Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Dec 2001, 20:27 (Ref:187790)   #1
Marduk
Rookie

Marduk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Tapes

Anyone interested in some old F1 VHS video tapes(U.S.)? I was about to tape over them and I thought there might be an interested party who might like to acquire them. I have 8 races from '92, the entire '93 season, and 5 from '94, including the infamous San Marino race. Email me and lemme' know!
Old 22 Dec 2001, 12:20 (Ref:188692)   #2
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How quickly did these go.

And with security these days due to 11/9/2001 would they be blank by the time security scanned them??
Old 22 Dec 2001, 19:07 (Ref:188794)   #3
Marduk
Rookie

Actually, nobody gave a ****. Is the anthrax/X-ray garbage supposed to be a problem? Did the mail service say that all video tapes will be wiped out with their sterilizing machines?
Old 27 Dec 2001, 12:27 (Ref:189892)   #4
Champ69
Veteran

Not that I know of.

I guess that it is a dream to good to be true all of those races and stuff. I am taping all of the current races.

I would love to have them? but what is the deal. Postage,
cost recovery or profit. I reckon if you could sell them (before Bernnie get ya) you could get up to a grand for them.

But what eva you do do not tape over as you are sitting on living history and is would be a shame to loose.
Old 27 Dec 2001, 13:16 (Ref:189913)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Funnily enough, I've still got Imola 94 on tape. I could never bring myself to watch it again, but nor could I tape over it. Prety sad, I guess.

Old 27 Dec 2001, 13:37 (Ref:189930)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You might not be able to send them overseas. I've tried to send a CD sometime back this year, and they returned it to me with a warning.

I've have tapes from the entire seasons from 88 to 98, and some footage for the early 80's and 70's. A good private collection.
Old 28 Dec 2001, 08:42 (Ref:190280)   #7
Marduk
Rookie

Yeah, so far a few people from overseas have asked me about them but I have to stress the fact that they are NTSC and not the Euro-PAL format. I've purchased PAL tapes before and had to have them converted. It wasn't very expensive but with some 30 odd tapes that would be a hassle.

When I pulled the tapes out I sort of swallowed hard and put in Imola '94. What a rough weekend that was. I love those cars being so low and wide with the big fat slicks! But the driver's cell was so vulnerable. You could see their shoulders!

It's also fun to see the Williams FW14 start-up and see it rise off the ground like it was alive!

I'm not in it for the profit definately. I suppose I could have put them up for sale on ebay and I might get some ridiculous offer. People are selling all kinds of copyrighted material there and actually making a profit. Naw, I just want to give them to an F1 officianado and get something back for the expense of the tapes.
Old 29 Dec 2001, 12:44 (Ref:190962)   #8
Champ69
Veteran

I started watching F1 in about 1996. And the season review tapes just do not do justice to F1.

I was thinking about writing Bernie and getting him to release race packages on tape.

Friday practice
Saturday practice
Qualifing
Race

But I shall do it sometime.
Old 30 Dec 2001, 06:40 (Ref:191362)   #9
Marduk
Rookie

Yeah, I know what you mean. In fact, I wrote a letter about how I thought the coverage would be so much better if they would put rotating cameras in place of the fixed ones on the top of the air intake so an operator could follow a car as it was passing another. I think Nascar has got their coverage down pretty darn good cause their cars are festooned with cameras. Rotating ones in the cabin too.
Old 30 Dec 2001, 19:49 (Ref:191618)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wouldn't moveable camera up the areodynamics?
Old 30 Dec 2001, 20:00 (Ref:191626)   #11
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I live in the U.S. and would be interested in getting those tapes. I watched an old race from 1992 and it was pretty cool because of all the in-car stuff they showed.
Old 30 Dec 2001, 20:03 (Ref:191627)   #12
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Marduk
Yeah, so far a few people from overseas have asked me about them but I have to stress the fact that they are NTSC and not the Euro-PAL format. I've purchased PAL tapes before and had to have them converted. It wasn't very expensive but with some 30 odd tapes that would be a hassle.
How do you convert them? There are several videos that are only avaliable in Europe that I wanted, but was afraid to buy because there's a warning that they will "burn the heads on the video player".

I'm also wondering if it's possible to play a European-setting DVD on an American player.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 05:00 (Ref:191815)   #13
Marduk
Rookie

Quote:
How do you convert them? There are several videos that are only avaliable in Europe that I wanted, but was afraid to buy because there's a warning that they will "burn the heads on the video player".
Radisichrox, I found someone in the phonebook that does video editing and tape conversion. It was a home operation.

Quote:
I'm also wondering if it's possible to play a European-setting DVD on an American player.
There's a program called WinDVR. I believe it plays all kinds of DVD formats. I don't know where to get it though. I only heard about it.

Quote:
Wouldn't moveable camera **** up the areodynamics?
paulzinho, have you seen the saucer shaped dome on the top of U.S. military AWACS planes? Well they're aerodynamically "clean", that is they neither create lift, nor drag, or at least very little. Put a small one with a camera in it on the top of the airbox with a remote controlled motor to turn the saucer.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 12:58 (Ref:191905)   #14
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Ah, okay, I see. Sounds pretty cool.