Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

View Poll Results: Who makes the best 1/43 die cast models?
IXO 3 37.50%
Minichamps 5 62.50%
AutoART 0 0%
Other [Please state] 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Dec 2001, 23:43 (Ref:183144)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who makes the best 1/43 Die Casts?

I think that ixo [formerly vitesse group] make the best, as there is more internal detail.
Old 7 Dec 2001, 02:41 (Ref:183168)   #2
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is really too close to call for me. I have both company's Audi R8's and the minichamps might be about 5% better. But since value must be considered into the equasion, the minichamps isn't $15 US nicer.

IXO has made some wonderful models in the past. Their rondeaus were ugly, but they were sure beautifully done. The list is just way too long to talk about all the nice models they are making. They also normally beat minichamps to the punch by getting the same model out first.

So, it is really hard to say, but even if I pick IXO, I am glad that minichamps is still out there and keeping them honest on both quality and price.
Old 3 Jan 2002, 08:21 (Ref:193104)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We don't get IXO or Vitesse in Australia. There is a limited range of Auto Art avaialble and they are veyr good, but Minichamps are better and have an enormous range.

Unique to Australia are Trax and Classic Collectables. The former have been around a while and the quality has gone from pretty ordinary to rather good in the time. Due to their strict limited editoions policy, the models actually appreciate. Classic Collectables have only done about 4 moulds and flooded the market with millions of examples of every colour scheme possible. The quality and detail though, has improved in the short time they've been available.