Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Jun 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2897801)   #1
Charlyw001
Rookie

Charlyw001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Abingdon Car'nival

As a Junior Official at the weekends Abingdon Car'nival I personally would like to say what an amazing job all the marshals did and really great job done yesterday during the down pour that lasted all day.

Charlotte Windsor [Trainee Environmental Scrutineer]
Old 13 Jun 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2897952)   #2
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Charlotte,

Glad you enjoyed the event - one of my "must do" dates every year!

Weather was better than expected on Saturday - nice quiet day on the finish line of the Bentley sprint course.

Sunday was certainly damp. I got to play on the far end of the compound this year (posts 12-14) and was rewarded by some pretty spectacular car control over the grass for stages 3-6. Some of the expressions on the drivers' faces pretty clearly indicated what they thought of trying to get their tarmac tyres through the muddy bit. Nice to get the odd smile, thumbs up or "sorry" as they kept me going flat out rebuilding the outside line of sticks & tape.

Always great to meet up with the old circuitmarshal.com friends (plus new recruits!). We were also one of the few areas to have our radio crew mucking in all day long on the wet outside of their vehicle - Cheers Wayne & Sue!

Great shame to lose car 1 so early on - I hope the marshal's car didn't suffer too badly from stopping their runaway wheel for them.

Looking forward to some piccies appearing elsewhere later, plus the dates for 2012 of course . . .
Old 14 Jun 2011, 12:04 (Ref:2898776)   #3
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the Chief Marshal is not on this forum as his Deputy I would like to say a very big thank you to all marshals on the event.
Each year one of the officials gets the Stowford Trophy which is from Stowford House they are the recipients of part of the funds raised over the weekend and also do the hog roast and Bar B Q.
The Stowford Trophy this year was awarded to ALL the Marshals as there is only one pot you will receive a picture of it with your thank you email!