Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jul 2001, 15:27 (Ref:120588)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Biggest surprise

to go along with my other post ..who has been a real surprise this year ..I think there has been a few guys up there that have really done well..Steven johnson has proved he is worthy of his fathers mantle ..allthough you should include the rat as well..but he would have been up the front anyway ..Lowndes has done very well this year as well ..but the last few rounds has fallen back a little bit..Paul morris in the last few rounds has been a breathe of fresh air..and of the back of the field i have been impressed with cam mcConville of late ..steadilly improving for the Lansvale guys.

who has impressed you so far in 2001 ?
Old 23 Jul 2001, 23:49 (Ref:120796)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcus Ambrose - what an outstanding "rookie season" he is having. Compare his results to Baird in the same seat last year. All Baird did was cry he didn't know the tracks where as Ambrose has just gotten on with it and gotten results.

Also as mentioned above McConville and especially Morris have surprised as well.
Old 24 Jul 2001, 02:13 (Ref:120853)   #3
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcus Ambrose tops my list. I do not like him much as he brushed me off in Canberra but I was drunk at the time,THE boy can drive.

Do you remember at Melbourne when he qualified very well and some drivers said he made a shortcut, I think he has proved them wrong.
Old 24 Jul 2001, 02:35 (Ref:120867)   #4
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ambrose, Little Dick, Paul Morris and especially Cam McConville. Cam's finally starting to show his potential.

I reckon Dean Canto's been quite impressive (especially in Adelaide).

Last edited by mac; 24 Jul 2001 at 02:37.
Old 24 Jul 2001, 02:47 (Ref:120873)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i would have to say that at the start of the season steve johnson wasnt worthy of his drive, he has done brilliantly this year , aswell as marcus ambrose and todd kelly.......

paul morris has done well in 1 round - lets hope big kev can continue the momentum
Old 25 Jul 2001, 00:25 (Ref:121343)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Certainly Little Dick and Ambrose have firmly pulled their fingers out this year, I'm not sure if that is a surprise....certainly Morris winning won a surprise. Lowndes has been surprising in places. As far as McConville goes, I don't think he is all that surprising, more the fact that the Lansvale boys have scewed together their first car in a long while, and it is a top 10 runner. Kudos
Old 1 Aug 2001, 03:28 (Ref:124568)   #7
HoldenAngel
Rookie

HoldenAngel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess no matter which side you support, you have to say Little Dick is really a big surprise for this year. His training over the break have certainly helped him out in the car (sustainability). I also think that Paul Morris is coming good at the right time, coming up to some big point rounds. The rest of the season will bring us some fine racing and a few upsets!
Old 1 Aug 2001, 05:59 (Ref:124596)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, Little Dick certainly has his finger pulled out this season....he drove brilliantly at Bathurst last year, and came very close to winning it. I think all of the flack he coped last year fired him up.

But did you notice with Morris that he was back where he normally is last weekend....qualifying is just so important.
Old 4 Aug 2001, 01:08 (Ref:125723)   #9
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must admit haven't been all that suprised with Morris, ability wise he is right up there with the leading drivers, i feel it's the teams lack of data etc which is slowing him down, and the same goes for our new man Craig.As for lil Dick, top marks , he has really come into his own this year and i for one couldn't be happier. Ambrose has also been very impressive.