Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 9 Dec 2011, 17:25 (Ref:2997645)   #1
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why TWO magazines from the MSA?

A week ago, the MSA magazine arrived by post.
Today, the MSA Newsletter by email.

When it's my licence fee that pays for this, it's annoying to have two seperate journals. They do different jobs, but my daily newspaper has different sections for different types of news.
Email is so much cheaper - Please MSA, send the magazine by email too!

John
Old 12 Dec 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2998777)   #2
RPD Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
RPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant agree moreon the cheaper and eco message! That said it is nice to be able to have an archive of them as a reccored of rule changes and court proceedings!
Old 12 Dec 2011, 21:32 (Ref:2998927)   #3
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's why:

Dear John
Many thanks for your email.

As you indicated in your note, the quarterly magazine and monthly newsletter are designed to do different jobs. And while we understand that some more forward-thinking members would be very happy to receive the magazine in electronic format, I am afraid that many more would not find this acceptable.

There is also an important regulatory role performed by the magazine in that it carries the regulation changes as they are confirmed as well as the reports of the National Court - and the onward communication of these items is part of the regulatory and judicial process of the MSA. In other words, we HAVE to send everyone a copy, even if three people live at the same address. It is the same with regard to the Blue Book.

Your fees pays for a number of things – the administration of the sport, the creation of a level playing field for competitors and a judicial system to resolve disputes, the safety and risk management processes (including venue inspections) that ensure that as far as possible you are able to benefit from the sport’s excellent safety record, the development of the sport to secure its future growth to ensure that you have someone to compete against, the Public Liability insurance cover for you as a competitor, the co-ordination and training for the volunteer officials and marshals trying to keep you safe and the insurance cover that in turn protects these volunteers. On top of that, we run a communications service to keep all our members up to date with what is going on both within the sport and within the MSA.

There are many different audiences within the motor sport community. Aside from the headlining race/rally/kart fraternities, we also have a variety of other disciplines including autocross, rallycross, sprint, hillclimb, autotest, autosolo, car trials, sporting trials, drag racing and historics. Then there are rally marshals, race marshals, stewards, clerks, scrutineers, timekeepers, medics, rescue crews, etc. On top of that, we have venues, events, organisers, teams, sponsors and championships. Then we have in excess of 750 motor clubs and 13 Regional Associations.

You will appreciate that it is not feasible, nor to take your financial point, economically viable for us to segment the audience to such an extent. I would therefore offer my apologies that you may receive some information that is not entirely pertinent to your chosen discipline, but I hope that you will understand why this might be.

If you would like further information about the work of the MSA, you will find all the details in the latest Annual Report online at: http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/m...s/MSA_2011.pdf . If you would prefer a hard copy, please let me know!

With very best regards
Ben Taylor
Director of Development and Communications
The Royal Automobile Club Motor Sports Association Limited
T: 01753 765002
M: 07866 449940
www.msauk.org

Top marks, Ben, for a proactive answer!
John