Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 23 Dec 2004, 13:43 (Ref:1186746)   #1
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Mo Nunn Munn = No Mo Nunn?

According to the other forum, Mo Nunn has closed his IRL shop down and is considering becoming invovled in ChampCars again. Does anyone have any information on this?
Old 23 Dec 2004, 14:52 (Ref:1186771)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as I'm aware, it's speculation.

An "IRL Shop" is largely the same as what a "Champ Car shop" would be, so if he was making such a move I don't think he'd be closing down.

I hope to see him remain in IndyCar.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 19:44 (Ref:1186993)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Takagi has left the team, but Mo still has potential Toyota support and is suppsoedly talking to potential drivers. I suspect the team will still be there.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 21:32 (Ref:1187065)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whee is all this coming from...?
and is Takagi part of the TAkagi corp? the ones who make water heaters and toilet stuff?
anyway- toyota or not i hope Nunn racing gets it going on somewhere, but he is in his 70's afterall
Old 23 Dec 2004, 21:58 (Ref:1187089)   #5
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sure that any speculation involving ChampCars is exactly that...
Speculation.

However, if worse-comes-to-worse with his racing operations, there just so happens to be an open position for "Technical Director"...
Old 24 Dec 2004, 16:45 (Ref:1187543)   #6
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't blame Mo Nunn or Patrick if they packed it in. I mean, at their age, if you can't be a frontrunner, or at least competitive then whats the point? They've both paid their dues in this sport, and its got to be painful to have two such awful teams again, like their rookies.

Its almost like a CEO of a company going back to work in the mailroom again. Its just not good...

Danica Patrick
Old 24 Dec 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1187604)   #7
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nunn was always better as a technical guy rather than a team owner, so if the rumor about him going to Champcar as a tech director is true, that would be best.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 22:15 (Ref:1187663)   #8
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
What Mo has said according to the report i read is that he wants a competitive driver. he wants to be quick and run at the front. After Tora's lacklustre season he doesn't want another one like that.
He (was reported to have) said that there are quick boys out there, citing briscoes performance at Sebring as a sign that he's still wanting to run. He just doesn't have a deal with a steerer (having made approaches to Scheckter and one other who signed for other teams).
Old 26 Dec 2004, 21:49 (Ref:1188152)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He was very unlucky last season, as there was no reason to expect Toyota to struggle, or expect Takagi to have that crash and lose his nerve. The nucleus of the team is still potentially strong in my view, so I'm sure they can get the job doneif he can find a driver with talent and funding.
Old 28 Dec 2004, 14:19 (Ref:1188843)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully a sponsor could put a programme together for Jeff Simmons - ideally I'd like to see Nunn have a two-car team.

The benefits of feedback tend to work against one-car teams these days.
Old 28 Dec 2004, 15:36 (Ref:1188878)   #11
Ac.
Racer

Canada
Waterloo, Ont.
Ac. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rumour comes from Robin Miller at speedtv.com

"Morris Nunn has given his crew the rest of 2004 off, with pay, but the veteran car owner/engineer told them to shop around for jobs because he can't promise them anything for 2005."

Whole story here: http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/14477/
Old 28 Dec 2004, 15:51 (Ref:1188883)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

Fingers crossed he finds the right budget and drivers then.