Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Nov 2001, 14:10 (Ref:171891)   #1
Cole Trickle
Rookie

Cole Trickle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carlin Cars Braking System?

Does anybody knows how or why the carlin boyz have been able to brake so late this season. Compare to any-body else?
Old 8 Nov 2001, 16:08 (Ref:171968)   #2
Sid The Manager
Racer

Sid The Manager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somebody has already mentioned in another Thread about F3 that they heard a rumour about a special braking system on the Carlin cars.
I don't know how it could be achieved though.
Old 9 Nov 2001, 11:03 (Ref:172416)   #3
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

To understand where this came from - check out the recent posts on the 'who will win macau' thread.

There was a discussion about flames from the Carlin cars, then I suggested that from what I'd seen trackside the Carlin boys just pushed harder and braked later than everyone else - flames were just a load of hot air(!) (or uncombusted fuel, touching a red-hot exhaust, as I was later corrected)

So cole trickle suggested that they may have an illegal braking system now. Sigh.

Braking late IMO is the single best indicator of a drivers commitment, skill and feel. You can't just stab the brakes on a given line and be suprised you lock up! Taking tyres to their limit of friction in all different directions is an art form.

its been said Davidson can brake later than Sato - perhaps Davidson has a better illegal braking system than Sato, eh cole? takuma won't be pleased!
Old 9 Nov 2001, 11:21 (Ref:172419)   #4
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

And there was me thinking there were knowledgable F3 motor racing enthusiasts out there! 'Cole' really...didn't you look at Davidon's right foot at PAU? it's HUGE! First thing that Trevor Carlin asks a new driver "whats your shoe size"? He only employs drivers with a large right foot! Sato has a very large left foot aswell! because he brakes with his left foot sometimes!
Old 9 Nov 2001, 17:42 (Ref:172574)   #5
old skool
Rookie

old skool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
carlin cars braking system????!!!

yeah. 2 right mate.
Old 22 Nov 2001, 11:40 (Ref:177660)   #6
Cole Trickle
Rookie

Cole Trickle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Who talked about illegal braking system!!!
The thing is all about technical interest and try to find how mechanically they can achieve a such level of performance, never said anybody was cheating. This topic is nothing about defending or arguying about drivers.
Then just to inform you both Takuma and anthony are left foot braking.
Sorry that you were wrong.
Old 23 Nov 2001, 11:36 (Ref:178047)   #7
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Carlin Cars braking System?

Sato brakes with both, Davidson brakes with his right actually.
Old 23 Nov 2001, 11:57 (Ref:178060)   #8
Sid The Manager
Racer

Rennen

I can't mail you, because you have blocked it, but whereabouts do you instruct?

I'm only asking because I know a lot of instructors, so we may know each other.
Old 23 Nov 2001, 12:08 (Ref:178065)   #9
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire

Sorry Sid, It would spoil my fun to uncloak! why have you stopped guessing at the formula for Young Driver?
New clue for you on that thread coming up.
Old 23 Nov 2001, 13:22 (Ref:178083)   #10
Sid The Manager
Racer

Sorry Rennen,

Been in the States working the last couple of weeks, so lost the plot a bit.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 22:20 (Ref:179555)   #11
farcnield

i am sorry but what a load of arse this topic is!! Illegal brakes do guys not know anything about F3 man these cars are well over braked as it is, and Carlins guys were not braking late last year, they were however much faster at the end of the straight which in principle is due to more engine power, therefore allowing greater aero down force to be used without detrimental effect and so on !
But brakes please !!!!!

farc.

Old 28 Nov 2001, 17:48 (Ref:179844)   #12
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Carlin Cars Braking Systems?

You're right about the brake 'systems'! But wrong about Carlin having more power! All Niel Brown's customers can all view the data of the motors, if there was an advantage they would have demanded it too! Journalists of both AS & MN both acknowledged the late braking of Carlin's drivers throughout the season. Why can't people face the simple fact... that this was Carlin's year! They had the best setup's more often than the other teams... the favourite & most experienced No1 driver and their No2 driver 'a rookie' just kept improving, as he did last year!
Old 28 Nov 2001, 22:16 (Ref:179955)   #13
farcnield

I am sorry but that again is arse!
The information that you get from neil brown cannot show the torque or the power being developed!!!!!!
To any engineer it is very visible !!!
Farc.

Old 29 Nov 2001, 09:25 (Ref:180083)   #14
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by farcnield
I am sorry but that again is arse!
The information that you get from neil brown cannot show the torque or the power being developed!!!!!!
To any engineer it is very visible !!!
Farc.
Yeah - that was really visible in Korea! Given Carlin's massive extra power and downforce, how do you explain the team's Lamentable performance in Korea, eh Mr.Engineer? Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with the blokes twiddling the steering wheel and pressing the pedals. But then im not an engineer.
Old 29 Nov 2001, 10:23 (Ref:180100)   #15
The Fan
Rookie

The Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do people always see? others cheating when there are quicker? The technical scrutineers will be able to detect an illegal breaking system (very difficult to dissimulate). An do not forget that F3 rules aloy more then other Junior Formula. But I have to admit I only saw a British F3 race once this year.
Old 29 Nov 2001, 11:05 (Ref:180117)   #16
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire

If only you knew who some of us actually are 'Farc' and what a laugh you gave us!
Old 29 Nov 2001, 16:26 (Ref:180216)   #17
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Carlin Cars Braking System?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
If only you knew who some of us actually are 'Farc' and what a laugh you gave us!
oh my god what a tease!!!!!! i wanna know who you are now!!!!