Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Mar 2008, 21:04 (Ref:2150302)   #1
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race Retro 2008

Not doing anything this weekend? Well come along to Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire for this years Race Retro show. Huge collection of historic cars, and not forgetting, The BMMC stand.....Hall 2 stand A 30. See you there!
Old 13 Mar 2008, 07:34 (Ref:2150556)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on Friday.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2150740)   #3
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At £20 advanced ticket, too expensive for a casual day out. Sounds interesting though!
Old 13 Mar 2008, 12:54 (Ref:2150746)   #4
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm coming over on Saturday! Looking forward to bumping into friends.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2150947)   #5
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unable to make this year but the last three shows have been brilliant.A must for classic/historic petrolheads.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2150958)   #6
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Will be there tomorrow. Watch out for the flying wheelchair!!!!!
Old 13 Mar 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2150984)   #7
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am going on Sunday, went for the first time last year, really good show. Group B rally cars turned me into a big kid, especiallly being able to get right up to them in parc ferme. Looking forward to this year's show, got bored with Autosport after going for several year.
Old 14 Mar 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2151730)   #8
Beeny-like
Rookie

England
Wheatley, Oxfordshire
Beeny-like should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never been before - but heading up there on Sunday - it looks like a great show. See you there! Donna
Old 14 Mar 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2151737)   #9
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got back, way earlier than expected. I'd expected to have day there, but 2 or 3 hours covered it all.

Personally, I thought it was a waste of money. £25 to get in, and £5 to park in a muddy field (not even a proper car park)

The autojumble was small, although there were some good exhibits. The Lotus 95T and Capri RS3100 caught my eye.

Overall, it felt very clubby - not a £100 family day out.
Old 14 Mar 2008, 19:15 (Ref:2151865)   #10
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just goes to show opinions are funny things. I thought it was the best one yet (I've been every year) and much better value for money than the NEC.
I got there at 08-30 & left at 16-50 feeling well impressed. Said 'hi' to lots of people and did hours of networking, sorting out events later in the season. Even managed to buy a DVD & a couple of books - well done to George, Paul & Alan on the BMMC stand for sourcing autographed copies of our Presidents book @ £15. Roll on next year.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 06:01 (Ref:2152217)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
Just goes to show opinions are funny things. I thought it was the best one yet (I've been every year) and much better value for money than the NEC.
I got there at 08-30 & left at 16-50 feeling well impressed. Said 'hi' to lots of people and did hours of networking, sorting out events later in the season. Even managed to buy a DVD & a couple of books - well done to George, Paul & Alan on the BMMC stand for sourcing autographed copies of our Presidents book @ £15. Roll on next year.

I have posted in the marshall's forum,but I will repeat myself here,It was good to meet you guys yesterday,as for the presidents book,I got my copie[The tight git charged the full whack but at least a percentage is going to a very good cause]!All that time on the stand? At least it was'nt raining.
Old 16 Mar 2008, 18:52 (Ref:2153965)   #12
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spent Saturday on the BMMC stand. A few marshals came and said hello(some twice), also we sold quite a number of '' El Presidente's '' book Whizzo. Had plenty of time to look around too. Personally I thought the show well presented and had something for everyone, bearing in mind at who it was aimed at. Look forward to next year.