Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 6 Apr 2008, 18:25 (Ref:2171534)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Irish Formula Libre - 6th April

Remember the song that went something like "pretty little April showers?"

Well they weren't particularly pretty today. Sun, Rain, Hail, Sleet, all in the one hour.

Anyways, thanks for two good races today guys, very entertaining even in practise. How many times did JF spin at Dunlop?

Cracking starts from where I was sitting (about 50' behind ye!) and from what EP tells me it was great out in the country too!

Let's hope the rest of the year is as good.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2172019)   #2
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
How many times did JF spin at Dunlop?
I think it was three for him and once for Dan! It seemed to me to be purely down to the freezing temperature. No way were tyres going to heat up in even two laps.
Intersting to note that nearly all the front runners posted their best times at the very end of the session when a bit of heat finally crept into the tyres.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 09:08 (Ref:2172020)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne
I think it was three for him and once for Dan! It seemed to me to be purely down to the freezing temperature. No way were tyres going to heat up in even two laps.
I didn't heat up all day!
Old 7 Apr 2008, 09:15 (Ref:2172026)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
you were sitting on the bus or in the med centre you big wuss. I was the one that was out in the fecking sleet!

I thought it was great racing under the circumstances and I was very pleased to see all the cars out together. I don't think 2 races would have worked to be honest - mind you with the weather conditions the way they were, I don't think anyone was performing to their best.

What happened to the Matheson mobile does anyone know?
Old 7 Apr 2008, 09:22 (Ref:2172033)   #5
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know what happened to Eamon, but I believe Sylvie Mullins ran out of fuel. Were you out at Duckhams EP? I was watching from the stand where everyone seemed to think that there was contact between Dan and Fiddles. It looked to me like he went off on his own.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 09:26 (Ref:2172035)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
I can never keep up with what bonkers car he has, they seem to get crazier (and faster!) all the time. I heard at Kirky it's a new car for this year, so perhaps his smoking hasn't fumigated out the gremlins in it yet!
Old 7 Apr 2008, 09:38 (Ref:2172043)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
What's Duckhams? I never take any notice of the corner names!

I was on Delta 5 which is the exit out of the first corner.

I looked like this

I'm not sure which incident you're referring to. Although if I was, I wouldn't be able to comment on it here!

All I will say is that I didn't see anything personally that required a written report for driving standards for the entire day - not just the Libre racing but for all the classes. Everyone seemed amazingly well behaved!

That being said, that was at my post - other posts probably had a different view and different things going on!

Also, I was rather busy trying to a) keep an eye on blue flags; b) keep an eye on my sector and the next post for yellow flags and c) not fall off the post due to high winds, sleet and ice!
Old 7 Apr 2008, 09:44 (Ref:2172048)   #8
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
What's Duckhams? I never take any notice of the corner names!

I was on Delta 5 which is the exit out of the first corner.

I looked like this
Lol In the old days, Delta 5 was called BOAC. I presume then that Delta 6 is what people refer to as "out the country" aka Duckhams and later Budweiser!
Old 7 Apr 2008, 09:47 (Ref:2172052)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Delta 6 is Hole in the Hedge - we don't use that except for RallyX.

It goes Delta 3 (under the bridge); Delta 4 (first corner); Delta 5 (usually known as Wiggins Pier for some reason - exit of D4 and by the tunnel into the back gate); Delta 8 and 10 (entrance and exit to Turn 3); Delta 11 (flag post under the tree at hole in the hedge); Delta 12 (big fecking gravel trap!); Delta 27 (at the PDC); Delta 28 (last corner); Delta 29 (exit flag for last corner on the main straight).
Old 7 Apr 2008, 10:02 (Ref:2172068)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Delta 5 (usually known as Wiggins Pier for some reason - exit of D4 and by the tunnel into the back gate)
'cos with the scaffolding and standing out "over the edge" you're on Wigan Pier!
Old 8 Apr 2008, 15:08 (Ref:2173227)   #11
stealth1
Rookie

stealth1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anyways, thanks for two good races today guys, very entertaining even in practice

Glad you enjoyed it. Well done ALL you guys ‘n girls in orange for braving the elements … except for MagnetOn and his broom who’ve been ratted out by the sound of things!!

Quote:
How many times did JF spin at Dunlop?

“More times than a washing machine” to use his own quote!

Quote:
Intersting to note that nearly all the front runners posted their best times at the very end of the session when a bit of heat finally crept into the tyres.

Dan Dare and Mick Roche did theirs on thier 5th and 6th laps respectively … proper drivers!!

Quote:

Broke a rose joint on the gear linkage …..

Quote:
I believe Sylvie Mullins ran out of fuel

Sushshshsh!! Was seen walking sheepishly round the paddock afterwards!! Have to admit it happened me once when heading for a podium finish in a Formula Ford race … nothing as gutting

Quote:
It looked to me like he went off on his own

That’s what I heard too