Old 12 Apr 2003, 06:04 (Ref:566989)   #1
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais fast (doesn't stink)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...143EDT0103.DTL

Bourdais at head of class
http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercuryne...ts/5609899.htm

Last edited by ¡As-de-mim!; 12 Apr 2003 at 06:10.
Old 12 Apr 2003, 06:29 (Ref:567002)   #2
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LILLY DRIVER BOURDAIS COMPLETED HIS FIRST OVAL TEST AT PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY

Lilly driver Sebastien Bourdais completed his first test on an oval track earlier this week when he ran April 1-2 on the 1-mile Phoenix International Raceway oval in Phoenix, Ariz. The reigning F3000 Champion is in his first season of competition for Newman/Haas Racing in the Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car world Series Powered by Ford and won the first two pole positions in the same number of events so far this season.

"It's been really, really interesting (testing on an oval)," said Bourdais, 24. "It's a bit scary when you start because you don't know really well the limits, between the driver and the car also. It's very difficult to estimate this. After a couple of runs, you can start to get some sensations and a better feeling, so you start to push a bit more, but always with a lot of precaution because it's really easy to do a mistake. With the downforce we have on the cars, on the ovals, it's really quick. You really need to take your time not to do a big mistake which really can have a big consequence on yourself and on the car. It was really interesting. Now I can say that I really had my first experience and I know more where I am on an oval."

On Tuesday, PacifiCare driver Bruno Junqueira turned the first laps for Newman/Haas Racing in a Ford-powered Champ car on an oval since the team ran - and won - the 2000 season-ending race at The California Speedway with Christian Fittipaldi. For 2001 and 2002, the team was powered by Toyota. Junqueira's role was to shake-down the car in order to ensure the set-up was well-balanced before handing the testing duties over to rookie Bourdais who then ran approximately 345 trouble-free laps/miles over Tuesday and Wednesday.
Old 12 Apr 2003, 12:38 (Ref:567199)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not bad going to have a toruble free oval debut - 345 laps with no spins or contact. Let's hope he can keep that up when he actually comes to race on ovals.
Old 12 Apr 2003, 13:43 (Ref:567232)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bourdais is quick Period- He got pole at Long beach- and that is a hairy place to go fast at
Old 12 Apr 2003, 14:45 (Ref:567263)   #5
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoever wrote that press release should be smacked with a Mackerel. Not nice to call someone a "Lilly driver".

Of course, the PC Nazis won't let me say anything about stereotypical views of the French...
Old 12 Apr 2003, 16:28 (Ref:567323)   #6
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
bourdais is quick Period- He got pole at Long beach- and that is a hairy place to go fast at
When did Bourdais get the pole at Long Beach? :confused: