Old 18 Aug 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2270989)   #1
Armchair Enthusiast
Rookie

United Kingdom
Towcester
Armchair Enthusiast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport Distributors

Hey Guys,

This topic might get moved to a different forum or removed altogether, as it may possibly be considered "advertising", but I would it seems like we have a large amount of multi-national people registered on this site, and I would like to see that geographical nowledge get put to use.

I therefore propose we create a list of distributors in each country around the world where we can buy motorsport products.

Now the benefit of this will be for those who get caught short, on event, without a vital piece of kit, and do not want their registration, travel and ancillary costs getting wasted. I feel we should also only list those who have a great background in technical support and a wide product range.

I will start proceedings by suggesting:

UK - Demon Tweeks
Germany - ISA Racing
Australia - V-Sport
Old 19 Aug 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2271566)   #2
Armchair Enthusiast
Rookie

United Kingdom
Towcester
Armchair Enthusiast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, obviously this is not as important as I originally thought it to be. Oh well......
Old 19 Aug 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2271587)   #3
minifox
Racer

England
milton keynes
minifox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
uk-grand prix racewear
Old 19 Aug 2008, 16:25 (Ref:2271630)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Enthusiast
OK, obviously this is not as important as I originally thought it to be. Oh well......
Not really, simply because if we're in Germany we'll be racing and someone will be there from that distributor. If you need to build a car at a circuit, you've really not done your preparation very well.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2271696)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
on event, surely you just ask around the paddock until you find what you need, or someone who can point you in the direction of a local supplier.
I once bought a big clutch for a Midget from one of the Caterham teams at the Nurburgring, and another UK racer got a Frenchman to chase all over Dijon with him on a Saturday to find a wheel bearing for his Shuttle trailer.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 18:26 (Ref:2271709)   #6
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are so many parts distributores of different products around the world. Plus some ppl LIKE certain distibutors were someone else may not.

Not to mention the internet, many many parts can be purchased ON line for less money too.

Some distibutors provided discounts for certain race series or contigancy sponsorship ( you win you get free stuff ).

I have my preferd places to purchase basic things, plus contignacy sponsors, where I purchase other items.

And as some has mentioned, just walk around a paddock. Some one always has something for sale
Old 19 Aug 2008, 18:43 (Ref:2271727)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Pretty pointless thread really then.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2271739)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
perhaps for the original intention, but building up a list of distributors is not a bad idea. Otherwise everyone just uses Demon Tweaks! Actually, I admit to being a (anti-)DT snob (pointlessly), but if I need something quickly I do know they'll deliver. Now they have me on file it is so easy to order too.

I've used Merlin Motorsport (www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk) in the past.