Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Nov 2000, 18:49 (Ref:50513)   #1
Tris
Racer

Tris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK here is an interesting idea... if you could go and have a night out with a Formula 1 driver who would it be and why?

For me a it would have to be Berger... well at least you know you would be on the pull! I really like his sense of humour too.

Any driver from history... dead or alive I have always wondered what it would have been like to go out on the town with James Hunt..
Old 30 Nov 2000, 19:03 (Ref:50521)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!

*ahem* You don't really need to ask me, do you???
Old 30 Nov 2000, 19:12 (Ref:50525)   #3
Speed Demon
Racer

Speed Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, James Hunt and the Hesketh boys sounds pretty wild. You could write a book on that - except that Gerald Donaldson already has. It's a good read and I'd recommend it for Christmas if you haven't yet read it.
Old 30 Nov 2000, 23:54 (Ref:50564)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeh gehard berger would be a scream to go out with as would Johnny Herbert.
Old 1 Dec 2000, 01:10 (Ref:50570)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricardo Zonta and none of your business.
Old 1 Dec 2000, 03:43 (Ref:50592)   #6
sweetbaby
Rookie

sweetbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dance like we're on auto-destruct

Firstly I would like to know if you can have a geneticaly modified driver..eg.looks/personality/driving skill...etc

My first choice would have to be Mr. Edmond Irvine..As we have the same mother land, our lips would go flapity flap flap flap..and everybody knows he can party hardy!
plus we could always go to a nght club and "dance like we're on auto-destruct" then back to his place 4 a funky good time...eddie would show no mercy but he would sure-nuf show you how to grind

Old 1 Dec 2000, 04:07 (Ref:50600)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For me, its HHF, from what I have read of him, his twisted sense of humour would have me rolling.

Also, having seen him in Montreal last year, he strikes me as a pleasent and likeable guy who actually is enjoying himself.
Old 1 Dec 2000, 08:58 (Ref:50616)   #8
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No individual driver for me - nor even this current era.

But in the mid sixties, the post-race parties were legendary. For me, I would use the time machine to go back to - say - Rosie's Bar, Monaco, and just kick back and watch Graham Hill, Innes Ireland, Jackie Stewart, Jim Clark and the gang being as outrageous as only they knew how. Okay, so Jimmy and Jackie would be the first ones to be wanting to make excuses and get an early night, but Innes was the kind of fellow who would respond to a bet and actually try to fly someone's underwear from a church steeple.

And did so on at least one recorded occasion.
Old 1 Dec 2000, 19:48 (Ref:50709)   #9
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it have to be Alesi and Berger, the coolest, craziest and funniest two people I've ever seen, if they're together.
Old 2 Dec 2000, 22:20 (Ref:50852)   #10
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tris
For me a it would have to be Berger... well at least you know you would be on the pull! I really like his sense of humour too
Berger, on the pull? Isn't he married?

I think i'd choose Eddie Irvine... or Button... or...
Old 6 Dec 2000, 21:31 (Ref:51392)   #11
Katherine
Rookie

Katherine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to have a night out with Schumi. To end the night off, he could pull into my pit for a quick game of petrol pumps.....
Old 7 Dec 2000, 08:22 (Ref:51463)   #12
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To have a nice night out I would prefer Alezi. He has a lot of charm and humour. But to have a mad one I would choose Eddi. I think he likes vodka. And we could compete in speed drinking.

Old 7 Dec 2000, 14:31 (Ref:51494)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

hmm. well, there's two choices.
being young, i don't know about james hunt. and besides, would you trust him with your daughter?
aesthetically, i could look at jenson button all day. but he's got a bird, and i'd hate to tread on toes.
marc gene, from the current crop, would be interesting. apart from the fact i wouldn't have to say much he seems an interesting creature.
henz harald frentzen would be very interesting. he does have a really dry and odd sense of humour, and to find out exactly what went wrong at williams would be good.
i'm afraid i'd have to take ricardo zonta out too. we could afford to go to to the coctail bar instead of the bargain pub. i'd like to go out with him in monaco, cause he seems to know all the best places to go there.
Old 7 Dec 2000, 17:54 (Ref:51519)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry, but Zonta is booked for the next 35 years or so.

I'd like to spend an evening with Jacques Lafitte, Alain Prost, and Keke Rosberg in a well lighted public place, just talking about the days when men were men and women were glad .... and I wouldn't mind a chat with Derek Warwick as well, he looked surprisingly good at Snetterton last year.

Old 7 Dec 2000, 19:42 (Ref:51530)   #15
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Does Davina Galica qualify ? Although she never actually started a race she did practice for some.

Failing that it would have to be a few pints with Peter Collins and Mike Hawthorn. Maybe they could bring along Stirling, Tony Brooks, Innes Ireland even Fangio.

Any waterfront bar in Monte Carlo would do.

Simon