Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 5 Aug 2003, 03:26 (Ref:680131)   #1
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tight Championship Battle

The championship has become tight. The season started out looking like a lock for Paul Tracy. With Bruno junqueira moving past Paul Tracy in the championship points by three at Road America, does he stand a chance to win it? He has had consistancy but Paul has been on a roll. Both the Newman-Haas and Players/Forsythe teams are at the top of their game. For me, a championship that is decided at the end of the season is far more interesting than one that's decided early on.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 08:11 (Ref:680247)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This one will go right down to the wire. And, who knows, if both Junky and PT retire in just one race and Michel and Sebas come 1-2 (either way), it's a 4-way battle again!
Old 5 Aug 2003, 11:19 (Ref:680384)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, it's gonna be close, but I think Bruno's consistancy might now be the decisive factor. Pat will have to start helping Tracy.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 11:31 (Ref:680396)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've said it before, and I'll say it again and again, but PT would have won half a dozen championships to date if he didn't have so many carnage induced DNFs. What does he do first lap on a wet track? Have a big squirt and crash. Impatience is not normally found in the champion... Chin up and focus boy...
Old 5 Aug 2003, 12:11 (Ref:680420)   #5
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In 97 Tracy looked like the champion after he won 3 early races in a row, but by the end of the season he was no-where!

I wonder if that will happen again.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 12:18 (Ref:680432)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I mean, he should have won in 93, and would have had he not crashed out of so many races. Heck, he won the same number of races as Mansell...
Old 5 Aug 2003, 14:31 (Ref:680540)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very true... well, that's the first crashout he's had this year...hopefully there won't be too many more.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 6 Aug 2003, 00:27 (Ref:680888)   #8
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bruno has been very luck with his reliability. Most cars/drivers don't finish as many races in a row as he has. He never does poorly either.
Old 6 Aug 2003, 11:03 (Ref:681148)   #9
Hunka
Rookie

Hunka should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno may not win as many races but he and his team are doing a tremendous job of getting to the end of them. If that decides the championship in his favour he deserves the spoils of victory
Old 6 Aug 2003, 11:24 (Ref:681167)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The real difficulty Bruno has is that if it comes down to the wire, it will be decided on who has the most wins. So he has to get to work and pull out a decent lead in order to be sure of the Championship.