Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give F1's return?
7 5 17.24%
5 7 24.14%
3 2 6.90%
2 0 0%
10 0 0%
8 3 10.34%
4 3 10.34%
6 9 31.03%
1 0 0%
9 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Aug 2022, 06:46 (Ref:4123927)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Belgian Grand Prix 2022

What score do you give F1's return?
Old 28 Aug 2022, 16:06 (Ref:4124033)   #2
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It wasn't a cracker of race, though it had some moments, particularity at the beginning but it was an enjoyable race and is what was needed to kick start the season after the break. 7

I see the random scoring order is still here.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4124044)   #3
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
I'll give it a 5. It’ was okay, especially at the start, but became rather boring for large stretches in the middle and near the end.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 19:54 (Ref:4124067)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not the best Spa race but will give it a 6 i think
Old 28 Aug 2022, 20:09 (Ref:4124070)   #5
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Pretty dull. Yes there were overtakes, but mainly due to the massively over powerful DRS. The impressive Double Ocon Double overtakes were the hilight for me.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 20:45 (Ref:4124076)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A generous 6. Not a great race with quite ridiculous DRS on the Kemmel straight. A race won by Verstappen from way back with embarrassing ease.
Old 28 Aug 2022, 21:45 (Ref:4124084)   #7
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!

I noticed the poll options are in random order again.

Can that be fixed please??
Old 28 Aug 2022, 22:36 (Ref:4124086)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
After the cracking first few corners, large sections of the race featured naff all happening only for Ocon to go and ruin my lack of enjoyment with 2 superb double passes. Bravo!
Old 28 Aug 2022, 22:55 (Ref:4124089)   #9
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would normally say a 5 or 6, but gave it a 7 because... Spa

Richard
Old 29 Aug 2022, 03:55 (Ref:4124098)   #10
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with Richard Casto, 7, Spa.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 07:45 (Ref:4124113)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
6. With a mixed grid we had the ingredients for an exciting race, but just became another walkover for Max. At least we had some battling lower down.

But further proof we need to get rid of DRS. Cars were just blasting by others on the runup to Les Combes, meaning there was no suspense. Why put it in places where passing will happen anyway?

Still, at least we got a race unlike last year and it's also good news this great circuit will be on the calendar for another year
Old 29 Aug 2022, 07:57 (Ref:4124120)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

I noticed the poll options are in random order again.

Can that be fixed please??
I've asked if a mod can take a look at it....
Old 29 Aug 2022, 09:39 (Ref:4124133)   #13
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
The opening laps were brilliant Max charge from nowhere to the front is one to remember.
It got a bit quiet at the front once SuperMax had his lead, but the mid pack battles, the pit strategies, George Vs the Ferraris, and waiting to see what the Scuderia would stuff up (and they didnt disappoint) all made for an entertaining race... Sometimes its not about the fight for 1st
Old 29 Aug 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4124149)   #14
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've asked if a mod can take a look at it....
Thanks.
It was random for a few races, then for Hungary it was OK, now random again...
Old 29 Aug 2022, 14:17 (Ref:4124175)   #15
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
@Born Racer the poll is unsorted again.

This was a snoozer of a race. Amazingly for Spa to serve us such a boring race. I think we needed the rain we usually get there.

Sure, there were some moves, but most of them where DRS moves that frankly looked ridiculous.

I voted a generous 4.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 14:38 (Ref:4124182)   #16
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wish Hamilton hadn't made that totally brain dead move on Alonso, as it kind of nullified some of the strategy of tire choices and suchlike. I think it was sensible of him to admit it was his mistake, and I totally understand why Alonso blew of some steam. Frankly, has Hamilton forgotten that Alonso doesn't like him very much? When I looked at the F2 races, I got the impression that being in that place in that corner really did not work well.

I was a bit puzzled by how Leclerc handled Perez when he was coming up behind him on the Kemmel straight. Again I compared to the F2 races and I wondered why Leclerc did not positioned his car to the right on the road coming that straight. I think it looks like you really don't get past at the end of that straight if you go on the outside. But, maybe I'm talking total nonsense there.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 14:48 (Ref:4124183)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
with so much of the lap on full throttle combined with the track layout (which i also assume means the DRS zones will be that much more powerful?), i felt myself wondering what if anything they could do to change the dynamic of this track.

of course these would be artificial changes, but found myself wondering would it be better if the cars lapped here slower? make this a track where you can only use one compound?

gave it a 5. i know its Spa but that also makes it more boring when they come here and the racing falls flat.

no doubt Max is on fire and between his confidence and his car, no one is stopping him....but you give him a set of softs to start the race with and he will shred everyone ahead of him on the harder (or in this case the medium) compound.

not sure where i am going with this rant but if we want places like Spa to stay on the calendar (without them having to turn the place into a mini superbowl), then perhaps we need to be more amenable about having different rule sets at different venues based on the characteristics of those tracks? in this case, maybe different tire usage rules?
Old 29 Aug 2022, 14:50 (Ref:4124184)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I wish Hamilton hadn't made that totally brain dead move on Alonso, as it kind of nullified some of the strategy of tire choices and suchlike...
fair point. Ham's mistake, took a bit of my interest away early on and no doubt clouded my opinion on the race overall.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 14:58 (Ref:4124187)   #19
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
fair point. Ham's mistake, took a bit of my interest away early on and no doubt clouded my opinion on the race overall.

It definitely put me in a less than enthusiastic mode. I'm not sure I would have rated it much higher, but who knows.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 15:00 (Ref:4124188)   #20
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
with so much of the lap on full throttle combined with the track layout (which i also assume means the DRS zones will be that much more powerful?), i felt myself wondering what if anything they could do to change the dynamic of this track.

of course these would be artificial changes, but found myself wondering would it be better if the cars lapped here slower? make this a track where you can only use one compound?

gave it a 5. i know its Spa but that also makes it more boring when they come here and the racing falls flat.

no doubt Max is on fire and between his confidence and his car, no one is stopping him....but you give him a set of softs to start the race with and he will shred everyone ahead of him on the harder (or in this case the medium) compound.

not sure where i am going with this rant but if we want places like Spa to stay on the calendar (without them having to turn the place into a mini superbowl), then perhaps we need to be more amenable about having different rule sets at different venues based on the characteristics of those tracks? in this case, maybe different tire usage rules?

Yeah, it felt really bad that it was such a snoozer at Spa. It usually delivers.

Having different rules on different tracks isn't actually such a bad idea. I'm not sure it could save Monaco, but maybe Spa.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 15:31 (Ref:4124192)   #21
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I would normally say a 5 or 6, but gave it a 7 because... Spa

Richard
Exactly my feelings. I really hope Spa stays on the calendar.
I don't like the artificiality of DRS and wish it would be junked for all circuits but particularly Spa.
What on earth were Ferrari thinking with Leclerc at the end. I'm surprised he agreed to it (assuming it wasn't his idea).

Last edited by morninggents; 29 Aug 2022 at 15:37.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 15:38 (Ref:4124194)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
It definitely put me in a less than enthusiastic mode. I'm not sure I would have rated it much higher, but who knows.

I know what you mean. It's always a bit of a dampener, when one of the top drivers goes out so early in the race. I was looking forward to seeing how Verstappen and Hamilton might have played out but it wasn't to be.