i the Quattro or was it the Opel in IN Cup Nurbugring in 91 perhaps!

One thing I am sure you get asked all the time is have you got a site we could check out! I am sure you might be able to still flog some pics, or have you just got fed up with the sport completely!
Apologies for asking these question, just I always really liked your pics form the wonder years and would be cool to see some we maybe havent seen over her before!