Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Mar 2004, 23:24 (Ref:894139)   #1
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tommy Kendall w/ Rocketsports

The TAIL site has reported that Tommy Kendall has signed to race for Rocketsports this year in the Trans Am Series. Should be almost a guranteed championship for him.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 23:47 (Ref:894169)   #2
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct. If true than he is this years DCW (Designated Championship Winner) for Rocketsports. Wonder why anyone else even bothers these days in that series with that owner? The rest are cannon fodder...
Old 5 Mar 2004, 01:19 (Ref:894287)   #3
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No wonder they told him to shut TAIL down, he gets the news a week before the official site!
Old 5 Mar 2004, 02:52 (Ref:894360)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TK!! awesome- he will win it, and the other will only win an event on his off days, this is utterly ridiculous, PG has destroyed T/A.
i hope TK really pulls it of though he's cool
weel here's hoping AGTC gets the trans-am mantle next year
Old 5 Mar 2004, 02:55 (Ref:894361)   #5
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why did he stop racing for a while anyways?
Old 5 Mar 2004, 11:20 (Ref:894756)   #6
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My guess is that between staying in T/A as it ctarted to decline, and not getting a driver somewhere else, he decided he had something better to do.
Old 5 Mar 2004, 15:33 (Ref:895023)   #7
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i guess speed was paying well enough to just annouce. but, for some reason i was under the impression he couldnt. but, not because he couldnt find a ride?
Old 6 Mar 2004, 01:23 (Ref:895458)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumor had it, he was going to WABC, to do the announcing for the IRL.

That broadcasting team could have used his help, he's funny, and he could bring some fresh insider stories to make it more interesting, especially to the highly sought after "youth" market.

He'll probably be TA's only big name, and with Gentilozzisports, oops, I mean Rocketsports, the championship is in the bag...

Last edited by GP Racer; 6 Mar 2004 at 01:28.

Danica Patrick
Old 7 Mar 2004, 00:09 (Ref:896376)   #9
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And strangely enough, Kendall's 1997 T/A car will also be competing this year, in the American GT Challenge.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 19:23 (Ref:897319)   #10
full throttle
Racer

Cyber,

That's another funny story. I know of at least 4-5 people who claim to have 'the' T Kendall car. I'm sure Rousch was laughing all the way to the bank. I know TK's former crew chief very well and he assures me that that car is safely tucked away in Livonia Michigan, complete with the rear suspension that was never evelaed and later nade illegal.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 19:26 (Ref:897320)   #11
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tommy's nickname is "too tall" Part of the problem he had was the difficulty in fitting in single seaters
Old 7 Mar 2004, 20:53 (Ref:897386)   #12
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by full throttle
I know of at least 4-5 people who claim to have 'the' T Kendall car.
Ah yes so it's a bit like all those E-Type Jaguars over here that are "ex-Jochen Rindt". Looks like Jochen drove every E-Type ever built at least once.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 17:47 (Ref:898286)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like George Washington, who slept so many places it's no wonder he was the Father of his Country!

Everyone I have spoken to about this change in TK's fortune has said "Well at least it will get him off the air." His Frat Boy humour has long since lost its freshness to a lot of us. Good luck to him in the car.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 18:40 (Ref:898348)   #14
full throttle
Racer

Liz,

Sorry to disappoint but I'd be shocked if TK didn't continue his broadcast job with OWRS. With the T-A sched tied so closely to OWRS, he can easily move between the booth and the car just as Pruett did last year on quite a few occasions..... No way TK gives up a paycheck. He's still got the first nickle he ever earned, and I use the term 'earned' loosely as even Tommy will tell you he's never had a real job!! LOL!!

Cheers...