Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Aug 2002, 23:33 (Ref:367853)   #1
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will Burti come back?

Its nearly a year since Luciano Burti survived that horrific shunt at Spa. He's spent this year testing for Ferrari but will he return to racing in F1 or is he destined to be a tester or racer elsewhere?

I'd like to see him comeback, IMO he was never given the chance to show what he could do, he had a few huge shunts last season, none of which could be attributed to him.

What do you think?
Old 29 Aug 2002, 01:11 (Ref:367895)   #2
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, of the guys who lost their seats at the end of last season, he's probably got the best chance, at least based on talent.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 03:43 (Ref:367950)   #3
Rafael
Racer

Brazil
Brasilia, Brazil
Rafael should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think no... he had the chance of showing his potencial, and failed on it. (Before the accident, he was fired from Jaguar).
He's got the 2nd. test drive place at Ferrari (with the help of Rubens) and is doing a nice job... this may show what will be his future...
Old 29 Aug 2002, 09:32 (Ref:368080)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rafael
I think no... he had the chance of showing his potencial, and failed on it. (Before the accident, he was fired from Jaguar).
This is harsh IMO, he had 3 races last season with Jag and a last minute race the year before. Remember his suspension failure in qualifying that caused a huge crash?

The Jag wasn't exactly the best car either, I'd like to see him given another chance, though finding a way back in may prove difficult.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 10:58 (Ref:368146)   #5
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, of all the cars the Jaguar is the WORST to show potential...its just so bad that its got an envelope of speed you can't pass...it's just a plain bad design.

Minardi, Arrows etc, are a good chassis that at least give the drivers a chance to race each other a bit.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 12:36 (Ref:368218)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe that comment explains how De La Rosa can match Irvine. It also explains why Irvine's salary is not the best way for FoMoCo to spend money that the car needs.

As for Burti, I'd like to see him back, maybe if he does well next year, Ferrari can loan him out to someone for a season of racing, then put him in place of Michael in 2005
Old 29 Aug 2002, 12:50 (Ref:368227)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dunno... with many drivers looking for a place, and being talented as they are... I think Burti would be doing a Zonta exit...