Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 4 May 2004, 18:13 (Ref:960678)   #1
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kirkistown

Rather than my usual b.i.t.c.hing about stuff, credit where credit's due. Had a great day at Kirkistown on Saturday - was made to feel really welcome by Richard Young and all there, the circuit's a corker and its sooo friendly - I think I chatted to half the paddock. (Winning a couple of trophies didn't harm either ). I'd highly recommend going there by yourself, as I did, or taking your series there (the cheap entry fees nearly balance out the very-reasonable ferry fare).
Old 4 May 2004, 20:28 (Ref:960821)   #2
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We went there in 99 with Mark Taylor and it was a real good laugh. The track was quite poor but I believe it has been resurfaced now. We were guests of McGarrity and McAlpin and got taken out at the first corner by George but we used what was unbroken of our car to help repair Georges for the next race.

I heard Darwin Smith was driving his dad's March F2 this weekend, how did he get on?
Old 4 May 2004, 21:22 (Ref:960883)   #3
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
The track must have been resurfaced - its very good in most places; a little rough on some of the straights but nothing too bad. Certainly better than (the Internationally licenced) Mondello Park I did the next day.

Is the March red? If so, I think it was jumping out of gear in practice. They repaired it for the race, but there was only one finisher in the Libre race - a FF Zetec (and nearly not that with a spin on the final lap)! The March looked a beautiful/brutal car. One of the drivers was trying to convince me to enter - wish I had after seeing the result.

Last edited by graeme; 4 May 2004 at 21:24.
Old 4 May 2004, 21:59 (Ref:960935)   #4
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah its the red one, nice isnt it?

I wonder what happened in the race then
Old 5 May 2004, 07:42 (Ref:961190)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kirkistown is a nice and friendly circuit but to be frank I think Castle Combe is a better "small circuit", its better orgainsed and easier to get to and cheaper and a nicer circuit. For the cost and hassle of getting to Kirkistown I would prefer to go to Spa (travel costs are more or less the same!)
Old 5 May 2004, 19:45 (Ref:961865)   #6
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went over to Kirkistown for the rallycross. I love this type of circuit, being run by racers for racers. It seemed all weekend that nothing was too much trouble for them, and Richard and his team clearly understand what the drivers want/need. Looking forward to going back next year.
Old 11 May 2004, 15:14 (Ref:967768)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Damn! I meant to look for you Graeme - I was at Kirky on Saturday and Mondello on Sunday and totally forgot to come see you

Glad you liked Kirkistown - sorry you didn't feel the same about Mondello which is also a great circuit - they're very very different though, that's for sure!
Old 11 May 2004, 19:25 (Ref:968036)   #8
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Oh, no - I like Mondello as well (I like the circuit more than Kirki)! Its just it wasn't as friendly (its not unfriendly though...) and my race wasn't as good (stuck in the Libre race against Ralts and Reynards).