Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Nov 2001, 21:16 (Ref:179529)   #1
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help needed

I am doing research into the FIA GT series and need help with a few drivers names(have not finished going through each round).

GT1 = Hackl, Widmann, Fielder

GT2 = Ward, Poulain, Owen, Plattier, Schwach, Seikel, Jodexnis, Jerish

Can anyone give me the first names of those drivers?
Old 27 Nov 2001, 22:09 (Ref:179550)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know of Herve (with acute accent on last e) Poulain. Jodexnis is the only other name I particularly recognise, but I'd have to check the first name out.
Old 28 Nov 2001, 21:42 (Ref:179936)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've not come up with any other names, but Herve Poulain has raced at Le Mans 11 times since his first visit in 1975 in a BMW 3.0CSL. He's now coming up 61 years old. He last raced at Le Mans in 1998 in a 911 GT2 with Eric Graham and Jean-Luc Maury-Laribiere for Haberthur Racing. They finished 20th.

As an aside, Poulain is a bit of a car artist, having been responsible for the artwork on BMW's which raced at Le Mans in '75, '76, '77 and '79 and Venturi in '94.
Old 28 Nov 2001, 21:54 (Ref:179943)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Its got to be him, cos he shared the car with Graham in the series too.

After much searching, I only need Fielder and Owen.
Old 28 Nov 2001, 22:00 (Ref:179947)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry, hakkiman, my info sources are largely Le Mans-based, and I can't find any record of anyone by the name of Owen or Fielder racing there in the last 16 years. (Except Lindsay Owen-Jones, of course, and I guess it's probably not him?).
Old 28 Nov 2001, 22:09 (Ref:179950)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've just done a Google search and have come up with a few references to a Peter Owen including

http://www.sportscarchampionship.com...=drivers&ID=34

I did the same for Fielder and got just one reference to a race 2 or 3 years ago, but his (or is it her?!) first name wasn't mentioned in the race report.

If you do the same, i.e. FIA GT Championship Owen in Google, you'll see what other details I got and you can work out if it is your man.

BW's
Old 28 Nov 2001, 22:15 (Ref:179954)   #7
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Thanx for all your help