Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 5 Nov 2007, 19:41 (Ref:2060518)   #1
Ginetta22
Rookie

Ginetta22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard 'Willie' Weavers - 1 Year On!

I would just like to bring up the fact it has been a year since the passing of super kart ace Richard "Willie" Weavers......

He was a very close friend to me... he was a very close friend and tutor in karting...

I was racing at silverstone a year to the weekend of his death... which made me even more determined to win for him... which is something i did!

That one was for you buddy!!!

Miss you man

Dan Laddiman
xxx

R.I.P

Last edited by Ginetta22; 5 Nov 2007 at 19:47.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 23:42 (Ref:2060722)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dan, thank you for reminding us, and a great tribute. This was an appalling tragedy at the Walter Hayes meeting last year. I was at Luffield when this accident happened on the approach to Brooklands. Fortunately, I was looking the other way at the time but the aftermath left everyone deeply upset and traumatised. Our hearts went out to Richard Weavers family, friends and members of the karting community.

RIP, Richard
Old 6 Nov 2007, 16:13 (Ref:2061295)   #3
Antoine
Rookie

England
Witham, Essex
Antoine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I was also there last year.
Very sad indeed and well done Dan for two great drives last weekend. I'm sure Richard would have been proud.
RIP Richard Weavers
Old 6 Nov 2007, 21:02 (Ref:2061512)   #4
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dan, that is a really nice Tribute to Richard. I'm sure he'd be very proud of your progress.

I was also there that day and I will never forget it.

RIP Richard.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 10:53 (Ref:2066367)   #5
Ginetta22
Rookie

I would have thought the organisers would have remembered this aswell and possible held a minutes silence..... he may not of been a big name in the sport but he certainly was one of the sports greatest characters!

Next year if I am at the meeting, heck, even if I am not, I am going to do my best to organise a 2 minutes silence, 1 minute for the year missed this year and 1 for next year.

Cheers guys
Old 13 Nov 2007, 11:16 (Ref:2066392)   #6
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice thread Dan and good driving this weekend.

On a practical note silences are incredibly difficult to organise at a meeting. How about a trophy in Richard's memory to keep his name alive? I'll donate twenty quid to start you off if you get something sorted.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 12:07 (Ref:2066466)   #7
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
Nice thread Dan and good driving this weekend.

On a practical note silences are incredibly difficult to organise at a meeting. How about a trophy in Richard's memory to keep his name alive? I'll donate twenty quid to start you off if you get something sorted.
Yep, I'll go for that also Piglet.
Old 12 May 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2200187)   #8
Ginetta22
Rookie

Thanks guys... I will try and organise something soon... sorry for the delayed reply... my racing has seemed to take off a bit more this year and I rarely am on here.

Speak soon

Dan
Old 12 May 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2200240)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a good tribute thread! I didn't know Richard at all but I'm sure all who did know him would be touched to see the manner in which he's remembered.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2329002)   #10
racer-gal
Rookie

racer-gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 years today.... ):

Miss you buddy.x

We'll have to get a trophy organised for next year.!!!
Old 5 Nov 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2576577)   #11
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
3 years today since we lost Richard at Silverstone and I can remember everything about that day.

RIP Richard, I'm sure you are very sorely missed.