Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Jan 2004, 13:06 (Ref:857542)   #1
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nissan will be back

According to the french weekly magazine Le Point, in the confidentiel section, Carlos Ghosn, the director of the japanese firm, confirms:
"Nissan will come back in race at Le Mans 24 hours".
But the priority is still the Dakar rally where the Nissan failed to shine this year.

Last edited by PascaLM; 31 Jan 2004 at 13:07.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 13:12 (Ref:857549)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is good news - remember that the ACO went to Japan last year and had meetings with Toyota, Nissan, Mazda and I belive Honda.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 13:13 (Ref:857551)   #3
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should forget the Dakar, COME BACK NISSAN!

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 31 Jan 2004, 14:03 (Ref:857581)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
yep, I heard that on Radio Monte Carlo last week-end... priority to Dakar, but Le Mans is not buried yet...

Notice that the Nissan's man was not completeky clear on the subject... don't get upset too fast...

Forget Dakar ! There's plenty of work in ALMS/LMES/Le Mans ! And still quite an unachievement in LM for Nissan...

Last edited by Fab; 1 Feb 2004 at 07:00.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 18:30 (Ref:857815)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The good aspect about Nissans Dakar program is that it does not consume huge resources like a WRC or F1 program.

Also do not rule out Mazdas return in the near future.

The regs for rotery engines have been free'd up a little and Mazda will be bringing out a new RX-7 in 2005/6. The new RX-7 will be a bigger, faster car than the RX-8.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 19:00 (Ref:857852)   #6
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See, i said they would!
Old 1 Feb 2004, 00:33 (Ref:858363)   #7
nicos935
Rookie

nicos935 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.lepoint.fr/economie/document.html?did=141690

Pascal j'ai lu l'article en question. Il n'est nullement question du Mans. Alors ?

Translation by Fab for TTers' understanding : "Pascal I read the news you mentionned. They don't seem to mention Le Mans. So what ?

Last edited by Fab; 1 Feb 2004 at 07:08.
Old 1 Feb 2004, 01:22 (Ref:858406)   #8
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by nicos935
http://www.lepoint.fr/economie/document.html?did=141690

Pascal j'ai lu l'article en question. Il n'est nullement question du Mans. Alors ?
Si, vois l'édition papier n°1637 de ce jeudi 29, page 20.

Bienvenue au forum 10T !

Translation by Fab for TTers' understanding : Yes indeed, check the paper issue of this thursday !

Last edited by Fab; 1 Feb 2004 at 07:09.
Old 1 Feb 2004, 02:07 (Ref:858446)   #9
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course they'll be back!
With the 350Z.
Old 1 Feb 2004, 02:13 (Ref:858453)   #10
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
Of course they'll be back!
With the 350Z.
This is of course the main question. GT first and LMP after, or LMP first ?...
Old 1 Feb 2004, 03:15 (Ref:858480)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Form what I understand Nissan and Mazda are both considering an LMP1 program.

Toyota may also enter under the Sard badge with an LMP1.

Last edited by JAG; 1 Feb 2004 at 03:15.
Old 1 Feb 2004, 07:04 (Ref:858542)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Not a bad thing to see them back with a GT first... Jag, are you sure about the LMP1 progamm for Nissan and Maz ? That's trumendous news, but I'm still a bit suspicious nowadays...

For Toyota, I won't be so confident...

But Hope make life more vivid !
Old 1 Feb 2004, 10:55 (Ref:858697)   #13
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just recently finished watching the Jaguar Roaring to Victory video about their sports car/Le Mans campaign from 1985-1988. The amount of Japanese manufacturers was amazing! Didn't really do any good mind but it was still nice to see. I hope we do see some Japanese manufacturers return, and in LMP1 too.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 1 Feb 2004, 15:24 (Ref:858973)   #14
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Not a bad thing to see them back with a GT first... Jag, are you sure about the LMP1 progamm for Nissan and Maz ? That's trumendous news, but I'm still a bit suspicious nowadays...

For Toyota, I won't be so confident...

But Hope make life more vivid !
Mazda had an LMP900 design ready to go before Ford blocked it. This was because of the new 2004 regs.

Nissan need the go ahead from Renault before coming back to LM. The launch of the new Skyline, which for the first time wiill be sold around the world, may be the perfect time to return.

Sard are very serious about an LM program. It would be a SARD project but with toyota power.

Last I heard this had been delayed until 2005/6.

Last edited by JAG; 1 Feb 2004 at 15:25.
Old 1 Feb 2004, 19:22 (Ref:859337)   #15
nsxr
Racer

nsxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Z was designed for LeMan. the jgtc car ran parts of the leman package. But I'd rather see the v8 turbo skyline roaring down the mulsanne. A portotype would be good but doubt it.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 03:53 (Ref:859684)   #16
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mazda would be great but Ford is already committed to Formula 1 WRC and NASCAR

Nissan has Renault to deal with, Formula 1 WRC(maybe)

Toyota? Formula 1 without a lot of success even though big money which could be an incentive to concentrate on one series

Honda is committed pretty much to F1 I can't see them going the le mans rout

I wish we could see all of them though, new Skyline/350Z, new Supra, new NSX, new RX-7 everybody has their big new car in Japa and Lemans would be a perfect showcase for all of them
Old 2 Feb 2004, 18:30 (Ref:860350)   #17
TDDWEST
Rookie

TDDWEST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I took this photo at Sebring in 1990.

I would love to see Nisson back in the prototype business.

Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:11 (Ref:860416)   #18
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
There was of course interest in putting together a LMGT program for the 350Z, spearheaded with an effort in ALMS. The interest came from JPN I believe, but Nissan NA refused to foot the bill, and the project died there.

Sure would be nice to see them run a program though.