Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Mar 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2642577)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting Red Bull article

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81787

"Only title will suffice"

Although the article title is somewhat strong, it does make you wonder. Are teams expectations becoming too tight/optimistic? Is it a case of if we do not meet our target, we're out (alá BMW)?

Of course, I understand Red Bull is not a manufacturer, therefore does not have to consider the publics opinion of their automobiles, but they are still a company very much in the public eye regardless of what they sell.

Thoughts?

Selby
Old 1 Mar 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2642712)   #2
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't pick up a sense that redbull are going to pull out if they don't get a title just that they are now a genuine top team whose goal should be the title, when they first came into f1 just being up in the points would of been the goal

Out of all the teams I would think they are the most committed with two teams effectively and this would also make it more difficult to just pull up stumps and sell out as they would need to offload two teams worth of stuff...
Old 1 Mar 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2642715)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
You should make it clear that you're quoting the headline there, not Dietrich Mateschitz.

What the Austrian actually said was:

Quote:
"We have realistic expectations that of course progressed each year. Last year we wanted to finish among the top three teams, which we achieved.

"This year we have to fight for the championship because we belong to the three fastest teams. The rest is not dependent on us but on FIA decisions, driver errors, reliability, safety car periods and so on."

"Now we have to continue where we finished last year. There is no guarantee for the championship, but it is a target."
Which is a bit different to "only title will suffice".
Old 1 Mar 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2642721)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!

Although the article title is somewhat strong...

---

That's what I was referring to, that the title of the article was a little strong.

Selby
Old 1 Mar 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2642728)   #5
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Ah right, ignore me.

Sorry.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2642781)   #6
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said in another thread here, I wouldn't really consider Red Bull and underdog any more. They probably were last season as nobody really expected them to be as successful as they were, but I'd say they'd now established themselves of one of the real front runners. Of course now being a front runner you've got to perform and seeing as Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes (under a different name) have all won titles in recent years, it is now time for Red Bull to perform. In my eyes, anything less than last year will be an disappointment. Perhaps they are setting their targets too high, but based on anything that can be taken from recent testing, you certainly would be foolish to right them out of the championship fight.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2642877)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quality journalism from Autosport there.