Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jan 2012, 02:25 (Ref:3018715)   #1
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA GT3 homologation - no Nissan or McLaren

I noticed that the Nissan and McLaren are not listed as homologated for GT3 in the FIA list published on 5 Jan 2012.

The Nissan press releases mention GT3 'compliant' not approved.

What is going on? Will it happen?

Will the Camaros happen? or will they be local homologation only?
Old 30 Jan 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3018785)   #2
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
I noticed that the Nissan and McLaren are not listed as homologated for GT3 in the FIA list published on 5 Jan 2012.

The Nissan press releases mention GT3 'compliant' not approved.

What is going on? Will it happen?

Will the Camaros happen? or will they be local homologation only?
Do any new GT3 homologations for this season need to have been done by the time that list was issued, or are there still some to come?
If so, and Nissan, McLaren and whoever is behind the Camaro have time to complete the homologation process before the start of the season, it's presumably not a problem.

On the other hand, if they've somehow missed the boat, there are going to be some fairly unhappy customers!

Blancpain presumably allows some kind of waiver or local homologation, as both the McLaren and Nissan must have run unhomologated last year...?
Old 30 Jan 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3018917)   #3
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Have either been 'balanced' by Msr. Bouchut down at Ricard, yet? I'm not sure if it's considered as homologated until that is done?
Old 30 Jan 2012, 15:10 (Ref:3018944)   #4
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon you're right on the mark with that Tim- I haven't taken a look at the list Racenut mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised if Aston's new GT3 Vantage isn't another one missing from the list.

All three are listed amongst the eligible cars in SRO's 2012 season brochure... (last item on the list, titled 2012 presentation)
http://gt3europe.com/downloads.php

....so I think we can assume all's well so far on the homologation of them
Old 30 Jan 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3019103)   #5
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Aston is not on the list either, but there is still time before the first race. The next homologation date is mid feb.
It just seems wierd that with all the talk about Mac last year that they havent completed homologation already... and Nissan says 'compliant'. But if they have entered the world series then you would assume they are working on it.