Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 4 Jun 2003, 22:53 (Ref:621230)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dare replaces Shiggy

indyracing.com is reporting that Dare will be driving the No 5 car for A.J Foyt. Great news for Dare, shame for Hattori though.

Full story
Old 4 Jun 2003, 23:04 (Ref:621243)   #2
racefanatic
Racer

United States
Mindy
racefanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Earlier in the season Foyt said that's what he planned to do... I kinda wish he'd keep Hattori and replace Anthony, but that would NEVER happen. Anyway, it will be great to see Airton back!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 01:42 (Ref:621330)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeah dare has proved to be fairly quick , I just hope he gets time in the car to be more competitive than he was at indy
Old 5 Jun 2003, 03:00 (Ref:621357)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed, he was a very good thing when he first hit the scene...
Old 5 Jun 2003, 07:13 (Ref:621461)   #5
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dare has proven better than Hattori alreadfy last season.
Frankly speaking I don't agree with Racefanatic: Foyt IV is not doing well, but he's 18, so it can be worth betting on him for the future.
Hattori, very nice men indeed, on the contrary is 41, what kind of improvement can we ever expect from him?
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:08 (Ref:621756)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Foyt IV needs longer in the junior championships, at present he is out of his depth and, although learning, his confidence will be taking a few hits. Hattori, however, has had his day, and, as the revokal of his license for CART in 1999 shows, was never any good. Dare is a driver of real skill and potential, so he should be there fulltime.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:13 (Ref:621856)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I respect your opinion about AJ IV, Boots, but I htink that his grandfather will never withdraw him: it would sound as a hard failure for "living legend continues"
Old 6 Jun 2003, 02:58 (Ref:622453)   #8
racefanatic
Racer

United States
Mindy
racefanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I guess Airton will have to wait... he crashed in practice today and he didn't qualify. That's really too bad!
Old 6 Jun 2003, 03:38 (Ref:622471)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeah I saw that over on the "other forum"

Bad luck for Dare , I hope he isnt injured and can return to the track
Old 7 Jun 2003, 12:23 (Ref:623813)   #10
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure you've already seen this about Dare, but I'll post anyway:

Friday 6th June 2003 -

Series veteran Jaques Lazier increased his readiness for the race after being called in as a last-minute replacement for Airton Dare, who suffered a broken upper right arm and broken upper right leg in a practice crash Thursday in the No. 5 Conseco/A.J. Foyt Racing entry. Lazier was available after being released last week by Team Menard.

Lazier drove the Foyt car for the first time today, recording a top lap of 24.0789, 217.535 in the final practice.

“I’m speechless,” Lazier said. “I came to watch this weekend, and I hate to get a ride like this. My thoughts are with Airton, and I’m glad he’s going to be OK. To be driving for a legend like A.J. is beyond words. I’m just thrilled.

“It’s the whole package, the car, the Toyota engine. I’m finally getting to use gears I only dreamed about until now. I know there’s more in the car. It’s been a blur since A.J. asked me to drive last night. I came to the track at 10 a.m. and did a final seat fitting. I’m trying to stay calm and cool about everything.”

Dare is in stable condition, awake and alert at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas after surgery Thursday night on his two fractures, said Dr. Henry Bock, Indy Racing League director of medical services.

(source: http://www.indycarseries.com)

Get well soon Airton!