Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Dec 2003, 15:01 (Ref:815251)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Rubens: I have the same status as Michael at Ferrari

http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=66614

Old 18 Dec 2003, 15:04 (Ref:815256)   #2
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm really, Rubens?
Old 18 Dec 2003, 15:09 (Ref:815265)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Dream on!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 15:11 (Ref:815267)   #4
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Equal status???

Old 18 Dec 2003, 15:12 (Ref:815269)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe this year when michael has gotten the record WDCs, so naturally ferrari will support rubens fighting DC for the championship100%
Old 18 Dec 2003, 15:14 (Ref:815271)   #6
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like we say in Italy: hope of the naked people that the winter will be mild...
Old 18 Dec 2003, 15:16 (Ref:815274)   #7
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doesn't Rubens know that if you want to know for an absolute fact the contents of his own contract (and Michael's) you need look no further than a bunch of armchair enthusiasts who have precisely zero knowledge of it?

Why can't you guys just accept that the reason Michael wins is because he is faster then Rubens? That isn't a very contraversial point of view - certainly not as contraversial as you own version which includes your "certain knowledge" of all of the clauses of Schuamcher's contract. The only thing that is certain is that you know zip about their contracts.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 15:21 (Ref:815280)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Glen, we all know that Michael is a better driver than Rubens. No one has said anything about his contract in this thread.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 15:23 (Ref:815282)   #9
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree 100% that MS is faster than Rubens, but that's a reason why MS' status is higher, as it happened when Senna and Berger were teammates.
Nevertheless I recognize I forgot an important factor in my previous post: in the 2nd part of the season Rubens often outperformed Michael; should this trend continue at the beginning of 2004, he could hope improve his position at Ferrari.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 15:24 (Ref:815283)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
I don't think Ferrari will re sign him. Its Massa time.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 15:28 (Ref:815290)   #11
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure, if TGF is faster than Rubens, then he should have a higher status. It's called a meritocracy, although some may beg to differ
Old 18 Dec 2003, 16:24 (Ref:815345)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Glen, we all know that Michael is a better driver than Rubens. No one has said anything about his contract in this thread.
In what other way were people saying that their status was non-equal?
Old 18 Dec 2003, 16:36 (Ref:815351)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RB has being saying this since he signed for Ferrari. But I guess the need to know what will happen after 2004 is fair for him.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 16:41 (Ref:815357)   #14
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is he blind or what???
Old 18 Dec 2003, 16:43 (Ref:815359)   #15
MrBluesman1
Retired
Racer

MrBluesman1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read last night in an Autosport mag from around the time it had been announced Rubens would be driving at Ferrari and him saying that for sure if he was in the lead and Micheal was behind him on the track that Ferrari would let him win.
I wonder if he still really believes this after all that has happened. Still good luck to him
Old 18 Dec 2003, 16:54 (Ref:815372)   #16
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBluesman1
I read last night
Hmm.. You should not believe all that you read.

PS: What happened by the way? He gave him 1 second place and 1 win. (let's not get into details here) In return, Michael gave him 2 definite wins and arguably a 3rd one. I'd say that Michael draw the shortest straw in this deal...
Old 18 Dec 2003, 16:57 (Ref:815378)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by ElScOrChO
Is he blind or what???
Blinded by the money...
Old 18 Dec 2003, 17:09 (Ref:815390)   #18
MrBluesman1
Retired
Racer

MrBluesman1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Hmm.. You should not believe all that you read.

PS: What happened by the way? He gave him 1 second place and 1 win. (let's not get into details here) In return, Michael gave him 2 definite wins and arguably a 3rd one. I'd say that Michael draw the shortest straw in this deal...
hmm so now I am not to believe what I read? anything else that I should not believe Red just while you are at it?

what happened? did you not see the disapointment in Rubens in Austria when he was told to move over for Schumacher! Personally I see nothing wrong with this but if indeed Ferrari told him as he stated in 99 that they would indeed allow him to win if he were leading he maybe on that day saw all that had been said to him by Ferrari as a lie. That is what has happened to him. As for Michael drawing the shortest straw, do you honestly believe what you have written? (this is a serious question not an attack)

Red Ferrari tinted glasses I believe, try looking outside the box
Old 18 Dec 2003, 17:11 (Ref:815391)   #19
frostblade
Racer

frostblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nurse, the screens!

The drugs are wearing off...
Old 18 Dec 2003, 17:16 (Ref:815395)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Uuuhhhnnnn....

Lemme watch out for this one...
Old 18 Dec 2003, 21:46 (Ref:815553)   #21
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Equal status! Well lets see, they both have red cars, the both have 4 wheels on them yeah, that sums it up, they have equal status.

That has to be a joke. RB is the maid there. He is slower than MS, he does not seem to have the business sense that MS does and he is not the leader MS is. Therefore the team respects MS much more and gives him the number one status, period. The only way RB will beat MS to the title at Ferrari is if MS cant race!

also, if they are equal then why is it that MS's future at Ferrari is secure but RB is still up for debate.

Last edited by neilap; 18 Dec 2003 at 21:51.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 21:48 (Ref:815556)   #22
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly, I think Rubens deserves a new contract. I think Rubens is referring to the fact he is given the same machinery, and has used that to out qualify MS and win races. It was Rubens who helped to win the WCC. We all know MS is the better driver - so he will always be infront of Rubens. You are not given respect you earn it.

Roll on 2004!
Old 19 Dec 2003, 01:09 (Ref:815687)   #23
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Blinded by the money...
Actually, I am seriously beginning to wonder if Rubens needs psychiatric consult. I dont think its right to call him a 'slave' though I must say that whatever happened to him at Ferrari during past 4 years has destroyed his ego/self-respect. The desire to win a title and be like his father figure, Senna, is no longer there. I agree with you, Bon... now its only money.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 01:32 (Ref:815694)   #24
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if he has "equal status" (what ever you choose to believe that means) then there are no excuses if Michael kicks his arse again in the championship.

Me thinks there's a bit of self delusion going on in the second Ferarri...I would be very surprised if they signed Rubens again.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 01:51 (Ref:815704)   #25
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, does this mean that Luciano Burti has to pull over at any test if he comes close to Rubens' lap time?

Last edited by Fish_Flake; 19 Dec 2003 at 01:52.