Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 15 Jun 2004, 13:09 (Ref:1004707)   #1
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awnings

Have just bought a 7.5 tonne lorry with a 20 ft box and want to get a decent awning for it.
Can anyone recommend any companies to supply/fit an awning without making me go bankrupt.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 13:33 (Ref:1004745)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Re: Awnings

Quote:
Originally posted by kickstart
Have just bought a 7.5 tonne lorry with a 20 ft box and want to get a decent awning for it.
Can anyone recommend any companies to supply/fit an awning without making me go bankrupt.
You have just bought a 7.5 tonne lorry with a 20 ft box so you won't need the awning to make you go bankrupt
Old 15 Jun 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1004766)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
if you are after the side mounted ones I cant help but I have one of the Airstream stand alone ones and its very good
not really what you are after though I guess
Old 15 Jun 2004, 13:50 (Ref:1004784)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kickstart. See your pm's.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1004834)   #5
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter, I could be interested in any helpful info on this subject later this year so if you could post any info it would be appreciated.

Aparently Alfred Bull does not do them anymore? Strange as I thought they were one of the major manufacturers for motorsport?
Old 15 Jun 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1004926)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have no direct experience but I know a man who has so I pm'd his phone number to Kickstart.

I'll do the same for you.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 16:12 (Ref:1004962)   #7
sfaulds
Rookie

sfaulds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have a WeatherWeave awning on our truck, and it's a cracking bit of kit. www.weatherweave.co.uk
Old 15 Jun 2004, 18:19 (Ref:1005070)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Welcome sfaulds.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 23:55 (Ref:1005427)   #9
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stegmaier in Germany are fantastic, they make by far the best awnings in the world and they are not badly priced. We bought one in 2000 and since then they seem to have become the most popular awning about.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 07:32 (Ref:1005547)   #10
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks Peter.
Mackmot, do you know of any links to Stegmaier as they are not listed on goodgle?
Old 16 Jun 2004, 10:17 (Ref:1005673)   #11
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ive got their phone number, its +49 735 69 50 50
Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:03 (Ref:1005847)   #12
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
I have been put onto Deans Awnings in Bolton - www.theawningcompany.co.uk who seem very good and importantly offer a decent price.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1005874)   #13
SPBRacing
Rookie

United Kingdom
North West
SPBRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awning

Kickstart

Getting my new fitted next friday wind out type . After looking at all the others find them best on qaulity & price. Also they are near to use both than others. I know of people that have had one done by them over the last few years and they are still good today.

SPB
Old 18 Jun 2004, 09:21 (Ref:1007666)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've just bought a 6m x 3m marquee on Ebay for £60

that'll do Throbnozzle racing for now . . . .until I've saved up to buy an ex F1 Articulated lorry with all the trimmings
Old 18 Jun 2004, 19:41 (Ref:1008210)   #15
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
you can probably get one on ebay if you keep looking
Old 19 Jun 2004, 09:33 (Ref:1008559)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Zef,

What sort did you buy and how much does it weigh?
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:39 (Ref:1009882)   #17
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The awning company in Bolton is excellent.

They are good value as well
Old 21 Jun 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1010546)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Peter

simple answer is dunno, and lots probably !

I just placed the opening bid on ebay and won it ! at £60 if it only lasts a year it'll be ok, could be handy at Spa if it rains though as I can get the whole car in easily, and still have planty of space for working / entertaining !
Old 21 Jun 2004, 10:56 (Ref:1010560)   #19
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We use "Market Makers" who are bsed down in Rayleigh Essex, much more sturdy than the others. We have survived a couple of storms without any damage (more than a lot of others could claim afterwards) and would definitely buy from them again. They can be reached on 01268 770 373, speak to John.

No connection, just a satisfied customer.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:09 (Ref:1011967)   #20
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Argos do a 3m square 'Marque' £60 + 40 for the walls.. there was one at Trac Mon...it seemed good value..very easy to put up.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:25 (Ref:1011990)   #21
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
StephenRae, we had one of those for one test day at Donington - it was ripped to bits by the wind.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 16:35 (Ref:1012296)   #22
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kickstart
StephenRae, we had one of those for one test day at Donington - it was ripped to bits by the wind.
The Fiesta racer with the Argos awning spent Friday searching Anglesey for a petrol cap...he'd lost the key..
much of Friday evening and Saturday morning was spent returning to West Kirby for parts and changing the cyl. head...bent valves...started his race from the back of the grid.
To complete the weekend the other driver in the shared Fiesta rolled fairly comprehensively in the race on Sunday....
The awning seemed to stand up to the mild breeze quite well!!!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 19:00 (Ref:1012457)   #23
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
Whats the Fiesta's racers nickname - LUCKY...LOL
Old 24 Jun 2004, 14:35 (Ref:1014650)   #24
sprocket
Racer

England
bramhall,cheshire
sprocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anybody is still looking ,i've got a as new steel frame one. Will fit any single seater. Need space.It's in Cheshire.