Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Mar 2008, 02:04 (Ref:2141926)   #1
foedude
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
foedude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supercar Drivers must step up !

In motor racing the accidents that happen on track are the subject of scruitiny and opinion of every fan, at long last at the Clipsal we saw a driving standards official with the balls to let the drivers get on with it (with the exception of the S Johnstone incident), but all we got was a lot of bs from them, from my point of view Murphy, Lowndes, Tander and Courtney among others showed a total lack of race craft lacking the skills drivers of their experience should have at their finger tips. Perhaps its time to introduce Fines where the driver at fault pays the damage cost of the other team, any ideas ???
Old 2 Mar 2008, 02:27 (Ref:2141932)   #2
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think VESA are to blame for this - they have built a system where the drivers can hide behind the Standards advisor's decree and have blame layed on someone for their own lack of "courtesy" or "racecraft".

Adelaide, 2001. Skaife/Lowndes. Both fought hard and clashed, Lowndes came off second best. No whinging, both agreed it was "fair" from memory. I think if that same incident occured in 06/07, one of them would have been pinged for not leaving racing room.

From the weekend, everyone involved whinged that the "DSA" should have stepped in - it sounds alot like a footy match, with the players screaming "The ref didn't see that penalty!!!". Come on guys!

Fines are probably better than points or penalties. But ultimately, when a driver does not wish to yield a place and makes it hard, if you fall over each other, it's really your own lack of regard for your own well being that is being punished when you smash (Lowndes/Courtney#2). In saying that, there are of course times when someone is a little too optimistic (Lowdnes/Courtney #1) - those moves should be penalised.
Old 2 Mar 2008, 08:11 (Ref:2141969)   #3
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While the general media have hyped up the "Blame Game" (Driver A blames Driver B, then a few days later the PR men say theyve "spoken and cleared the air") I think the clearest view on it was Chris Lambdens column in Motorsport enews last week which says that the drivers are v highly paid to make correct decisions under pressure (like airline pilots) but in this case both Lowndes and Courtney made bad decisions, either could have avoided what happened. he also backs Mezera's call for drivers to use there intelligence and put there egos to one side, AND race. I agree 100%. V sensible, a good read. enews.mnews.com.au
Old 2 Mar 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2142013)   #4
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator22
Chris Lambden's column in Motorsport enews last week which says that the drivers are v highly paid to make correct decisions under pressure (like airline pilots)

Sorry mate, my wing was level with your cockpit, it was MY runway.

I don't know why Clerks of Course waste time yelling at Formula Ford drivers. The good ones that crash a lot will end up in a V8 behaving even worse.
Old 2 Mar 2008, 12:37 (Ref:2142172)   #5
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this sport is ego central always has and they are never at fault, the DSO had the nads to let them play and they didn't like it just like they didn't like when they were penalised for every bump, you will never please everyone, from the fans point of view Clipsal was great. although i feel that some did push the fine line in what is acceptable which is good everyone would sook if they were soft cocks and were all causious etc.
Old 2 Mar 2008, 14:56 (Ref:2142272)   #6
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA
Sorry mate, my wing was level with your cockpit, it was MY runway
Haha, i almost choked after reading that
Old 2 Mar 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2142312)   #7
wills
Racer

wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all like a bit of argy bargy here and there, I was suprised to not see Courtney and Lownes exchange a few blows after that crash.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 01:29 (Ref:2142881)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a shame it wasn't Murph and Marcos then i'm sure there would of been blows exchanged.